Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Okay, fine. How about the Jays trade Syndergaard and Anthony Gose for RA Dickey? Happier now?
    No, I'm not happier now, however I doubt you have the ability to alter my mood for better or worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Talick View Post
    Yea, it wasn't a knock on you at all. This is finally a fair deal suggestion for JPA and people aren't even discussing it.

Im not on a pedestal derozan. I've just been in this forum long enough to hear some of thecrazy iideas thrown around when we've had the slightest glimpse of success. I remember the things repeated after the Burnett signing. "Sign Zito, MullderI am sure some of the older guys can remember more

Unless you're getting a proven superstar back, like a Felix Hernandez, it would be highly unwise for AA to wager the farm all in one season, especially for some of the deals mentioned. We don't even know howthis roster is gonna play out.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Yeah, it's really easy to use his career numbers when trying to say that he's bad. He wasn't even a knuckleballer for all of his career so it's pretty ridiculous just to cherry pick numbers. If you look at his past 3 seasons, the numbers are pretty good.

2010: 2.84 ERA, 3.65 FIP, 3.75 xFIP
    2011: 3.28 ERA, 3.77 FIP, 3.95 xFIP
    2012: 2.73 ERA, 3.27 FIP, 3.27 xFIP

My proposal of Rasmus, Arencibia and McGuire for Dickey and Familia isn't exactly giving away assets for nothing as you'd have us believe. I recognize their trade value, and I'm not suggesting they're being thrown away for nothing, but it compares pretty well with Dickey's trade value given his high performance relative to his age and contract status. It would also fit the needs of both teams pretty well.
    Oh no I agree. But at the same time, are the Mets going to do Rasmus and Arencibia + a lower spec like McGuire who did decently in a short time in the majors coming off (is it TJ?) surgery? Personally, they'd ask for more, and we shouldn't be giving that much up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Well for both I agree, but if all we are trading is JUST Arencibia then the risk for a year or 2 might be worth it. So far, all JPA has estalished is that he has power, that's it. I don't care, a .275 OBP is ATROCIOUS.

I'd be willing to give all our hitters one more chance though, yes even lind and see if Mollota can turn them around. But, i'd be willing to deal them in a heartbeat if the right deal came along.

RA Dickey as our 5th pitcher for JPA straight up might be worth it.

Of course, this is never going to happen.
    Right on. I absolutely hate JPA to be honest. I think people overvalue the **** out of him, as a guy who values adv. stats a ton, I think most people would see how bad JPA is if they were exposed to the more advanced breakdown rather then his mainstream bombs and RBIs.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber0104 View Post
    That is ridiculous...

Who cares what he's done over this career? you aren't trading for normal RA Dickey who couldn't cut it in the major leagues with his mediocre stuff, you are trading for the kunckleballing RA dickey who's knuckleball continues to improve with each successive season.

You can safely disregard all of his career numbers up to 3 years ago and if you do that, you see that he is a very good pitcher that has been improving from year to year until finally achieving CY Young form last year with the perfection of his knuckleball

That is what explains his great peripherals and his sudden rise in strikeouts
    You're absolutely correct. Here's my issue, Dickey transitioned so late in his career. If he had done this earlier, he'd have so much more value. Now, I understand that guys like Dickey could end up pitching into their 40's (see Tim Wakefield), but I still personally think Dickey would get absolutely ROCKED in the AL East.

I'll check out the #s later. But it's also safe to say that this was Dickey's only quality season really in terms of a TORP. Dickey prior to this year had high 3 peripherals, almost into the 4s. That equals to a #3 in the NL, which really leads to a bad #4 in the AL East. This was truly his first season with stellar peripherals, even as a knuckler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Agreed.

Oh no I agree. But at the same time, are the Mets going to do Rasmus and Arencibia + a lower spec like McGuire who did decently in a short time in the majors coming off (is it TJ?) surgery? Personally, they'd ask for more, and we shouldn't be giving that much up.

Right on. I absolutely hate JPA to be honest. I think people overvalue the **** out of him, as a guy who values adv. stats a ton, I think most people would see how bad JPA is if they were exposed to the more advanced breakdown rather then his mainstream bombs and RBIs.

You're absolutely correct. Here's my issue, Dickey transitioned so late in his career. If he had done this earlier, he'd have so much more value. Now, I understand that guys like Dickey could end up pitching into their 40's (see Tim Wakefield), but I still personally think Dickey would get absolutely ROCKED in the AL East.

I'll check out the #s later. But it's also safe to say that this was Dickey's only quality season really in terms of a TORP. Dickey prior to this year had high 3 peripherals, almost into the 4s. That equals to a #3 in the NL, which really leads to a bad #4 in the AL East. This was truly his first season with stellar peripherals, even as a knuckler.
    That is true.. but there are 2 possibilities here.. either he got extremely fortunate which is hard to imagine because his numbers were so good and he maintained them throughout the year

or you could buy that he has finally perfected the kunckleball and his style of pitching, which is definitely something that takes a while to happen with knuckleballers

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    I will flip **** if the Jays deal Travis d'Arnaud. He has potential to be an all-star and he should be far better than Arencibia has ever been (if TDA's knee heels properly that is )
    The MMA Pavilion

mmapavilion.wordpress.com

vCash
    And now we've claimed Eli Whiteside off waivers from San Francisco. I hope he enjoys Buffalo.
    The MMA Pavilion

vCash
    the Eli Whiteside claiming doesn't reduce the possibility that Arencibia or Buck are dealt, that's for sure.

vCash
    I seriously don't mind seeing Buck be the full time catcher next year until TDA is ready. Sign another vet catcher and let them man the rotation and provide their game calling experience to help our rotation.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BJBirdy View Post
    And now we've claimed Eli Whiteside off waivers from San Francisco. I hope he enjoys Buffalo.
    Actually claimed him from the Yankees...

vCash
    The jays cannot send him to buffalo without him clearing waivers... If that was the case he would be with the giants (yanks claimed him, now toronto claimed him from new york). Does anyone know who toronto waived to make room for him?

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    The jays cannot send him to buffalo without him clearing waivers... If that was the case he would be with the giants (yanks claimed him, now toronto claimed him from new york). Does anyone know who toronto waived to make room for him?
    They had an open spot from non-tendering Bobby Wilson.

vCash
    i still think people are reading too much into the whole catcher waiver claim thingy, im pretty sure they just need a backup catcher at AAA and are hoping they can sneak him thru waivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    i still think people are reading too much into the whole catcher waiver claim thingy, im pretty sure they just need a backup catcher at AAA and are hoping they can sneak him thru waivers.
    Plus, they are destroying the Yankees catcher depth even more. Why not do that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    Actually claimed him from the Yankees...
    I meant that he played with the Giants organization last season.

It always amazes me how many crap on small deals like this in the comments section on sites like TSN. Do people not realize that all teams make minor insignificant moves like this to help their farm teams?
    The MMA Pavilion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BJBirdy View Post
    I meant that he played with the Giants organization last season.

It always amazes me how many crap on small deals like this in the comments section on sites like TSN. Do people not realize that all teams make minor insignificant moves like this to help their farm teams?
    There is your problem. Never ever look at the comments from the jokers who post at TSN. You'll get dumber just by reading some of those posts.

True fact: 70% of the general public are idiots....
    Speculation: I'm sure 67.9% of those post on TSN.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    That's what I think. Sure, if JPA (or Buck somehow) is traded, he makes for good insurance. But I think the reality is AA is just trying to sneak guys through waivers while everyone is in free agent frenzy mode to give AAA some depth.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567