Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    I'll probably heave if give up anything of value for Ubaldo. I can't see why this FO would even attempt him. Rather remove him and try for Chisenhall.
    They cleared the way to play Chisenhall at 3rd next season. There is no one blocking him now.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    he has a full no trade clause. so we can't do **** without his permission. how many years and money do we owe him
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbybear2290 View Post
    not to sound naive or uninformed, but what is this proposed "rumor" of Choo/Masterson coming to the Cubs I haven't seen what everyones talking about, maybe I'm just missing it.
    I believe Marlin or ABTY said we were in deep talks with the indians on a deal. And it's been speculated that Choo is available. Might just be us after Ubaldo in which case I'll hurt my body.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    They cleared the way to play Chisenhall at 3rd next season. There is no one blocking him now.
    You mean the indians or, the cubs by non-tendering Stewart? Sorry, really don't know anything about cleveland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek View Post
    he has a full no trade clause. so we can't do **** without his permission. how many years and money do we owe him
    I think he has a chance of accepting if we really sell him on the fact that he's going to a contender. If we can't move him this off-season it will surely suck as this is probably his peak value.

EDIT: Sorry for the triple post my friends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    You mean the indians or, the cubs by non-tendering Stewart? Sorry, really don't know anything about cleveland.
    Indians...he should be the opening day 3rd basemen.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I am sure they have talked to him in advance of the meetings...these guys are not idiots IMM. We owe him 2 years 38 million.

vCash
    Indians...he should be the opening day 3rd basemen.
    Well, that sucks.

Fine: Choo/Masterson/Perez will do! Just NO Ubaldo.

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    I am sure they have talked to him in advance of the meetings...these guys are not idiots IMM. We owe him 2 years 38 million.
    i don't want to eat more than 15 mil. chances are we won't get decent returns so no point paying someone else to watch him hit HR's
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    i don't want to eat more than 15 mil. chances are we won't get decent returns so no point paying someone else to watch him hit HR's
    I don't think we're gonna deal him unless the return is good. If it is I'll eat all of it; we need assets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    it said they wouldn't eat it unless they got a good return. I don't understand your post.
    whoops. I misread the post.

vCash
    http://www.draysbay.com/2012/11/30/3...?ref=fangraphs

Gato's been sending him to TB in most of his mocks, it'd be awesome if the returns turned out to be accurate.

vCash
    Something about a Soriano trade to TB reeks of an Alex Cobb return, which i'd be ecstatic with.

vCash
    Alex Cobb is so incredibly mediocre. I'm sure we could find a short, non-power RH without trading one of the team's few productive offensive players. In fact, I think/hope they filled their non-power/no dominant pitch RHSP with Feldman and Baker. Future #4 starter for me, so I don't get how his bandwagon's so full lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan87 View Post
    I dont think his value will be that bad considering we will have to pay most of the contract. We should get a decent return.

Hopefully one of Atlanta, Philly, Cincy, SF, NYY, Tampa, Baltimore, Oak will give up something good.
    And which of these teams will he waive his NTC for? NYY, Tampa, Atlanta, and maybe Philly imo. Already turned down Baltimore and SF last year. Can't see Oakland going after Soriano.

Tampa makes by far the most sense overall. If they can really get Niemann for Soriano and make the money work, it could be best case scenario as far as straight up. It would be to my druthers to send him to Philly with a 1-2 other pieces for Dom Brown, if this Phils have given up on him, he'd be imo the best return.
    Last edited by Assman22; 12-02-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast