Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Around how many wins do you expect out of the Knicks during this stretch?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 or 8 wins!

11 22.45%
  • 6 Wins!

24 48.98%
  • 5 Wins!

12 24.49%
  • 4-4 record

1 2.04%
  • Under .500 record

1 2.04%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    this is what I mean in a ny second things can change so quickly, let all hope Ray don't miss any time or one game at the most
    When is Kidd back?

It's Charlotte. We'll be ok as long as we have two pg's. Kidd and pablo can do it and jr picks up the scoring that Felton leaves behind.

As long as we're healthy (completely) for the Miami game...

Man, our backcourt will be deeeeep once Shumpert gets back. Felton, Kidd, Pablo, and Shumpert all could be point guards. Shumpert, Kidd, brewer, jr smith all shooting guards.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I'm with Anji, man you guys just don't learn do you????????

One game at a time.........last time this thread was made we had our worst part of the season.

It happens twice, I won't let it happen a third, bank on it lol
    so true!! ha ha ha ha

vCash
    I like these threads even though last time is jinxed us. The bottom line is, December is the last month we have before we get to full strength!!!! if we can finish December 12 games over 500 i think it will be a success.

I dont get overly concerned with the Teams we play in any given month because I feel we can beat any team in the league. What i concern myself with is the scheduling.

Charlotte has been playing good team basketball specifically on the defensive end. So we need to take it one game at a time and focus on beating the crap out of the Bobcats on wednesday night. To me, the charlotte game is a must win

Fatigue won't be an issue against the Heat on Thursday night imo. I think our players will get up for that game no matter what. I think Kidd misses the charlotte game and plays the Heat game giving us a spark of energy int hat game, helping us get the W. But it does put us at a disadvantage that we play them on their homecourt on the tail end of a back to back.

We then have a day to travel to Chicago and start another back to back. I think the Chicago and the denver game (even though its at home) will be our toughest 2 games of this stretch. This is where the fatigue will set in.

The team will get up for our 2nd outing in Brooklyn and i Fully expect us to win that next game in Brooklyn.

I am not concerned about LA. I mean they just lost to the Magic. So i think we'll beat them.

But again, this is our last month before we get back to full strength so we need to make sure we make this another 10+ win month putting us in great position to win the Atlantic.

vCash
    Do we just have a cake walk the second half of the season? So many tough road games in the beginning of this year. Melo should be very motivated in this stretch - George Karl, LeBron, and D'Antoni. Playing in Miami on the 2nd game of a road back to back is a tough task. For that matter why does the NBA do this - there is no need for so many road back to backs. The Spurs and Pop were right to do what they did - these schedules just make no sense.

vCash
    i say 7-1 is not so far off, but 6-2 is most likely
    We will not lose to brooklyn twice in a row!
    LA- to inconsistent to be an elite team chandler shuts down dwight
    bobcats-win
    chicago- even w/o d-rose still a good team so its questionable
    miami-questionable they wont make it easy for us to win 2 in a row against them
    nuggets- i say a win
    clevland a win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    This is how I break it down...

ELITE TEAMS: Miami, Lakers
    GOOD TEAMS: Chicago, Brooklyn, Denver
    Bad team (but with talent): Cleveland
    Bad teams (with little talent): Charlotte, Phoenix

I fully expect to win the Charlotte and Phoenix games. Those are beyond "winnable games". Those are the worst of the worst and have very little talent. No reason for a near elite team to lose to them. Cleveland has a chance to beat us since they actually have some talent, but again, we should beat this type of competition. Still, I predict we'll lose 1 out of these 3 games...the Cleveland game mostly, since they can come out shooting. Plus, its right after a tough stretch, meaning NY could be tired, gassed, or just on a losing streak.

Miami, Lakers, and Brooklyn will be tough games. Miami is Miami and they seem to be back on track after that shellacking we gave them. Lakers are starting to lose with Dantoni (HORRIBLE COACH). They should have kept the interim coach (who was 4-1 with them). But still, no denying that the Lakers are an exceptional team. Kobe is shooting so well and Dwight is Dwight. Brooklyn...the score was kept low. We gotta score on them. Simple as that. JJ seems to suck and Dwill is STILL shooting badly, but man, Lopez has been great against us and since Tyson isn't playing DPOY defense this year,....I predict we can lose 2 of these games.

Denver game is the puzzling one for us right now. Where that game goes, imo, is gonna show us how the Knicks might do during that half month. Denver game will be crucial in either getting the Knicks out of a slump or getting them back on track to face the last 3 games of the schedule.

I say we go 5-3 or 4-4.

Tough stretch for us. A lot of good teams. I see us losing AT LEAST 3 games, sorry. But I'm still hoping for a 7-1 or 6-2 stretch ...but 5-3/4-4 is more likely.

And no, I don't foresee a below .500 stretch. we're too good.
    Lakers aren't ELITE... 8-9 is far from elite... and i agree 5-3 is likely, but 4-4?
    GO NY GO NY GO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HYFR View Post
    I say 6-2 over that stretch is what we're looking at. With the only losses coming to Mia and chi.
    I agree with the 6-2 part (Including win over the suns yesterday) but I say miami and L.a. being the 2 losses.
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    I think people are being too optimistic y having us go 6-2. We have a chance at that but this stretch is difficult for 2 reasons (as knickerbockeral mentioned):

1- most of the teams are good to great
    2- a lot of back2backs and 1 day rests between those difficult games.

Because of those two factors, I just don't see us winning enough games. At the start of the season, we at least had some good breaks between the games. But for this stretch, too many games packed together

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    I think people are being too optimistic y having us go 6-2. We have a chance at that but this stretch is difficult for 2 reasons (as knickerbockeral mentioned):

Because of those two factors, I just don't see us winning enough games. At the start of the season, we at least had some good breaks between the games. But for this stretch, too many games packed together
    Bench play will be important. The question: Is Copeland for real?
    Last edited by Knick4Knack; 12-04-2012 at 06:14 AM.

vCash

I agree. I still think we can have a good record but its going to be extremely tough this upcoming week. We have 5 games in 7 days coming up. Thats taxing on the players, physically. Hope we can extend our rotation and keep our guys fresh.

Offense wins games. DEFENSE wins Championships!

vCash
    I say we lose 3 games or 4... It is only gonna get tougher from here on out

vCash
    It would be nice to put the Cats away early to rest the starters. We have to come out on a mission.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backstabber View Post
    It would be nice to put the Cats away early to rest the starters. We have to come out on a mission.
    cats haven't been playing terrible ball. They are not nearly as bad as they were last year. They already have equaled the number of wins they had last year and are sitting at 7-9. They have young players and not a ton of size and toughness so match up wise i think we should be able to handle them but we can't take them lightly or we'll be in a dog fight going into the 4th.

But yea, best case scenario is we rest our starters the entire 4th qtr. its going to be interesting how woody manages the minutes in this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY want to win that Miami game.
    That game is going to be a playoff game. I'm 100% sure the Heat are going to try and run us out of the building. Should be a true test of what this team is made of. Can't Wait!!
    IT'S SHOWTIME!!

vCash
    5-3

England's Number 1 Knick

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast