Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 143
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,403
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    *drool* An above-average bullpen would be like an 8-win improvement over last year's.
    Feel free to let Kaplan know how doable that is regardless of the inherited catastrophe.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,212
    vCash
    1500
    Kaplan doesn't listen to me on Twitter because I may have called him a race-baiting idiot or something along those lines.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,632
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    Feel free to let Kaplan know how doable that is regardless of the inherited catastrophe.
    What did you hear exactly on Grilli? Any more details you could give...
    Down in this vagina mine.



  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    476
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Kaplan doesn't listen to me on Twitter because I may have called him a race-baiting idiot or something along those lines.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13,700
    vCash
    1500
    Don't really like this deal for a club that won't need a closer. $4 million is a lot of money for a 32 year old guy who you are not sure how he is going to react to major league hitters. Reminds me of Shingo Takatsu.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13,700
    vCash
    1500
    Shingo was good for a year then was figured out and hit hard.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,632
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Don't really like this deal for a club that won't need a closer. $4 million is a lot of money for a 32 year old guy who you are not sure how he is going to react to major league hitters. Reminds me of Shingo Takatsu.
    It allows us to trade Marmol for another asset. And if he can't perform? Not really a big deal. We have the money to spend now.
    Really can't see why anyone wouldn't like this deal.

    EDIT: Takatsu was also a few years older when he signed.
    Last edited by TooL D/R/T; 12-01-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Down in this vagina mine.



  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    North Suburbs Of Chicago
    Posts
    7,896
    vCash
    1500
    Cubs are being mum I think they don't have to announce it right away and with the draft coming up if you add him the roster now stands at 38 I believe.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    8,356
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Cubs are being mum I think they don't have to announce it right away and with the draft coming up if you add him the roster now stands at 38 I believe.
    ???


    ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,632
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    ???
    Rule 5.
    Down in this vagina mine.



  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,128
    vCash
    1500
    I watched several youtube videos of him. He seems like a slightly younger Shawn Camp. He was topping out at 92 mph - as a 26 yr. old... So, he's not exactly a power arm.


    "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

    - Romans 8:25

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,051
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I watched several youtube videos of him. He seems like a slightly younger Shawn Camp. He was topping out at 92 mph - as a 26 yr. old... So, he's not exactly a power arm.
    Who are you talking about? The youtube videos of Fujikawa have him at about 94
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,128
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Who are you talking about? The youtube videos of Fujikawa have him at about 94
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhN5b-Yqt_U

    147-148 km = 91.3 - 91.9 mph. The Japanese tend to run their guns hot. I tend to favor the videos that show the lower end of the spectrum. Remember when Japanese guns had Darvish at 98? lol...
    Last edited by Crusader; 12-01-2012 at 08:03 PM.


    "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

    - Romans 8:25

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    38,078
    vCash
    1500
    I like this. Pretty cheap, especially on this relievers market.

    I'm into this.
    #ClutchTime

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,051
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhN5b-Yqt_U

    147-148 km = 91.3 - 91.9 mph. The Japanese tend to run their guns hot. I tend to favor the videos that show the lower end of the spectrum. Remember when Japanese guns had Darvish at 98? lol...
    This seems to be more recent and has him throwing harder. That video you posted was uploaded in 2006. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvoBiJXaYk
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •