Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Around how many wins do you expect out of the Knicks during this stretch?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 or 8 wins!

11 22.45%
  • 6 Wins!

24 48.98%
  • 5 Wins!

12 24.49%
  • 4-4 record

1 2.04%
  • Under .500 record

1 2.04%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Schedule Outlook for December's 1st half!

Ok, so in November, we went 6-1 to start, while having a brutal schedule (only 1 "easy" game in that Orlando game) and then went 5-3 during a relatively easy schedule, with the hardest teams being the Bucks, Nets, and Dallas (we lost two of those). So, the Knicks are heading into December with an 11-4 record, tied for 2nd place in the East, and 0.5 games back of Miami, the #1 seed.

For the last thread, I prognosticated a 6-2 record for that half and said that the Knicks had a chance to go 5-3 or 7-1...and if **** hit the fan, 4-4 (meaning they'd have a good record anyway). Most voted 6-2 and 7-1. Very hard to do.

So,
    How do you think they'll do in the 1st half of December?
    Which are "winnable games", "must win games", and difficult games?

This is purely a discussion thread about what we all expect (as of the moment) against each match-up.

Sun, Dec 2 Phoenix Suns vs Phoenix WIN
    Wed, Dec 5 Charlotte Bobcats @ Charlotte WIN
    Thu, Dec 6 Miami Heat @ Miami WIN
    Sat, Dec 8 Chicago Bulls @ Chicago LOSS
    Sun, Dec 9 Denver Nuggets vs Denver WIN
    Tue, Dec 11 Brooklyn Nets @ Brooklyn WIN
    Thu, Dec 13 Los Angeles Lakers vs LA Lakers WIN
    Sat, Dec 15 Cleveland Cavaliers vs Cleveland
    Last edited by jimm120; 12-13-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash

Schedule Outlook for December's 1st half!

I say 6-2 over that stretch is what we're looking at. With the only losses coming to Mia and chi.

vCash
    Yeah, 6-2 is probably the optimistic pick. I can see 5-3 too.

My man Ike got a bad rap

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash

Ibtj

In Before The Jinx
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    i have no idea.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    This is how I break it down...

ELITE TEAMS: Miami, Lakers
    GOOD TEAMS: Chicago, Brooklyn, Denver
    Bad team (but with talent): Cleveland
    Bad teams (with little talent): Charlotte, Phoenix

I fully expect to win the Charlotte and Phoenix games. Those are beyond "winnable games". Those are the worst of the worst and have very little talent. No reason for a near elite team to lose to them. Cleveland has a chance to beat us since they actually have some talent, but again, we should beat this type of competition. Still, I predict we'll lose 1 out of these 3 games...the Cleveland game mostly, since they can come out shooting. Plus, its right after a tough stretch, meaning NY could be tired, gassed, or just on a losing streak.

Miami, Lakers, and Brooklyn will be tough games. Miami is Miami and they seem to be back on track after that shellacking we gave them. Lakers are starting to lose with Dantoni (HORRIBLE COACH). They should have kept the interim coach (who was 4-1 with them). But still, no denying that the Lakers are an exceptional team. Kobe is shooting so well and Dwight is Dwight. Brooklyn...the score was kept low. We gotta score on them. Simple as that. JJ seems to suck and Dwill is STILL shooting badly, but man, Lopez has been great against us and since Tyson isn't playing DPOY defense this year,....I predict we can lose 2 of these games.

Denver game is the puzzling one for us right now. Where that game goes, imo, is gonna show us how the Knicks might do during that half month. Denver game will be crucial in either getting the Knicks out of a slump or getting them back on track to face the last 3 games of the schedule.

I say we go 5-3 or 4-4.

Tough stretch for us. A lot of good teams. I see us losing AT LEAST 3 games, sorry. But I'm still hoping for a 7-1 or 6-2 stretch ...but 5-3/4-4 is more likely.

And no, I don't foresee a below .500 stretch. we're too good.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players

Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    I would like to beat LA and Brooklyn and not get blown out by the Heat. Just hope Stat returns by Christmas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    This is how I break it down...

ELITE TEAMS: Miami, Lakers
    GOOD TEAMS: Chicago, Brooklyn, Denver
    Bad team (but with talent): Cleveland
    Bad teams (with little talent): Charlotte, Phoenix

I fully expect to win the Charlotte and Phoenix games. Those are beyond "winnable games". Those are the worst of the worst and have very little talent. No reason for a near elite team to lose to them. Cleveland has a chance to beat us since they actually have some talent, but again, we should beat this type of competition. Still, I predict we'll lose 1 out of these 3 games...the Cleveland game mostly, since they can come out shooting. Plus, its right after a tough stretch, meaning NY could be tired, gassed, or just on a losing streak.

Miami, Lakers, and Brooklyn will be tough games. Miami is Miami and they seem to be back on track after that shellacking we gave them. Lakers are starting to lose with Dantoni (HORRIBLE COACH). They should have kept the interim coach (who was 4-1 with them). But still, no denying that the Lakers are an exceptional team. Kobe is shooting so well and Dwight is Dwight. Brooklyn...the score was kept low. We gotta score on them. Simple as that. JJ seems to suck and Dwill is STILL shooting badly, but man, Lopez has been great against us and since Tyson isn't playing DPOY defense this year,....I predict we can lose 2 of these games.

Denver game is the puzzling one for us right now. Where that game goes, imo, is gonna show us how the Knicks might do during that half month. Denver game will be crucial in either getting the Knicks out of a slump or getting them back on track to face the last 3 games of the schedule.

I say we go 5-3 or 4-4.

Tough stretch for us. A lot of good teams. I see us losing AT LEAST 3 games, sorry. But I'm still hoping for a 7-1 or 6-2 stretch ...but 5-3/4-4 is more likely.

And no, I don't foresee a below .500 stretch. we're too good.
    Little Talent????

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

vCash
    with denver and chicago not playing well, and the heat looking mortal since d-wade isn't playing great i would say that we win 6. No way we win all 8, let's be reasonable, we are too old and too melo centric to win at that clip. Still, I think we continue winning at a clip of about .750, which in 8 games equates to 6 wins. Over the season I expect us winning 55+ wins unless Stat ****s everything up which I don't think he will. Bring Stat off the bench at first, but then get him back in the starting lineup. Gives us more versatility. Really hope sheed gets benched when Stat comes back.

vCash
    Well, we get Kidd back, so that should be a boost. I say, 6-2.

My single game prediction: We are going to smash L.A. Flat as a Colorado pancake. Just sayin'. ;/

vCash
    December is rough this year. Second half is just as brutal:

vs Cavs
    vs Rockets
    vs Nets
    vs Bulls
    vs TWolves
    @ Lakers

@ Suns
    @ Kings

We do have a nice home stretch though. I think we will be fine. We take care of the next 2 and build ourselves a little cushion. Hopefully we get some help from MIA and OKC taking care of the Nets.

Quick eye test looks like we will get rewarded for our difficult early schedule around late Jan into Feb and March.

Could have done a better job over the last 8 with some winnable games we let go, but most of those games were on the road, and teams like Houston, Dallas, Nets are not easy games on the road.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-01-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    We can beat all these teams but won't. 6-2 is reasonable.
    Deal with it

vCash
    6-2 Sounds realistic, hopefully knicks can exceed our expectations? Might be toughie without Kidd, so hope he returns soon!

If you can't handle my worst, you ain't getting my best.
    #KnicksTape

vCash
    I wanna say 7-1 but I'll go with 6-2

vCash
    Think this stretch will be too difficult for a 6-2 stretch.

Yeah, we MIGHT go in hot into the difficult games, considering we've won 2 in a row (bucks/wizards) and then have two easy games (Phoenix and Bobcats) before going on that streak of good teams (Heat/Bulls/Nuggets/Nets/Lakers). If we can beat the suns and cats, then that 4 game win streak gives us a spark for these games. Still, It'll be difficult to play the Heat and then the Lakers at the end of that streak...meaning we have to use the Bulls/Nuggets/Nets to boost our record there.

I still think we'll go 5-3 and possibly even 4-4. Worst case scenario would be 3-5. Best case scenario would be 7-1 (a loss to the Lakers or Heat).

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast