Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't see anything to complain about with that deal.

And I'm going to assume Marmol gets traded and this is one of those duel fronts situations.

vCash
    Great deal. The offseason is starting now. Dump Marmol, sign Mike Adams, hope Zych competes for a spot in the bullpen and you have a very nice looking back of the bullpen.

Zych
    Adams
    Fujikawa

vCash
    Can't complain about this deal money wise. I don't know a ton about him. I hope we have an actual bullpen this year and just throw crap against the wall. Hopefully we add at least one more arm to the pen.

vCash
    Wow, I had just read on Twitter like an hour ago "he's going to the Angels FOR SURE!"
    Well, it basically said that...

vCash
    Don't really like giving a multiyear deal to a Japanese reliever, but at 4 million per year it's hard to not like this

vCash
    I like this deal. Glad we got him and hopefully this leads to Marmol's exit

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    Don't really like giving a multiyear deal to a Japanese reliever, but at 4 million per year it's hard to not like this
    The vesting option is probably there as an injury safeguard, and the fallback is a club option. If he can pitch -- closer or otherwise -- then I've got no complaints.

vCash
    The deal is $4mil per season with $1mil signing bonus and then 3rd yr with $500K buyout or $5.5-$6mil

vCash
    What's the scouting report on this guy?

I know nothing about it, but if he has a decent arm then this feels like good value for a closer.

vCash
    Yeah, most said he was destined to be an Angel. For 4-5 mill, a minimal risk. More than likely can play up to, if not over, the contract.

vCash
    Bruce Miles playing it safe:

#Cubs still not confirming Fujikawa deal. Perhaps some resolution in a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    What's the scouting report on this guy?

I know nothing about it, but if he has a decent arm then this feels like good value for a closer.
    Keith Law:

My scouting report on Cubs signee Fujikawa is here for Insiders: klaw.me/UyUe6o - he's #30 on my FA rankings.

vCash
    David Kaplan:

Signing of Fujikawa not done to flip him. They like skill set + are trying to upgrade pitching staff. More moves coming.

vCash
    Just found some YouTube videos of him. He looks like he's got some pretty good stuff. I like this deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    Bruce Miles playing it safe:

Keith Law:
    I don't have insider.

vCash
    The closer for the Hanshin Tigers is a true free agent now at age 32 after a successful 12-year NPB career that saw him strike out one out of every three batters he faced.

He's not as dominant as he used to be and pitches with a solid-average fastball and a good splitter that is occasionally plus, showing more of a steady drop than the abrupt tumble of a really good splitter. He also missed some time in 2012 with an adductor strain, and hasn't thrown 70 innings in a season since 2007.

He has potential as a setup man but I don't think he's an elite reliever unless that splitter gets sharper or more consistent.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast