Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Nolan Ryan, Jamie Moyer, Phil Niekro, Warren Spahn, etc etc are the exceptions not the rule.
    However, longevity is a rule with knuckleballers who had success at the MLB level.

Joe Niekro might be more like RA Dickey than any of the others -- to the best of my knowledge. If I recall correctly, Joe threw his fastball regularly. Joe threw about 3800 professional innings until the age of 43, and his career started going south at the 3300 IP bench mark. R.A. is at 2300 professional innings presently. Each situation is unique, but this is one reason why I keep saying R.A. has 1000+ innings left in his arm. What else is there to go on in order to speculate?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Trade for Olt and Martin. Olt in RF, Martin in CF.
    That would be Ideal. Olt, Martin and a lower level outfielder.

If they could pull of Olt, Martin and Ronald Guzman I would be pumped!

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    I also really like Luery Garcia. He's a second base prospect that seems to have good tools.

vCash
    Does anyone think the Rangers would trade Olt and Martin for Dickey? If yes would they include another piece that may be further along such as Guzman or Garcia?

vCash
    Would set out OF up nicely. Kirk in Left, Martin in Center, Olt in Right.

Trade Duda, DD + for JPA and this team could contend.

vCash
    I would take Olt+ for Dickey, but tops would be Wil Meyers. That would be a sensational move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    If Dickey gets traded, would you still be in favor of trading Niese also?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    nope

vCash
    Latest on R.A. Dickey: Mets underwhelmed by trade offers
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/latest-...etsBlog.com%29

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Walk away, and see how far they follow. As some media have pointed out, some teams will become more interested as the FA market dries up.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    I might be more inclined to trade Niese if the return is far greater.

Any trade with the Rangers I would want Olt and Martin. Is that realistic?

vCash
    J.P. Arencibia, frequently linked to the Mets in early trade rumors, is merely a mild upgrade. He hits for way more power, but his production is mitigated by his inability to get on base with any frequency. His 88 career OPS+ is only a tick higher than Tholeís 85, and his .275 career on-base percentage is about exactly the same as Tholeís post-injury mark in 2012. And heís not much of a defender.

Arencibia will be 27 in January, so he could still improve a bit ó though so could Thole. Plus he hits right-handed and he wonít be eligible for free agency until after 2016. If he were practically free, or a part of a larger trade package, heíd make a decent right-handed complement to Thole in a platoon. But since he hasnít hit lefties as well as free-agents Kelly Shoppach, Chris Snyder, Ronny Paulino or even Bobby Wilson, none of whom seems likely to command a whole ton of money, Arencibia hardly seems worth targeting in a trade unless he lands in the Metsí laps.

Arencibiaís Minor League history should also sound a small warning about the Blue Jaysí more coveted young catcher, Travis díArnaud. díArnaud moved through the Minors at a younger age than Arencibia and typically posted more promising walk rates. But though díArnaudís .333/.380/.595 line as a 23-year-old at Triple-A Las Vegas looks enticing to a Mets fan dreaming of an All-Star catcher, itís not far off from the .301/.359/626 marks Arencibia posted in Vegas as a 24-year-old in 2010. díArnaud carries a better reputation in prospect circles than Arencibia ever did, and, again, heís younger and far more likely to emerge as a Major League star, so worth way more in a trade than Arencibia. But heís far from a guarantee to immediately succeed in the Majors. Sometimes what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
    http://tedquarters.net/words/take-warning/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Dickey or Niese should not be traded for either catcher over there.

vCash
    Yeah they need a first basemen. The only thing i would give up for JPA is Duda.

vCash
    The Top Ten Royals by BP
    OF Wil Myers
    RHP Kyle Zimmer
    CF Bubba Starling
    SS Adalberto Mondesi
    RHP Yordano Ventura
    RHP Jake Odorizzi
    RF Jorge Bonifacio
    3B Cheslor Cuthbert
    RHP Miguel Almonte
    RHP Jason Adam

Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast