Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would love to get Starling.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Id love to get Andrus in a deal from Texas or Myers in a deal from KC

More realistically I could see a deal around Starling from KC and a deal around Olt from Texas. Olt can get in the lineup right away if he only played the OF. Though hsi scouting report says he could handle a spot...A deal of Olt, Alfaro, and Odor would be a nice catch.

Whats the preference:

Olt, Alfaro, Odor OR Starling, Odorizzi, Colon
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Jayson Stark
    @jaysonst Sources say #Mets have gotten "serious" about trading R.A. Dickey as soon as this week. #Rangers & #Royals seen as most logical fits.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Mike Olt is a stud, but I think there's higher upside for Bubba Starling. A package with the Rangers would probably help us more immediately, however a Royals package might be better long term in my opinion.

I don't think we will be able to pry Myers for Dickey, but a package built around Starling and Odorizzi would interest me a lot. Gives us a pitcher that can work his way up from the back of the rotation immediately, and Starling is one of those rare power/speed guys that would look good with Nimmo.

Mike Olt and Martin Perez I feel are good, but personally I would rather have Starling and Odorizzi. Getting a starting pitcher and an up the middle talent is very, very appealing to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Mike Olt is a stud, but I think there's higher upside for Bubba Starling. A package with the Rangers would probably help us more immediately, however a Royals package might be better long term in my opinion.

I don't think we will be able to pry Myers for Dickey, but a package built around Starling and Odorizzi would interest me a lot. Gives us a pitcher that can work his way up from the back of the rotation immediately, and Starling is one of those rare power/speed guys that would look good with Nimmo.

Mike Olt and Martin Perez I feel are good, but personally I would rather have Starling and Odorizzi. Getting a starting pitcher and an up the middle talent is very, very appealing to me.
    Could be get Olt and Martin? We need a center fielder.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    The Mets are not trading for lower level prospects, so you can forget Starling, Alfaro, etc. the guys we will get are going to be on the team almost immediately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    The Mets are not trading for lower level prospects, so you can forget Starling, Alfaro, etc. the guys we will get are going to be on the team almost immediately.
    If Robert Allen can bring us a major league quality starting outfielder and a catcher with good WAR numbers, then the Bishop of the C of D will endorse this trade.

And then sadly disband the C of D which was formed in mid season 2010.

But the devil will be in the details. Part of me wonders if they'll sell low just to get out from paying a hefty extension.

As the Zen Master said....
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- ESPN's Jayson Stark writes on Twitter: Sources say the Mets have gotten "serious" about trading R.A. Dickey as soon as this week. The Rangers and Royals are seen as the most logical fits.

Trading a reigning Cy Young winner that offseason would not be unprecedented, but it would be unusual. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, only six previous Cy Young winners have opened the next season with another team -- regardless of reason.

Cy Young award winners to start the next season with another team:

Catfish Hunter, 1974 Oakland Athletics, 1975 New York Yankees
    Mark W. Davis, 1989 San Diego Padres, 1990 Kansas City Royals
    Greg Maddux, 1992 Chicago Cubs, 1993 Atlanta Braves
    David Cone, 1994 Royals, 1995 Toronto Blue Jays/Yankees
    Pedro Martinez, 1997 Montreal Expos, 1998 Boston Red Sox
    Roger Clemens, 1998 Blue Jays, 1999 Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post

I don't even need a package around Starling and Odorizzi, those two alone would be enough to pull the trigger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Who is your source?

vCash
    Hey, as jays fan I am wondering where Met fans would stand on trading Matt Harvey for Travis D'arnaud, straight up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a_roid_3333 View Post
    Hey, as jays fan I am wondering where Met fans would stand on trading Matt Harvey for Travis D'arnaud, straight up?
    No.

You don't trade a potential #1 SP for a possible elite hitting catcher.

vCash
    Marc Carig @MarcCarig
    Alderson acknowledges interest in Dickey from several teams. Has met with those teams today. Says Grienke's status will shape market.

vCash
    KBurkhardtSNY Sandy Alderson said he needs difference maker in return for Dickey. That's either a major leaguer or someone close to that level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    KBurkhardtSNY Sandy Alderson said he needs difference maker in return for Dickey. That's either a major leaguer or someone close to that level.
    Myers

Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast