Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What Were Some Of The Most Unrealistic Teams Ever Assembled In Sports Games?

You know how in video games like Madden; NBA 2k, MLB the Show, etc you can stockpile on highly touted prospects or stars, so let's list some of them.

Pirates Franchise In MLB 12
    Andrew Mccutchen; Manny Machado, Francisco Lindor, Evan Longoria, Elvus Andrus, Tailison, Cole, Smyly, Pedro Alvarez

Mets Franchise in MLB 12
    1B - Ike Davis; 2B - Daniel Murphy, 3B - Lawrie, Outfielders - Jorge Soler; Trout, Michael Choice, and Gary Brown.
    Rotation: Derek Holland, Jon Niese, Henderson Avarez, Matt Harvey, Zach Wheeler

Pistons in 2k11
    I was able to constantly get top 5 picks through trades, and my team was a perennial championship contender.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    You know how in video games like Madden; NBA 2k, MLB the Show, etc you can stockpile on highly touted prospects or stars, so let's list some of them.

Pirates Franchise In MLB 12
    Andrew Mccutchen; Manny Machado, Francisco Lindor, Evan Longoria, Elvus Andrus, Tailison, Cole, Smyly, Pedro Alvarez

Mets Franchise in MLB 12
    1B - Ike Davis; 2B - Daniel Murphy, 3B - Lawrie, Outfielders - Jorge Soler; Trout, Michael Choice, and Gary Brown.
    Rotation: Derek Holland, Jon Niese, Henderson Avarez, Matt Harvey, Zach Wheeler

Pistons in 2k11
    I was able to constantly get top 5 picks through trades, and my team was a perennial championship contender.
    I did the same in NBA 2ksomething.

So easy to do that in MLB the show. Comp doesn't value specs at all. One team I had was similar traded for every top spec ALMOST

vCash
    Lol I do this daily. Today I on NBA2k13 I was the Bulls

Derrick Rose
    James Harden
    Rudy Gay
    Kenneth Faried
    Roy Hibbert

??? That was with the best bench in the lague too. WE won 4 finals in a row and I went 66-16. My chemistry was 100% within a week. Rose was a 3x MVP and a 3x finals MVP and Harden was a 1x MVP and was also a Finals MVP. My starting 5 started the All Star game 3 years in a row.

vCash
    NHL 12:

Stamkos-Crosby-Hall

Ovechkin-Seguin-Kane

Kabanov-NugentHopkins-Filatov

Parros-Carcillo-Emmerson

Carey Price

That roster took quite some time to get assembled. Really hate the new trading/potential system in 13

vCash
    I was the Magic one time when I was playing the Association mode in NBA 2k13 and I was able to sign Dwight Howard as a Free Agent in the 2013 offseason, I thought that was very unrealistic.
    PSN: Celtics1080 | Twitter: @BostonRoundball

vCash
    In MLB featuring Ken Griffey Junior my lineups usually ended up looking like:
    C-Mike Piazza
    1b- Frank thomas
    2b-chuck knoblauch
    SS- Barry Larkin
    3B- mark mcgwire
    RF-Larry Walker
    CF- Griffey
    LF-Barry Bonds

And one awesome pitcher, usually Clemons or Randy Johnson. I usually ended up with a free agent pitching rotation and bench, but who cares? I scored like 150 runs per game!

vCash
    Back in Madden they used to have a glitch in the mid 2000's. You could basically trade your first round draft pick for like another 1st 4th and 6th of almost any team.

So since my team was the best I would usually trade picks with bad teams at the start of a season. In the end I would end up with mostly high 1st and 2nd round picks
    One of the most overused sayings on this forum

"and its not even close" When in reality it is quite close.

vCash
    NBA 2k12 Bobcats

Austin Rivers
    Blake Griffin
    Anthony Davis
    Danny Granger
    Chris Paul

vCash
    MLB 2k13:

OF of Trout, Myers, Stanton
    SS: Espinosa
    2B: Chase Utley
    3B: Longoria
    C: Harper

Rotation had Kershaw, Price, Bundy, Hamels in it

vCash
    This was a couple of years ago so Gordon Beckham and Travis Snyder were still big time prospects but Beckham, Longoria, Braun, and Snyder all hit 40 homeruns on a baseball mogul team I had. Longoria and Braun each hit 50 and I scored over 1200 runs

The Cult of Gattis

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAfan4life View Post
    Back in Madden they used to have a glitch in the mid 2000's. You could basically trade your first round draft pick for like another 1st 4th and 6th of almost any team.

So since my team was the best I would usually trade picks with bad teams at the start of a season. In the end I would end up with mostly high 1st and 2nd round picks
    I also took advantage of this

vCash
    ^that's the case with every madden before the most recent one (although it could still work, simulating is a pain and thus I haven't tried it) All you do is turn off the trade deadline, and by the the 17th week offer the worst team your 1st pick or their 1 and 3rd... it works every time. You can do the same thing with the 2nd worst team and whatever picks. Couple that with the franchise draft class cheat sheets and you can build a ridiculous team quick.
    Hey look everyone, it's "Vintage" Aaron Brooks.

vCash
    In baseball mogul 10 I won like literally 15 straight world series with the Rangers and won 110+ games every year..wish I could remember the players I had. I did it with the Brewers too

And in MLB 2k6 I traded players like every other game with the Yankees and was like 109-8

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    NBA 2K13 Thunder

Rajon Rondo
    James Harden
    Kevin Durant
    Serge Ibaka
    Roy Hibbert

Sixth Man: Avery Bradley
    Bench: Thabo Sefolosha
    Bench: Taj Gibson
    Bench: Jamaal Tinsley

vCash
    In 2k13 i had signed Paul, Carter and Howard, rest was a bunch of rookies, i won a lot of games.

I pretty much do this every other day in Madden. I usually like to build my DB's pretty strong and run with crappy offensive guys and rookies to fill out the rest of the defense. I built a pretty strong team the other day, Think i was the Seahawks. I had Cory Sheets at RB, Chad Johnson was my top reciever he had over a 100 catches and 1100 yards, Had Heap at TE he had 80 catches over 1000 yards. Had Tyrod Taylor at QB. Finished up 9-7 in the playoffs.

Interesting thread i thought i was the only one that made this crazy teams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast