Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSince'62 View Post
    We need to keep R.A., but if he's traded - it better be for a blue chip, cant miss, hard hitting young outfielder....nothing less. Stop the "package" talk, that usually a group of lesser prospects (remember who we traded for Santana?)

Bingo!

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    Gose, JPA and Sean Nolin?
    I like JPA, not a fan of Gose, but Nolin is a nice overlooked prospect. I would love this deal. At some point next year or in 2014, our rotation would be Harvey, Niese, Wheeler, Nolin, and Gee. I'd miss RA, But I think it would be a very good deal for both teams.

vCash
    Any deal with the Jays I want d'Arnaud. JPA is solid but the guy only has a career .278 OBP. Not good enough to be a center piece. the list of guys id want in a Dickey deal

Jays: d'Arnaud, Gose

Angels: Trumbo, Bourjos

Royals: Gordon, Myers

Obviously you wont get both of those guys from the Royals, but one of those two would HAVE to be in any deal. The other two, its possible in the right deal you could get Trumbo and Bourjos from the Angels or d'Arnaud and Gose from the Jays

EDIT: I forgot to add the D'Backs: A package of two of Jason Kubel, Adam Eaton, Keon Broxton, as well as Anthony Meo
    Last edited by lvlheaded; 12-01-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    The Royals are not dealing Myers for Dickey and Gordon is considered untouchable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I was thinking one of Sanchez or Sindergaard.
    I've been focused on Syndergaard too. Even though Sanchez is rated higher, I think he walks too many. A package of Gose, Arencibia and Syndergaard would get Dickey if I were GM. That said, if I couldn't pry either Syndergaard or Sanchez from AA, Sean Nolin is a very acceptable fall back position.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    I like Nolin and mention him in previous threads because he is a lefty who can thrown in the low to mid 90's with a very good change up, but I would ask for one of the 2 guys I mention first.

vCash
    pirates: Luis Heredia and Josh Bell or just Marte
    Rangers: Elvis Andrus and Roman Mendez
    Stop blaming the wilpons and the Mets for the crappy product on the field and for your meth addiction, blame society

vCash
    maybe look at Reddick from Oakland

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    So what's a fair comparison for Arencibia?

A younger Rod Barajas? The way people talk about the guy that's how he sounds.

I hope he's considerably better if he will be a key cog in trading Dickey. Otherwise, I'd much rather keep Dickey.
    I don't know where all this "young Rod Barajas" talk is coming from. At the age of 26 Arencibia already has 825 major league ABs, has hit 43 HRs, 138 RBI. Barajas accumulated only 289 ABs when he was 26, hit 8 HRs and had 38 RBI. He didn't get 825 ABs until he was 29, at which time he had accumulated 26 HRs and 124 RBI. Barajas career high in HRs was 21 at the age of 29, while J.P. has already had a 23 HR season at the age of 25.

I'm not an Arencibia fan. Frankly, I hope that if Sandy can't get D'Arnaud in exchange for Dickey, he should move on. BUt I do think that Arencibia is a better offensive player than a young Rod Barajas.

vCash
    I actually like Tyler Flowers more than JPA, so that would be my target if we are looking for a catcher. He walks more, and has more raw power, just hasn't gotten the opportunity to play with AJ under contract.

vCash
    Dickey and Flores for Flowers, Trayce Thompson, Carlos Sanchez, and Addison Reed. Sign Ludwick and Brian Wilson.

C-Flowers(R)
    1B-Davis(L)
    2B-Sanchez(S)
    SS-Tejada(R)
    3B-Wright(R)
    LF-Ludwick(R)
    CF-Thompson(R)
    RF-Nieuwenhuis(L)

Santana, Harvey, Niese, Gee, Pelfrey/Familia/Wheeler

Wilson, Reed, Francisco, Parnell, Edgin, Carson, Familia/Mejia

That bullpen is sick imo, the line-up has a lot of upside. The rotation would be solid too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    The only thing I got from this was the insult calling Dickey nothing more than a "solid starter"

And why do the Jays need SP? They already nearly gutted their system to get two top line SPs in Buerhle/Johnson.
    The Jays barely dented their system with that deal. The one problem with our prospects though is that most of the better ones are in the lower levels of the minors.

As far as pitching, you can never have enough. On paper we have 4 solid pitchers, but Baseball is incredibly fickle and anything can happen.

I would definitely be interested in getting Dickey, but im not even going to pretend to know what kinda deal would work!!

How come you guys as fans are so interested in dealing the Cy Young winner? Cash in now kinda thing? Or are the Mets trying to rebuild?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    Marisnick was over-rated. The only tool that evaluators liked him more then Gose was the hit tool, and he hit pretty bad the last year. If Gose doesn't hit a lick, he'd still be a very valuable centerfeilder in the bigs...a far cry from a fringe major league player.

The Jays are stacked. I miss Nicolino much more the Marisnick because I actually believe he has the capability to turn into something that's actually good. Even with that Roberto Osuna has emerged as a phenom and in the eyes of many has already emerged as being more valuable then Nicolino.
    I completey agree with Marisnick ... He may become a great player, he may not, but he was absolutely over rated by many Jays fans on our board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Pirates, Rangers, Blue Jays, and Royals would be the teams i would be looking towards.

Plenty of minor league talent there.

I am really not that high on a deal with the centerpiece being Trumbo.
    1. Royals: Myers (I wouldn't be too sure they won't trade him 1 for 1. That's exactly what they said about Wheeler.) or
    Cain, Odorizzi and Jorge Bonifacio

2. Jays: D'Arnaud, Kevin Pillar and Danny Barnes . . or if they won't part with D'Arnaud
    Arencibia, Gose and Syndergaard

3. Angels: Trumbo, Kole Calhoun, and Hank Conger

4. Twins: Aaron Hicks, Oswaldo Arcia and Kyle Gibson

5. Rangers: Leonys Martin, Cody Buckel, and Jorge Alfaro (but I don't think they're in the hunt for Dickey.)

6. Pirates: Alen Henson, Gregory Polanco and Kyle McPherson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    The Jays barely dented their system with that deal. The one problem with our prospects though is that most of the better ones are in the lower levels of the minors.

As far as pitching, you can never have enough. On paper we have 4 solid pitchers, but Baseball is incredibly fickle and anything can happen.

I would definitely be interested in getting Dickey, but im not even going to pretend to know what kinda deal would work!!

How come you guys as fans are so interested in dealing the Cy Young winner? Cash in now kinda thing? Or are the Mets trying to rebuild?
    I would like nothing but to keep Dickey, but at the same time the Mets have huge holes on offense and no real positional prospects in the upper minors to fill those holes and they do not have the willingness to spend big to fill those holes via free agency. Therefore they have to get creative and deal from strength and that is their starting pitching which is very good at the major league level and very deep in the minor league level as well. Dickey is a guy that could and should net the Mets at least 2 guys that could fill those holes they have in the major league roster with young players in a trade.

Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast