Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We have two MLB starting OFers, and that's being a little generous to DeJesus. The ideal number is three. Moving Soriano takes us further away. I'm fine if there's a wider plan to fill the OF, but in a vacuum I don't see the point.

vCash
    I want no part of Niemann for Soriano, but Cobb would be about as good as we could hope for. That said, I'd love to get Brown because of our lack of OF talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    We have two MLB starting OFers, and that's being a little generous to DeJesus. The ideal number is three. Moving Soriano takes us further away. I'm fine if there's a wider plan to fill the OF, but in a vacuum I don't see the point.
    Well we would be selling high, which would be a welcome change.

vCash
    I wonder if the Cubs will be looking into one of their old draft picks
    Kyle Stroup in the rule 5 draft. He looks like he could be a nice pick up and has upside starter potential.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I think that if we move Soriano we need to get an OF'er back. Dom Brown makes a lot of sense. I don't really want to add Niemann, we've already added two of his types in Baker and Feldman. If we go after another starter I'd rather it be someone with more upside.

Worst case scenario, we trot Soriano out there and take his production. He's only got two more years left.

vCash
    if we move sori i think that opens the door to go after hamilton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    if we move sori i think that opens the door to go after hamilton
    doubtful...I don't see us signing any of the free agent OFs but I think we will trade for one.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    if the market for him is thin enough i would love a ~4/100. i doubt it too. but hamilton coupled with a choo choo trade +any 3b makes the lineup very respectable.
    makes more sense than bourn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    if the market for him is thin enough i would love a ~4/100. i doubt it too. but hamilton coupled with a choo choo trade +any 3b makes the lineup very respectable.
    makes more sense than bourn.
    Ohhh hell yeah.

vCash
    I wouldn't be upset if we kept him. He's not blocking anyone at this time.

vCash
    Still upset The Cubs drafted Hamilton in Rule 5 and traded him away. Knew that was a big mistake at the time unfortunately.

vCash
    No reason to trade Soriano for more of the back of the rotation types. Makes 0 sense. We have plenty of them and can buy more for relatively cheap. It has to be a OF or 3B. The only way it is a SP is if it is someone who they may see if vastly underperforming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    Still upset The Cubs drafted Hamilton in Rule 5 and traded him away. Knew that was a big mistake at the time unfortunately.
    That's not really how that went down.

vCash
    Some people will just never understand..........

vCash

And...here...we...go...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast