Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

tyrann "Honey badger" Mathiew

i figured i should start this thread because everyone has different ideas on whether we should take a chance on him.

my stance on him from day 1 was, if he is available in the 3rd round, we should take a chance on him.

FA should be used to take care of our Safety issue. the 2nd round should be to find our future RT, and mathiew would be the best available player of need at the 3rd...

he's a kid i root for and want to see succeed because he is a good kid. just had a messed up childhood..
    read this..
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...n-honey-badger

"Prior to LSU's loss to Alabama in last year's BCS Title game, FoxSports.com writer Thayer Evans wrote a touching piece about Mathieu, whose mother disowned him after his drug-addicted father murdered a man in cold blood.

Then, when Tyrann was 5, his grandfather died of complications from a heart attack and he was taken in and adopted by a loving aunt and uncle.

To this day, Shelia and Tyrone Mathieu recall Tyrann's fragile childhood, when he turned to athletics to curb his confusion.

The second chapter of Mathieu's story is inspiring, as he grew to become a high school star and later, one of college football's most recognizable talents."

here's why i think he wont be a loser...

vCash
    Great playmaker. Always seems to be around the ball, but he's not fundamentally sound in any particular area as a defensive back. He got exposed against bigger, more athletic receivers in SEC play last season. I'm not sure if he could hold up as a #2 corner. (certainly not #1.) And as I said in the other thread, I don't think he has the size to move to safety.

He has value as a special teams player, but I'm not convinced that he'll be a great DB at the NFL level. Risking a 3rd rounder on him wouldn't be a bad move for any other team, but we have to hit a home run with every early pick we have for the next couple years.

Not to mention he's a few drug tests away from not even seeing the field. We have enough of those guys on the team already.

vCash
    Only way I even consider this is if he REALLY falls to like the 6th round.

vCash
    i want to draft him and play him as the 3rd CB and KR..
    think about it for a sec, he'll be lined up against the slot WRs like cruz and amyndola.. he actually would be the best match-up against these types of WR.. they are the quick 5-10 5-11 WRs...

i think if he plays, he will be homerun pick... his impact on the game is ridiculous

vCash
    No way we oick him and switch him to safety. We have reed doughty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    No way we oick him and switch him to safety. We have reed doughty.
    This lol

vCash

Honey Badger

Any one that says that the REDSKINS should not take tyrann "Honey badger" Mathiews if he's available...is absolutly crazy! This guy is a playmaker and that is exactly what washington needs in the worst way. This guy was Heisman trophy finalist a year ago as a defensive player. C'MON MAN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R3DSKINS View Post
    Any one that says that the REDSKINS should not take tyrann "Honey badger" Mathiews if he's available...is absolutly crazy! This guy is a playmaker and that is exactly what washington needs in the worst way. This guy was Heisman trophy finalist a year ago as a defensive player. C'MON MAN!!!
    Deangelo Hall is a "playmaker" too. Doesn't mean he can cover anyone

vCash
    hall is not the playmaker that mathiew is, but who has accounted for most of our INTs this year, that would be d-hall...

vCash
    Honey badger was a play maker over a year ago, in college. Now he is a pot head who can't seem to kick the habit to even stay on a crappy no name college football team. It is not worth it to draft him, at all. We don't need that problem. We already have a couple of guys who are close to losing a season because of weed, and they didn't even have a prior problem with the stuff. Problem is, he isn't even that good at coverage, he may pick off some passes from time to time, but we already have one of those guys and you all want him off the team. We will not draft him, guaranteed. Shannahan will not take that chance, and I won't blame him, if he doesn't.

vCash
    I'd take him over brandon banks returning kicks every time! i'd switch him over and use him on offense like the skins do banks now cause he is just as fast as banks is.

vCash
    banks does need to go

vCash
    id take him in the 5th at earliest. and thats only if he replaces banks as KR/PR. but shanahan wont take him.

vCash
    Id rather trade for BJ Raji to return kicks for us than Banks.

vCash
    lets have RG3 return kicks for us too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast