Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the main reason the Rays would want to move Price is to get young talented players on cheap contracts. Ethier is out of the question considering this but that's really not a bad offer if they pay the majority of Ethier's deal.
    I just think with Either it would look attractive because the Rays get somebody very good to replace Upton. Ethier is not a superstar but he isnt a scrub by any means. Obviously yes some of the money would have to be paid to satisfy the Rays' money issues but for the Dodgers, that doesnt mean much with the way our ownership has been spending. We also lose quite a decent amount of salary next offseason too so signing Price and Kershaw to a long extension should be very doable.

vCash
    Only a couple of teams could get him in terms of prospects

some come to mind Rangers, Royals, Nationals, Padres, Mariners, Pirates

Doubt the padres do it or mariners.

For the Rangers it would have to start with Profar then others.

for the Royals it could start with a Myers, Starling, Hosmer, Butler or 2 of the bunch

Nationals probably Rendon, and others

Pirates Tallion, Cole
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    I don't see what the Nationals have to offer that would make them appealing trade partners. They blew their wad already on Gonzalez and Rendon has been a walking injury for at least a year and a half now. Even before that their best arm prospect was a 6'9 college project arm.

Pirates maybe. The Royals get iffy after Myers unless they include Hosmer as well, which is then more of an overpay than even I would be willing to make. I think alot more teams are in this conversation than most will give credit for, and it only gets larger next year.

Padres I could see as sleeper sleepers in this, but right now that's where alot of teams fall (Cubs, Arizona, OK less than I thought but not really using imagination either).
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-01-2012 at 06:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican dodger View Post
    That's a great package bills can potentially be an ace..and you still 2 good prospects and speedy Dee Gordon
    bahhaa, no.

No way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    I just think with Either it would look attractive because the Rays get somebody very good to replace Upton. Ethier is not a superstar but he isnt a scrub by any means. Obviously yes some of the money would have to be paid to satisfy the Rays' money issues but for the Dodgers, that doesnt mean much with the way our ownership has been spending. We also lose quite a decent amount of salary next offseason too so signing Price and Kershaw to a long extension should be very doable.
    You would have to basically send 80 million along with Ethier, and still have to give up Lee and maybe more to get Price.

Ethier is not comparable to Price.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I don't see what the Nationals have to offer that would make them appealing trade partners. They blew their wad already and Rendon has been a walking injury for at least a year and a half now.

Pirates maybe. The Royals get iffy after Myers unless they include Hosmer as well, which is then more of an overpay than even I would be willing to make. I think alot more teams are in this conversation than most will give credit for, and it only gets larger next year.
    Yup.

I think Myers and Butler for Price is something that could be worked out though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    You would have to basically send 80 million along with Ethier, and still have to give up Lee and maybe more to get Price.

Ethier is not comparable to Price.
    lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    lol.
    Yeah, well it's true.

Andre Ethier is no where close to the value of Price.

vCash
    I doubt the Rays would want anything to do with the Dodgers' best offer right now. Ethier sucks, Pederson could easily be a product of RC + the Cal and is not a standout yet except in their system, Lee hovers between over and underrated, Gordon is meh....Billingsley is meh (for the Rays as a return)....

It's going to be a team with cheap, solid ML ready contributors and some big upside prospects to deal...That's where the Rays specialize. Think the Garza trade on a different scale.

vCash
    Yup.

I think Myers and Butler for Price is something that could be worked out though.
    I think the Rays would want more than that, Butler can play 1st but has been a DH for years, granted Hosmer has been playing 1st but still i dont think its very good value for the rays.
    New York Yankees
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    I think the Rays would want more than that, Butler can play 1st but has been a DH for years, granted Hosmer has been playing 1st but still i dont think its very good value for the rays.
    I think Myers was sort of the key piece there.

vCash
    I still dont think just myers is enough value for a top 5 pitcher in the league that is under control and wont be a free agent till 2016 who just won a cy young
    New York Yankees
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Yup.

I could see this happening. Makes sense from both sides.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    They definitely wouldn't be a WS contender ...
    In baseball there really is no such thing as a WS contender. If you are a playoff contender you are capable of winning a WS

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    I still dont think just myers is enough value for a top 5 pitcher in the league that is under control and wont be a free agent till 2016 who just won a cy young
    That's why they are both listed.

Myers has 6 years of control and legit 30 homer power at the big league level, and is quite young.

He is a lot like Price 2008 basically (in terms of value)

Butler is what makes up for the difference in potential to present value of Myers. Butler has a friendly enough deal, is sort of jammed position wise in KC.

I don't know that the Royals would do this, but I'm sure the Rays would.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast