Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 208
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,804
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mgsports View Post
    Price for Morse/Espinoza? Get a OF/2B Longoria at 3B,Zobrist at SS,Espinoza at 2B,Ryan Roberts at 1B,Morse at LF,Jennings in CF,Joyce in RF and Molina Catcher
    How about price for espinosa, morse, flores, lombardozzi and gioloto

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mgsports View Post
    Price for Morse/Espinoza?
    Sure thing. Right after you send the Rays Harper and Strasburg for Joyce and Colome.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    16,571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRazorboy View Post
    Sure thing. Right after you send the Rays Harper and Strasburg for Joyce and Colome.
    Haha...pretty much. Top young ace's aren't cheap obviously.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,966
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Moving Price, would be the same sense as the Dodgers moving Kershaw. As a Dodger fan, think what you would want for in a trade for Kershaw. Because that's basically what the Rays would want in a trade for Price.

    And the reason for the 80 million, is simply because it makes absolutely no sense for the Rays to take Andre Ethier, especially when they already have Andre Ethier in RF, but he goes by the name Matt Joyce.
    It doesn't matter what we want, were going to loose him in FA because we have over extended ourselves and are now broke just ask any Giants fan that's what they are all saying, look through ANY thread where the dodgers sign a player such as the Brandon League thread...apparently we will loose him because we wont have the money.

    I agree that i don't know why they would want Andre Ethier, but to say the dodgers would need an $80 million salary dump to move Ethier is silly. Do you really believe that he is similar to Vernon Wells or Soriano? Really? When did he become such an EXTREME liability in the field and at the plate that the dodgers would have to pick up 100% of his contract to move him?

    If that is the case then why don't you say that he should be benched instead? I mean if he is as bad as you suggest that the dodgers would need to pick up his salary and then give money to the rays to take him why don't they just bench him.

    I understand if he isn't a fit on the rays but I'm surprised he became a player with literally no value.
    Last edited by ciaban; 12-02-2012 at 08:15 PM.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,087
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    Exactly my point, your thinking like a fan who is dramatically over valuing their players relative to what the actual business says a player is worth. If the Rays ask for the house and nobody is willing to pay it, then they will have to risk losing him for compensation draft picks when he hits free agency.
    Yeah, in three years.

    He may not be traded this offseason and right now the Rays have some leverage as of now with what they can demand but as with all money strapped franchises time works against them. The Rays dont absolutely have to trade Price right now if they dont want to but if they arent willing to fork out the major dollars to retain him at some point they will be forced to. My point, you and half the people in this thread are insane to believe that franchises with superstar players that people want but only a few franchises can afford, hold 100% of the leverage and that the Rays can simply get whatever they want for Price without hesitation.
    You are making a dangerous and false assumption here.

    As I said, time works against them. Its a business. They have plenty of time to do something as of right now though. 80 million in salary? Thats a ****ing joke. Give me a break.
    It's not about Price. It's the fact that Ethier is worthless to the Rays, and his contract is a bad contract. If you want to unload Ethier, it wouldn't be to the Rays unless you were going to basically pay all of his salary. He means nothing to the Rays because they already have an Andre Ethier and he is inexpensive.


    They just lost Upton and Ethier would be a great replacement.
    He doesn't play centerfield, and again.


    They already have Matt Joyce. He is the exact same player Andre Ethier is.

    Its not hard to shift spots either in the outfield defensively.
    He can't play center.

    Dude is straight up clutch too.
    That doesn't make him more valuable in a trade if you somehow think he is or and that it does.


    He is not some pos player. They would get him at a discount too since as I said, the Dodgers would of course have to fork up some money in the deal. Just not some $80 million salary bs. lmao.
    You are completely ignoring the Rays needs/wants in a deal where they would trade David Price.

    Andre Ethier means absolutely nothing to them. You are not helping the Rays here, so it's a worthless trade proposition. The Rays would only trade Price if they are blown away. They have multiple years to figure something out with him, if they are going to trade him, it would have to be an insane overpay to get him at this point, because it makes no sense to move a cost controlled ace from a 90 win team until they know they can't re-sign him. And you don't usually sign pitchers to longer than 5 year deals anyway, and he is basically under contract for 3 more years. They have no need to move him, and they only would if they were completely blown away with a move that greatly improves the team. Andre Ethier doesn't improve the Tampa Bay Rays.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,087
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I agree that i don't know why they would want Andre Ethier, but to say the dodgers would need an $80 million salary dump to move Ethier is silly.
    That isn't what I said. I said if you wanted the Rays to take Ethier it would take a crazy amount of money to cover the contract to make it worth it to the Rays.

    There are other teams that might take him without needing too much money involved.

    Do you really believe that he is similar to Vernon Wells or Soriano? Really? When did he become such an EXTREME liability in the field and at the plate that the dodgers would have to pick up 100% of his contract to move him?
    When did I say any of this?
    If that is the case then why don't you say that he should be benched instead? I mean if he is as bad as you suggest that the dodgers would need to pick up his salary and then give money to the rays to take him why don't they just bench him.
    What are you trying to argue here?

    I never said any of the above.

    I understand if he isn't a fit on the rays but I'm surprised he became a player with literally no value.
    Again, never said any of this.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yeah, in three years.



    You are making a dangerous and false assumption here.


    It's not about Price. It's the fact that Ethier is worthless to the Rays, and his contract is a bad contract. If you want to unload Ethier, it wouldn't be to the Rays unless you were going to basically pay all of his salary. He means nothing to the Rays because they already have an Andre Ethier and he is inexpensive.



    He doesn't play centerfield, and again.


    They already have Matt Joyce. He is the exact same player Andre Ethier is.


    He can't play center.


    That doesn't make him more valuable in a trade if you somehow think he is or and that it does.




    You are completely ignoring the Rays needs/wants in a deal where they would trade David Price.

    Andre Ethier means absolutely nothing to them. You are not helping the Rays here, so it's a worthless trade proposition. The Rays would only trade Price if they are blown away. They have multiple years to figure something out with him, if they are going to trade him, it would have to be an insane overpay to get him at this point, because it makes no sense to move a cost controlled ace from a 90 win team until they know they can't re-sign him. And you don't usually sign pitchers to longer than 5 year deals anyway, and he is basically under contract for 3 more years. They have no need to move him, and they only would if they were completely blown away with a move that greatly improves the team. Andre Ethier doesn't improve the Tampa Bay Rays.
    lol to all of this. The only thing you seem to have right is that the Rays dont have to trade him right now and I acknowledged that. He will get more and more expensive though once his arbitration really kicks in. Whatever though, it all might be moot if he doesn't get traded anyway this offseason. Your still crazy to think the Dodgers would need to pick up 80 million in salary in that deal or that a right fielder cant be converted into a center fielder for that matter. Its much easier than converting infielders not impossible. They have an open in the outfield, and Lee, Pederson, and Gordon are young and talented prospects so I dont see how you can claim its a worthless trade proposal.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,213
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    That isn't what I said. I said if you wanted the Rays to take Ethier it would take a crazy amount of money to cover the contract to make it worth it to the Rays.

    There are other teams that might take him without needing too much money involved.


    When did I say any of this?

    What are you trying to argue here?

    I never said any of the above.



    Again, never said any of this.
    Again all of this was literally stated or implied in your original response to me. Go back and reread it.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,147
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    lol to all of this. The only thing you seem to have right is that the Rays dont have to trade him right now and I acknowledged that. He will get more and more expensive though once his arbitration really kicks in. Whatever though, it all might be moot if he doesn't get traded anyway this offseason. Your still crazy to think the Dodgers would need to pick up 80 million in salary in that deal or that a right fielder cant be converted into a center fielder for that matter. Its much easier than converting infielders not impossible. They have an open in the outfield, and Lee, Pederson, and Gordon are young and talented prospects so I dont see how you can claim its a worthless trade proposal.
    You're insane if you think Either can play center field. He's a negative value corner outfielder.

    Dee Gordon is not good.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

    It is anyway, not anyways.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,920
    vCash
    1500
    Sox could get him....at the cost of Doubront, XB, JBJr, and Owens......I wouldn't want him for that price (no pun intended)
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LongIsland
    Posts
    1,219
    vCash
    1500
    Did not read the first full 8 pages

    But trade value wise would Price for G.Stanton be an even swap?


    Obviously it would never happen; but as far as value?




    Also Texas could move OLT to another team for the right prospect that the rays would desire. Profar, Olt/replacement/ and top two pitcher prospects gets that deal done for the rays
    --Frankie LO---
    --@frankielo--

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,087
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    lol to all of this. The only thing you seem to have right is that the Rays dont have to trade him right now and I acknowledged that. He will get more and more expensive though once his arbitration really kicks in. Whatever though, it all might be moot if he doesn't get traded anyway this offseason. Your still crazy to think the Dodgers would need to pick up 80 million in salary in that deal or that a right fielder cant be converted into a center fielder for that matter. Its much easier than converting infielders not impossible. They have an open in the outfield, and Lee, Pederson, and Gordon are young and talented prospects so I dont see how you can claim its a worthless trade proposal.

    How many right fielders successfully get converted to centerfielders?


    Zero.


    And it's a worthless trade proposal because it doesn't help the Rays....the gigantic key fundamental part of this that you are for some reason completely omitting.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,087
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    Again all of this was literally stated or implied in your original response to me. Go back and reread it.
    Lol, no

    You would have to basically send 80 million along with Ethier, and still have to give up Lee and maybe more to get Price.
    And the reason for the 80 million, is simply because it makes absolutely no sense for the Rays to take Andre Ethier, especially when they already have Andre Ethier in RF, but he goes by the name Matt Joyce.
    That's what I said.

    I never said he compares to Vernon Wells, or Alfonso Soriano, or that he was worthless lol. I never said any of that.


    The Rays have no need for Ethier, he makes no sense for them.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,855
    vCash
    1500
    wonder if TB would be interested in Travis DÓrnaud plus for shields?

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    10,966
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    That isn't what I said. I said if you wanted the Rays to take Ethier it would take a crazy amount of money to cover the contract to make it worth it to the Rays.

    There are other teams that might take him without needing too much money involved.


    When did I say any of this?

    What are you trying to argue here?

    I never said any of the above.



    Again, never said any of this.
    Jeffy if you really believe that for the dodgers to trade andre etheir they would have to pay the whole contract, it suggest one of two things.

    1)That he has a bloated inflated contract and even though he still has value he wont be able to produce half of what the contract is paying him i.e. Alex Rodriguez.

    or

    2)He isn't very good, and lacks almost any value, the team is better off benching him or paying him to play somewhere else to free up the roster spot i.e. Vernon Wells,

    So what is it? Because i can't think of any other time a team just dumped a huge contract and paid a player to go somewhere else unless it is one of those two things.

    Personally i don't think he will ever be traded and i don't see why some are suggesting it.
    Last edited by ciaban; 12-02-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •