Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan900 View Post
    lets have RG3 return kicks for us too
    Eaxactly. It worked so well when we had RG3 play WR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rg3fanatic1963 View Post
    I'd take him over brandon banks returning kicks every time! i'd switch him over and use him on offense like the skins do banks now cause he is just as fast as banks is.
    he is talented enough to do that with....but not talented enough to use a 3rd or 4th round pick on appearantly???? i dont see the logic in that...

its not like the Qb position...if a guy is a DB, and is known for making plays on the ball, stripping the ball, and is dangerous in the open field, that kinda game translates well into the pros...

even in college, he was rarely asked to cover the main big guys..that was claiborne's job..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    hall is not the playmaker that mathiew is, but who has accounted for most of our INTs this year, that would be d-hall...
    He also acounts for the most tds given up too

vCash
    Eh. Although i hate D Hall and he is terrible in coverage, its not just him giving up touchdowns left and right. Our whole secondary blows.

vCash
    the secoundary issues are not ALL because of the DB situation.. ill admit, we need better safeties, but with no pass-rush, no secoundary can cover...that plain and simple.... the last 2 weeks are prime examples... we finally started getting pressure, and the secoundary is playing A LOT BETTER.....

like i said about the OL situation last year... i said our interior OL and LT were set.. Rex grossman and Beck made them look far worse than what they actually were... now with RG3 under center, guys like lichtensteiger and chester are shining and OL looks so much deeper with talented guys like gettis and leribus as back-ups..

vCash
    We need to draft two safeties this year, one or two DL, one ILB, and add depth at OL. Would love a compliment RB to Morris or another playmaker at WR but those would be luxury picks and I'm not sure we can do that. So if we go 2nd rd. Safety, 3rd rd. DL, 4th rd. OL, 5th rd safety, 6th rd Pot head, 7th rd ILB. I would be ok with that

vCash
    the secoundary issues are not ALL because of the DB situation.. ill admit, we need better safeties, but with no pass-rush, no secoundary can cover...that plain and simple.... the last 2 weeks are prime examples... we finally started getting pressure, and the secoundary is playing A LOT BETTER.....

like i said about the OL situation last year... i said our interior OL and LT were set.. Rex grossman and Beck made them look far worse than what they actually were... now with RG3 under center, guys like lichtensteiger and chester are shining and OL looks so much deeper with talented guys like gettis and leribus as back-ups..

EXACTLY!!!!!!

vCash

So why are you talking about using our 2nd highest pick on a CB if thats not the issue? If Hall is so great, why do you want to replace him? Sounds to me we should be trying to add a quality safety with that pick not Mathiew. DeAngelo Hall was ranked 76th among all corners last year. He sucks, plain and simple.
    Last edited by kbaxter34; 12-03-2012 at 08:45 AM.

vCash
    we need atleast 1 saftey and 1 CB, we also need to work on our pass rush. Wont matter who our dbs are if we dont get to the QB, however we still need to fill holes there as well. I actually like Meriweather and Tanard Jackson if they both can come back, but we still need 1 more saftey..Corner is a higher priority tho. Dhall and Wilson are solid #2 corners. They should not be going up against top recievers. If we can land a starting corner in 2nd round, id be all for it. Kyle Fuller Desmond Trufant, Micah Hyde seem to be the ones that would fall to us.

vCash
    I feel like with the type of athleticism Mathiew possesses he'd be well worth a 3rd round draft pick. We drafted Josh Leribeus in the 3rd round last year... I'd be willing to take him with our second round pick to be honest. Then in rounds 3-5 you can take 1-2 more conventional pieces for the secondary.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    Even if he wasn't such a question mark talent wise, I don't think Shanahan would draft him based on his character. This is a waste of time because realistically Mike Shanahan avoids people like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    Even if he wasn't such a question mark talent wise, I don't think Shanahan would draft him based on his character. This is a waste of time because realistically Mike Shanahan avoids people like this.
    which is a good thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    So why are you talking about using our 2nd highest pick on a CB if thats not the issue? If Hall is so great, why do you want to replace him? Sounds to me we should be trying to add a quality safety with that pick not Mathiew. DeAngelo Hall was ranked 76th among all corners last year. He sucks, plain and simple.
    because looking at the tape, cedric griffen is who is the weak link on the CB group... and what i said was "If we adress the Safety need in FA, then take tyrann in the 3rd after taking a RT in the 2nd."

that is what i've said from the beginning...idk where you get these crazy rankings from and PFT or whoever doesnt amount to ****... i read they had josh wilson rated 2nd behind revis last year in completion % or...i was like WTF?

but my statement has always been clear... we need some Safety help, need to get healthy, get a RT, and add a quality Slot CB...

Sign Byrd in FA. Get Merriwether back healthy OR sign a decent SS. Draft a RT in the 2nd round, and then draft THE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE IN THE 3RD ROUND...for me, i think if mathiew is available, he's it...

vCash
    I feel like with the type of athleticism Mathiew possesses he'd be well worth a 3rd round draft pick. We drafted Josh Leribeus in the 3rd round last year... I'd be willing to take him with our second round pick to be honest. Then in rounds 3-5 you can take 1-2 more conventional pieces for the secondary.
    exactly.. like seriously, what has matheiw done on tape to tell anyone that he's gonna be a bad CB in the nfl...
    we all know he's undersized by 2 inches to play as a CB1/cb2, but he's not a man/man corner, he's an athletic guy with playmaking ability....
    the same went for janoris jenkins... he had all the tools, but the off-the field stuff dropped him, and now he's the front-leader for DROY...

just as a KR, mathiew deserves to go in the top 3 rounds....couple that with the fact that he's a hell of a defensive player, and its a no-brainer...shanahan loves guys that can do multiple things for the football team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    No way we oick him and switch him to safety. We have reed doughty.
    Ive been hating reed doughty on this forum for a VERY VERY long time, and every year i wonder to myself HOW THE **** IS HE STILL ON THIS TEAM!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12