Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    lol what? That doesn't even make sense.
    It was a old guy joke. You would get it if you weren't so old.

vCash
    Guysir u beat me to it, billups was def not a pure pg. Did u forget we almost had our whole starting lineup in the allstar game. But just u saying billups was a pure pg & not a scoring pg let's everybody know u don't have a clue about basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir:24554937
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24 View Post
    Mike you are clueless when it comes to the game.

This type of team who is incapable of landing a superstar NEEDS a pure point guard to run the team. Were not the Lakers, or Okc or Heat where you don't need one cause they have other players that make up for it.

Thats why we won a championship in 04 w/ billups.

Mike sits up their and doesn't call me a true piston fan ... Don't ever diss on Billups when he lead our team to a title. A true fan will always acknowledge that
    lol you're probably gonna tear me up for this but I can't believe you just called Billups a pure pg.

vCash
    It was a old guy joke. You would get it if you weren't so old.
    But being old is what allows someone to remember things from the past, how can a young person use that to his advantage lol, I think you whiffed on this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    Guysir u beat me to it, billups was def not a pure pg. Did u forget we almost had our whole starting lineup in the allstar game. But just u saying billups was a pure pg & not a scoring pg let's everybody know u don't have a clue about basketball.
    lol I don't know why, but I just laugh. Cause he starts out 85% of his posts w/ statements like this

And I never said Billups wasn't a scoring pg, but he made everyone better around him. You don't need a high assist number to tell you your a pure point guard.

And you still haven't answer my question, as usual ... why were we top 10 in assists w/ Billups in his last year w/ us and went to 2nd to last the year after when the only replacement to that team was stuckey, after iverson left?

vCash
    Gators I see we just have to post stats in here so this dude can stop lying. Like u said we won because of defense & great players like big Ben Wallace Hamilton & Tay not because billups was a pure pg like Shyfly said he was...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123:24555452
    Pistons ranked 18th offensively in 04. That team won because their defense. Easily one of the greatest defenses of all-time. Big Ben anchored that D, he deserves just as much credit for the championship as Billups does.

vCash
    When Knight drives, he is dead set on laying the ball in. He doesn't look to pass esp when the help side defender comes after him. He will not pass down low....
    You're a clown.

The majority of Knight's assists come when he is driving to the basket.

According to 82games.com, through 11/21 (new data will be up in a few days) - 55% of Brandon Knight's assists led to inside shots and dunks.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12DET2.HTM

This type of assist to shot conversion is indicative of a player who frequently drives to the basket and creates easy opportunities for his teammates. In fact, one could argue that a flaw of Knight is that he doesn't find three point shooters enough since he so frequently is driving to the basket. However, with the lineup changes, I would assume he assists leading to three pointers will have increased a bit since 11/21.

So to assert the Knight is a bad point guard becuase he doesn't pass when he drives, and he doesn't put the ball down low to his teammates. Is absurd.

I have to ask... Do you even watch the games?

vCash
    Wow now Singler is like rip are u smoking crack & shooting up heroin??? The only players like rip was reggie miller & ray Allen. Singler is a good player but he still isn't a sg . But saying dumb stuff like that just proves u don't know your basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24:24555574
    Knight has Singler. He is a shooter just like rip. And can knock down the 3 consistently unlike hamilton.

When Knight drives, he is dead set on laying the ball in. He doesn't look to pass esp when the help side defender comes after him. He will not pass down low to a open Monroe, which is why we need a true point for him. Reminds me of stuckey, but the difference is he can actually finish around the rim.

vCash
    But being old is what allows someone to remember things from the past, how can a young person use that to his advantage lol, I think you whiffed on this one.
    Being old also comes w/ loss of memory and if you don't remember Billups being the floor general, that point guard, then that must be the case for you

I surely thought the word whiffed expired back in the day

vCash
    Being old also comes w/ loss of memory and if you don't remember Billups being the floor general, that point guard, then that must be the case for you

I surely thought the word whiffed expired back in the day
    lol I think your basketball knowledge expired back in the day

vCash
    Knight is averaging his stats with less talent, Not to mention he doesn't even get to play with Drummond but instead he has to play with pumpfaking Tay & Jason hands of steel maxiell. So 6 apg is a blessing with this team, wtf did I diss billups I'm a fan of his , I compared his stats with knight cuz teams wrote him off just like u are doing knight even when knight has better numbers so I'M confused...
    Quote Originally Posted by shyfly24:24555274
    lol you're probably gonna tear me up for this but I can't believe you just called Billups a pure pg.
    You were probably to old to remember billups 10 years ago. Its' okay, old age does that to you, you become delirious, start thinking like mike.

I'll forgive and forget.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsportsfan View Post
    From Shyfly:
    No he did not "learn". He was always a true point guard. He just only got an opportunity to show what he has when he came to the Pistons. What did Tmac do in toronto before he went to Orlando? Nothing, he always had the skills but only had the chance to show it in Orlando. Lemme guess, he just "learned it" in orlando right?
    Don't ever say Billups learned it, he always had it. I bet you never watched a game of Billups before he came to Detroit

And all I'm saying is all you guys said the exact same crap when stuckey was at point. All you guys said give him another year or a better coach or better players. He got all that and is still and will always be a crap point guard in this league.

I said from day one he isnt' a point gaurd and I was right. I'm saying Knight isn't one, and I will be right once again. He is scoring point gaurd. thats it!

SD
    First off, off you do realize most of what you type is your "opinion", or "best educated guess", not fact(which is a grey area). Numbers are facts, even ESPN analysts are giving their "best educated guess".

By learning, I mean adjusting to the speed of the NBA, your coaches style of play, figuring out what your true position is. It can differ a bit between 19yrs old and 26yrs old, I am sure that when Knight was in his freshman season(18-19 yrs old), he wasn't quite sure what type of backcourt player he would become.

You said Knight wasn't a PG, but said his is a scoring PG. I will take it, if he can cut down on the turnovers, lead the team a bit more. 13/5/3.5 isn't too shabby for a really young player(80+ games).

I understand that you don't think Knight will be a good Pg, and is too small as a SG. I just don't agree with your early judgement of Knight. I would say the same about Drummond or Monroe. Really any player under 24(there are always exceptions).
    Exact same stuff was said about stuckey. And where is he now? its his 6th year and were still trying to figure out what the freak he is.

Again, you don't learn court vision.
    Last edited by mike 810; 12-03-2012 at 01:21 AM.

vCash
    lol mike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahaTRUTH View Post
    You're a clown.

According to 82games.com, through 11/21 (new data will be up in a few days) - 55% of Brandon Knight's assists led to inside shots and dunks.

This type of assist to shot conversion is indicative of a player who frequently drives to the basket and creates easy opportunities for his teammates. In fact, one could argue that a flaw of Knight is that he doesn't find three point shooters enough since he so frequently is driving to the basket. However, with the lineup changes, I would assume he assists leading to three pointers will have increased a bit since 11/21.

So to assert the Knight is a bad point guard becuase he doesn't pass when he drives, and he doesn't put the ball down low to his teammates. Is absurd.

Who the freak are you. Are you Gators significant other? I don't look at crap stats like that. Cause those same stats portrayed stuckey has a hall of famer back when he was a point guard. Bring up stuckeys point guard numbers 3 years ago and see how "amazing" those were.

I have seen Knight find more open 3 point shooters then he does people in the paint.

Maybe you don't understand misleading stats as well eh? How many times have we gotten blown out? and how many times have we blown out teams? If you actually watch the games you'll see a lot of knights "assists" come in during garbage time. Oh but no, we won't look at that.
    There was a reason why stuckeys advanced stats looked good.

A leading metric for a point guard's ability to run a five man offense is "assist percentage". This number reflects the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on on the floor. Knight assisted 20.8% of his teammate's field goals in 2011-12, which is one of the lowest assist rates for a rookie point guard in recent NBA history. In this century, Knight ranks 122nd in assist percentage amongst rookie guards.

Some people point to the fact that Knight didn't have a summer league or a preseason to get to know his teammates or his coach's system. Neither did Kyrie Irving (36.5% AST), Ricky Rubio (37.4% AST) or Isaiah Thomas (25.6% AST). Others suggest that Knight's assist rate was low because his team shot poorly. Kyrie Irving's Cavaliers, Ricky Rubio's Timberwolves and Isaiah Thomas's Kings all shot worse than Detroit last year.

At some point, we need to set aside the excuses and look at the truth: Brandon Knight was a really, really bad point guard last season.
    Last edited by shyfly24; 12-03-2012 at 01:25 AM.

13. 12-03-2012, 01:19 AM
    Reason
    insulting/offtopic/baiting/trolling

vCash
    I'm glad some people actually watch the game, u have to 4give this kid he doesn't know **** lol....
    You're a clown.

15. 12-03-2012, 01:25 AM
    Reason

16. 12-03-2012, 01:26 AM
    Reason

17. 12-03-2012, 01:27 AM
    Reason

18. 12-03-2012, 01:28 AM
    Reason

19. 12-03-2012, 01:30 AM
    Reason

20. 12-03-2012, 01:30 AM
    Reason

21. 12-03-2012, 01:31 AM
    Reason

22. 12-03-2012, 01:32 AM
    Reason

23. 12-03-2012, 01:34 AM
    Reason

24. 12-03-2012, 01:34 AM
    Reason

25. 12-03-2012, 01:35 AM
    Reason

26. 12-03-2012, 01:35 AM
    Reason

27. 12-03-2012, 01:37 AM
    Reason

vCash
    You're a clown.

Who the freak are you. Are you Gators significant other? I don't look at crap stats like that. Cause those same stats portrayed stuckey has a hall of famer back when he was a point guard. Bring up stuckeys point guard numbers 3 years ago and see how "amazing" those were.

I have seen Knight find more open 3 point shooters then he does people in the paint.

Maybe you don't understand misleading stats as well eh? How many times have we gotten blown out? and how many times have we blown out teams? If you actually watch the games you'll see a lot of knights "assists" come in during garbage time. Oh but no, we won't look at that.
    There was a reason why stuckeys advanced stats looked good.

A leading metric for a point guard's ability to run a five man offense is "assist percentage". This number reflects the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on on the floor. Knight assisted 20.8% of his teammate's field goals in 2011-12, which is one of the lowest assist rates for a rookie point guard in recent NBA history. In this century, Knight ranks 122nd in assist percentage amongst rookie guards.

Some people point to the fact that Knight didn't have a summer league or a preseason to get to know his teammates or his coach's system. Neither did Kyrie Irving (36.5% AST), Ricky Rubio (37.4% AST) or Isaiah Thomas (25.6% AST). Others suggest that Knight's assist rate was low because his team shot poorly. Kyrie Irving's Cavaliers, Ricky Rubio's Timberwolves and Isaiah Thomas's Kings all shot worse than Detroit last year.

At some point, we need to set aside the excuses and look at the truth: Brandon Knight was a really, really bad point guard last season.

29. 12-03-2012, 01:39 AM
    Reason

vCash
    Hey blaha truth you wanna reply to this ^ so i can go to bed for work tomorrow ...

You don't come in here in the middle of a debate and post your crap like that and then just dissapear after I respond back.

31. 12-03-2012, 01:39 AM
    Reason

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast