Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

3 teams looking to meet with Mets on Dickey-Rubin post #918

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...mets-on-dickey
    The Mets have fielded calls from six or seven teams that want to meet to discuss a trade for R.A. Dickey, which should keep Mets people busy at the Winter Meetings that begin Monday in Nashville, Tenn.

The Mets and Dickey have been trying to work out a contract extension for two months, but it appears general manager Sandy Alderson has the go-ahead now to more seriously consider trade alternatives for the team's ace and 2012 National League Cy Young winner. The Mets reportedly increased their contract offer to Dickey recently, but it appears the trade meetings haven't been canceled to this point.

There have been trade talks starting about a month ago, but they may accelerate now, provided Dickey doesn't lower his demands soon. The Mets will seek a catcher and outfield help in any trade.

The Royals are one team to have shown interest, as was reported in this space a couple days ago. The Jays are a team that could match the Mets, as they have young outfielders (Anthony Gose) and a young catcher that may be expendable (J.P. Arencibia). Mets exec J.P. Riciardi, the former Jays GM, knows their system well. The Pirates, Dodgers, Angels, Rangers and Nationals are among teams in the market for a starting pitcher.

The Royals have a top outfield prospect, Wil Myers, but would prefer to trade a package of even younger prospects in a Dickey deal. While Dickey pitched better than almost anyone in 2012 and is under contract for 2013 at a cheap $5 million, he's 38 and relies on a hard knuckleball, so it's not easy to agree on his value. That could be the issue in salary talks, too.

The Mets and Dickey are believed to be talking about a two-year deal, but there is obviously a difference in the dollars. Dickey's unusual career -- he went from 10-year journeyman to solid starter in short order -- makes it hard to pinpoint his worth.

vCash
    If the Mets were to get Gose and Arencibia from the Jays, they also need to get a pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If the Mets were to get Gose and Arencibia from the Jays, they also need to get a pitcher.
    Gose, JPA and Sean Nolin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    I was thinking one of Sanchez or Sindergaard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I was thinking one of Sanchez or Sindergaard.
    I've been focused on Syndergaard too. Even though Sanchez is rated higher, I think he walks too many. A package of Gose, Arencibia and Syndergaard would get Dickey if I were GM. That said, if I couldn't pry either Syndergaard or Sanchez from AA, Sean Nolin is a very acceptable fall back position.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    I like JPA, not a fan of Gose, but Nolin is a nice overlooked prospect. I would love this deal. At some point next year or in 2014, our rotation would be Harvey, Niese, Wheeler, Nolin, and Gee. I'd miss RA, But I think it would be a very good deal for both teams.

vCash
    Let the competition begin. By the end we should be walking out with half a baseball team for Dickey. lol

vCash
    The Pirates, Rangers, Blue Jays, and Royals would be the teams i would be looking towards.

Plenty of minor league talent there.

I am really not that high on a deal with the centerpiece being Trumbo.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-01-2012 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Pirates, Rangers, Blue Jays, and Royals would be the teams i would be looking towards.

1. Royals: Myers (I wouldn't be too sure they won't trade him 1 for 1. That's exactly what they said about Wheeler.) or
    Cain, Odorizzi and Jorge Bonifacio

2. Jays: D'Arnaud, Kevin Pillar and Danny Barnes . . or if they won't part with D'Arnaud
    Arencibia, Gose and Syndergaard

3. Angels: Trumbo, Kole Calhoun, and Hank Conger

4. Twins: Aaron Hicks, Oswaldo Arcia and Kyle Gibson

5. Rangers: Leonys Martin, Cody Buckel, and Jorge Alfaro (but I don't think they're in the hunt for Dickey.)

6. Pirates: Alen Henson, Gregory Polanco and Kyle McPherson
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    1. Royals: Myers (I wouldn't be too sure they won't trade him 1 for 1. That's exactly what they said about Wheeler.) or
    Cain, Odorizzi and Jorge Bonifacio

2. Jays: D'Arnaud, Kevin Pillar and Danny Barnes . . or if they won't part with D'Arnaud
    Arencibia, Gose and Syndergaard

3. Angels: Trumbo, Kole Calhoun, and Hank Conger

4. Twins: Aaron Hicks, Oswaldo Arcia and Kyle Gibson

5. Rangers: Leonys Martin, Cody Buckel, and Jorge Alfaro (but I don't think they're in the hunt for Dickey.)

6. Pirates: Alen Henson, Gregory Polanco and Kyle McPherson
    I don't think the Twins are going to be in the running, i think they are looking to rebuild to some extent.

We saw it yesterday with Span for Meyer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I really can't see Anaheim parting with Trumbo for a soon to be 38 year old starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I really can't see Anaheim parting with Trumbo for a soon to be 38 year old starter.
    I really can't see the Mets caring.

vCash
    According to MLB rUMORS the Rangers want to talk about Dickey during the winters metting too. Not sure how there minor league system is but guess they are one of the 6 or 7 teams who want to talk nest week to the mets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mets View Post
    According to MLB rUMORS the Rangers want to talk about Dickey during the winters metting too.
    Rangers top prospect list from BA will be out on Wednesday. I might be doing some window shopping.

Leonys Martin, Jorge Alfaro, Wilmer Font?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Rangers top prospect list from BA will be out on Wednesday. I might be doing some window shopping.

Leonys Martin, Jorge Alfaro, Wilmer Font?
    I don't know if the Mets will trade for anyone so far away so I would scratch Alfaro even though he's a quality catching prospect.

Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast