Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paytonlives View Post
    Marmol is 30
    Walks everyone
    7 million a year

So the cubs get 2 years older but 2.5 million cheaper and a better pitcher...

How is this a bad thing?
    Try Marmol at 9.5 million in 2013
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    that link to cubs den is from 2011
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
    First post:

Lot's of familiar faces on here. Just stumbled on this site! Any idea what the Cubs are after in the Rule 5. I know they are picking 2nd.
    I think until we hear otherwise you have to assume we're taking Josh Fields.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    I think until we hear otherwise you have to assume we're taking Josh Fields.
    He just signed a minor league contract with the phillies a week and a half ago? If we had any intrest in him we could have signed him. Am i missing something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubRhetoric View Post
    He just signed a minor league contract with the phillies a week and a half ago? If we had any intrest in him we could have signed him. Am i missing something?
    Wrong Josh Fields.

Josh Fields, rhp, Red Sox: Fields, 27, has battled control throughout his career, but in 2012 he improved his delivery, regained his velocity (up to 97 mph) and sharpened his power curveball. His Triple-A experience and newfound success (78-to-18 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 2012) make him a likely selection.

vCash
    Different Player!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Ah ok thanks for clearing that up

vCash
    Great Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    that link to cubs den is from 2011
    well that would make it the wrong link...I just posted the 2012 one earlier let me go and find it.

vCash

!

Quote Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
    Great Thanks!
    This one is old I will find the new one and repost...sorry!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    This one is old I will find the new one and repost...sorry!
    Tease

vCash
    Ah ok thanks for clearing that up
    Yeah Josh Fields the pitcher really shouldn't be Rule V eligible. He's basically a guy like Beliveau or Cabrera. Ready to step into a major league bullpen right now, with a likely outcome of a quality setup man.

I expect the Astros to take one of the outfielders with a ceiling(I believe there's 3-4), and for us to take Fields.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    Yeah Josh Fields the pitcher really shouldn't be Rule V eligible. He's basically a guy like Beliveau or Cabrera. Ready to step into a major league bullpen right now, with a likely outcome of a quality setup man.

I expect the Astros to take one of the outfielders with a ceiling(I believe there's 3-4), and for us to take Fields.
    I could see us taking a long look at Conner Crumbliss (2b) as well, especially if we move Darwin Barney. He's right up there on the Theo/Hoyer mold. .257/.414/.391 line as an overage 25 at AA last year, but that's two years in a row he's put up .400 OBP's and his walk rate is absolutely ridiculous (120 walks in 120 games). Plays a reported "okay" defense as well.

He'd be certainly worth a flier if you think he can hit .250 in the majors, there's a real possibility he could put up a .350+ OBP making him fairly valuable.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I could see us taking a long look at Conner Crumbliss (2b) as well, especially if we move Darwin Barney. He's right up there on the Theo/Hoyer mold. .257/.414/.391 line as an overage 25 at AA last year, but that's two years in a row he's put up .400 OBP's and his walk rate is absolutely ridiculous (120 walks in 120 games). Plays a reported "okay" defense as well.

He'd be certainly worth a flier if you think he can hit .250 in the majors, there's a real possibility he could put up a .350+ OBP making him fairly valuable.
    Don't know much about him but he makes sense. I'm assuming they'll go pitching though and Fields is easily the highest probability guy out there IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

He can barely hit .250 in AA.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast