Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    Didn't know we had a guy named Goes in our farm, interesting.
    There's no way he goes.

.............see what I did there?

vCash
    He belonged on the farm, and would have been a September Call up, if the injury prone Jays had not happened. He needs a full year in Buffalo to bring him to MLB ready.

Note your constructive criticism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jensan View Post
    d'Arnaud, Goes, Sanchez, Stilson and Osuna
    If I'm the Rays, I'm asking for Lawrie and D'Arnaud at least to start.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Lawrie to be moved to 2nd base? because Longoria is at 3rd for 8 years more

vCash
    No, I'd swap him to a 3rd team if I'm the Rays
    Last edited by lajoie; 12-01-2012 at 07:24 PM.

All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Brett Lawrie is probably one of the top 5 most untouchable players in baseball right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozan10 View Post
    Brett Lawrie is probably one of the top 5 most untouchable players in baseball right now.
    Top 5? Not sure I agree with that.

vCash
    Top 50 in MLB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Top 5? Not sure I agree with that.
    Mostly because he is Canadian. Well that plus he is a hell of a ballplayer with some great potential. But yea the fact that he is Canadian is huge. Just look at the impact it had last year.

vCash
    When your asking a division rival to trade arguably the best pitcher in all of baseball whose still in his prime and controllable for 3 years, there should be no untouchable players

vCash
    There is no way no how they trade Price to a team in our division. They could get as good a return from some of the other 26 teams.

But if they do and its not us, ..........I will eat Krylian ..........I mean crow.

vCash
    I can't think of one other pitcher to ever to command a package as valuable as Lawrie and TDA.

David Price is great but let's not lose our minds here.

If anyone else can think of a package for an established "ace" that actually occurred and beats that package, please feel free to speak up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kanersen View Post
    I can't think of one other pitcher to ever to command a package as valuable as Lawrie and TDA.

David Price is great but let's not lose our minds here.

If anyone else can think of a package for an established "ace" that actually occurred and beats that package, please feel free to speak up.
    I don't know of too many aces in their prime and controllable for 3 years ever even potentially being available on the market.

I mean the Halladay trade netted a pretty good package (at the time) and he was a year away from free agency, made it pretty much known that he wanted to be traded and was entering the declining phase of career.

None of those seem to apply with Price so I don't see why it would be unreasonable for the Rays to get a least that given the dearth of starting pitching currently available on the market and the price in $

vCash
    Mostly because he is Canadian. Well that plus he is a hell of a ballplayer with some great potential. But yea the fact that he is Canadian is huge. Just look at the impact it had last year.
    Let's be real here. He didn't have the greatest year in his first full season He has loads of potential, but let's face it, it's not like he played like Mike Trout or Buster Posey.

vCash
    Top 50 in MLB
    I'd say top 30. I think he was actually a bit higher than that on Jonah Keri's trade value list that was published the other day. I get where the other poster is coming from with the top 5 thing though, even if that is a bit much. As silly as it is to overrate players because of their passport, there is no denying that that does add to his value for the Jays specifically.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast