Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Mike you are clueless when it comes to the game.

This type of team who is incapable of landing a superstar NEEDS a pure point guard to run the team. Were not the Lakers, or Okc or Heat where you don't need one cause they have other players that make up for it.

Thats why we won a championship in 04 w/ billups.

Mike sits up their and doesn't call me a true piston fan ... Don't ever diss on Billups when he lead our team to a title. A true fan will always acknowledge that
    lol you're probably gonna tear me up for this but I can't believe you just called Billups a pure pg.

vCash
    From Shyfly:
    No he did not "learn". He was always a true point guard. He just only got an opportunity to show what he has when he came to the Pistons. What did Tmac do in toronto before he went to Orlando? Nothing, he always had the skills but only had the chance to show it in Orlando. Lemme guess, he just "learned it" in orlando right?
    Don't ever say Billups learned it, he always had it. I bet you never watched a game of Billups before he came to Detroit

And all I'm saying is all you guys said the exact same crap when stuckey was at point. All you guys said give him another year or a better coach or better players. He got all that and is still and will always be a crap point guard in this league.

I said from day one he isnt' a point gaurd and I was right. I'm saying Knight isn't one, and I will be right once again. He is scoring point gaurd. thats it!

SD
    First off, off you do realize most of what you type is your "opinion", or "best educated guess", not fact(which is a grey area). Numbers are facts, even ESPN analysts are giving their "best educated guess".

By learning, I mean adjusting to the speed of the NBA, your coaches style of play, figuring out what your true position is. It can differ a bit between 19yrs old and 26yrs old, I am sure that when Knight was in his freshman season(18-19 yrs old), he wasn't quite sure what type of backcourt player he would become.

You said Knight wasn't a PG, but said his is a scoring PG. I will take it, if he can cut down on the turnovers, lead the team a bit more. 13/5/3.5 isn't too shabby for a really young player(80+ games).

I understand that you don't think Knight will be a good Pg, and is too small as a SG. I just don't agree with your early judgement of Knight. I would say the same about Drummond or Monroe. Really any player under 24(there are always exceptions).
    Last edited by sdsportsfan; 12-02-2012 at 11:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Billups was one of the best floor generals Ive seen but thereis not many other points besides a select few that run a offense like that and we won that championship once we got Rasheed who was a star player.
    Grevis vasquez is a pure point guard. People diss on calderon cause of his defense but he is a pure point guard. I wanted calderon to be our backup point guard cause I know Joe D is dead set on signing Knight for the next 15 years.

There are guys, that if put in the right position, will thrive at the point

When we traded Billups, have you ever seen such a drop off on a team like that ever? We went from almost making the finals every year to a lottery team. If we traded sheed instead, we would've still been competitive.
    Last edited by shyfly24; 12-02-2012 at 11:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    lol you're probably gonna tear me up for this but I can't believe you just called Billups a pure pg.
    You were probably to old to remember billups 10 years ago. Its' okay, old age does that to you, you become delirious, start thinking like mike.

I'll forgive and forget.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    From Shyfly:
    No he did not "learn". He was always a true point guard. He just only got an opportunity to show what he has when he came to the Pistons. What did Tmac do in toronto before he went to Orlando? Nothing, he always had the skills but only had the chance to show it in Orlando. Lemme guess, he just "learned it" in orlando right?
    Don't ever say Billups learned it, he always had it. I bet you never watched a game of Billups before he came to Detroit

And all I'm saying is all you guys said the exact same crap when stuckey was at point. All you guys said give him another year or a better coach or better players. He got all that and is still and will always be a crap point guard in this league.

I said from day one he isnt' a point gaurd and I was right. I'm saying Knight isn't one, and I will be right once again. He is scoring point gaurd. thats it!

SD
    First off, off you do realize most of what you type is your "opinion", or "best educated guess", not fact(which is a grey area). Numbers are facts, even ESPN analysts are giving their "best educated guess".

By learning, I mean adjusting to the speed of the NBA, your coaches style of play, figuring out what your true position is. It can differ a bit between 19yrs old and 26yrs old, I am sure that when Knight was in his freshman season(18-19 yrs old), he wasn't quite sure what type of backcourt player he would become.

You said Knight wasn't a PG, but said his is a scoring PG. I will take it, if he can cut down on the turnovers, lead the team a bit more. 13/5/3.5 isn't too shabby for a really young player(80+ games).

I understand that you don't think Knight will be a good Pg, and is too small as a SG. I just don't agree with your early judgement of Knight. I would say the same about Drummond or Monroe. Really any player under 24(there are always exceptions).
    Exact same stuff was said about stuckey. And where is he now? its his 6th year and were still trying to figure out what the freak he is.

Again, you don't learn court vision.

vCash
    Grevis vasquez is a pure point guard. People diss on calderon cause of his defense but he is a pure point guard. I wanted calderon to be our backup point guard cause I know Joe D is dead set on signing Knight for the next 15 years.

There are guys, that if put in the right position, will thrive at the point position.

When we traded Billups, have you ever seen such a drop off on a team like that ever? We went from almost making the finals every year to a lottery team. If we traded sheed instead, we would've still been competitive.
    That was also a team that bought into the halfcourt offense and as a team had a identity and Billups also was growing with Rip who was a PGs assist dream.Knight is playing in a mixed up lineup with no identity and really has nobody like Billups had.Knight may not work out and i see your worries but I still think we need to give him more time because he has potential.

vCash
    Pistons ranked 18th offensively in 04. That team won because their defense. Easily one of the greatest defenses of all-time. Big Ben anchored that D, he deserves just as much credit for the championship as Billups does.

vCash

There are guys, that if put in the right position, will thrive at the point

I agree, I would like a backcourt of Knight/Calderon/English/Stuckey or ?. Not sure Stuck would even be in the rotation with that lineup.

vCash
    Knight has Singler. He is a shooter just like rip. And can knock down the 3 consistently unlike hamilton.

When Knight drives, he is dead set on laying the ball in. He doesn't look to pass esp when the help side defender comes after him. He will not pass down low to a open Monroe, which is why we need a true point for him. Reminds me of stuckey, but the difference is he can actually finish around the rim.

vCash
    Stop comparing knight to stuckey knight is a better shooter defender quicker & just a better overall player. Knight is avg 3.3 t.o in 18gms still got 64 more games to go & billups worst t.o was 2.6 but in every other category knights numbers are better. Knights numbers compared to billups rookie numbers are all in knights favor as well. I'm a make a thread billups vs knight so u & all others can stop writing players off so quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24:24554554
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    Wtf do u mean he didn't learn??? Well explain how all those other teams didn't see what you are saying??? Now let's talk about your facts you said u started watching him in Minnesota but he played in Boston (who drafted him in '97) & billups didn't average 5+ apg until '01 so 4yrs & u giving up on knight in his 1st full yr in the NBA???
    wow dude. Read my post again and understand it before you post.

Did Toronto see Tmac become a superstar in orlando? Did that idiot Joe D see Afflalo become a solid player in this league?

You don't learn court vision, its ingrained in you.

again, stop going by stats. Billups played on 5 teams in 7 years. 5 diff teams, diff coaches, diff systems, diff players and was not utilized to his full potential.

Explain why our team was top 10 in assists in billups last year w/ us and then the very next year when stuckey took over we were second to last? Explain? He had the same team after Iverson left as Billups.

And also keep in mind Knight has progressively gotten worse at the point position. Check his assist to turnover ratio the last 8 games or so
    Billups NEVER averaged the kind of turnovers that Knight does. He takes care of the ball which is key to being a pure point

vCash
    Lol Gators trying to chime in on the debate w/o actually trying to quote me. It's okay, you'll still be a liar either way

Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    I agree, I would like a backcourt of Knight/Calderon/English/Stuckey or ?. Not sure Stuck would even be in the rotation with that lineup.
    stuckey will always be apart of the rotation if Joe D's bloated colon is on that million dollar chair

vCash
    You were probably to old to remember billups 10 years ago. Its' okay, old age does that to you, you become delirious, start thinking like mike.

I'll forgive and forget.

Exact same stuff was said about stuckey. And where is he now? its his 6th year and were still trying to figure out what the freak he is.

Again, you don't learn court vision.
    Again, I disagree. Not just for the sake of "debating". I think that players(most) gain more experience, therefore, gain more "court vision", among other skills. Some players just never grasp the entire game, they are just good at what they do. Other players that don't have the "natural gift", can get better through learning, adjusting, etc. Again, just my "opinion" or "best educated guess".

vCash
    I agree & let's not forget how he shutdown the elite pg lillard...
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan:24553933
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    People seem to be forgetting how young Knight is still,not every PG comes in like Irving,Paul,etc.Theres a whole other class of really good young PGs in the league right now that needed 3 to 4 years to really understand the tempo of the game.Knight is falling right into category 2 hes on pace with guys like Lawson,Holiday,Teague.
    I agree, I thought of those players, J Jack as well. I would be happy with a player that rivals Billups or Lawson after next season(would like a superstar,).

vCash
    Stop comparing knight to stuckey knight is a better shooter defender quicker & just a better overall player. Knight is avg 3.3 t.o in 18gms still got 64 more games to go & billups worst t.o was 2.6 but in every other category knights numbers are better. Knights numbers compared to billups rookie numbers are all in knights favor as well. I'm a make a thread billups vs knight so u & all others can stop writing players off so quickly.
    Mike please man. Have your little brother write your posts for you. I want to be able to understand what I'm reading

And Knight is not a better defender then stuckey and that isn't saying much. Please tell me how you came to that conclusion?

I'm not understanding how your not understanding what I'm saying. Remember how you compared Nash numbers to Knight in nash's rookie year? Even though Nash only played 10 min his rookie year backing up kidd
    This is that argument all over again

vCash

I'll forgive and forget.
    lol what? That doesn't even make sense.

vCash
    I agree & let's not forget how he shutdown the elite pg lillard...
    lmao elite? Oh but he only played 17 games in his career, its to early to tell

I guess aj price is an elite defender, or jason terry cause they both shut down the hall of famer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast