Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rangers and Nationals might be the two best fits honestly.

Maybe no longer Nationals though, Meyer would have been an arm I would think the Rays would have wanted.

I still think they want another year, maybe two before actually considering to move him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Rangers and Nationals might be the two best fits honestly.

Maybe no longer Nationals though, Meyer would have been an arm I would think the Rays would have wanted.

I still think they want another year, maybe two before actually considering to move him.
    I know they aren't looking for pitching, they're trying to improve their lineup, but wouldn't the Mariners hypothetically be able to make an appealing deal with the Rays?

The Mariners seem to have the willingness to add payroll, the prospects to get it done and having King Felix and Price at the top of the rotation would be dangerous for the next decade.

vCash
    They would obviously want Profar from the Rangers. Rangers could offer Andrus, Holland, L. Martin and Robbie Ross. I would ask for Profar, Holland and L. Martin if I was trading 3 years of David Price.

That is just quick off the top of my head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Why didn't you factor Jurickson Profar into the discussion about the top 3 prospects from the Rangers?
    Because there is an extremely high possibility he will be spending time in Center Field next season if Ham bone walks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    I know they aren't looking for pitching, they're trying to improve their lineup, but wouldn't the Mariners hypothetically be able to make an appealing deal with the Rays?

The Mariners seem to have the willingness to add payroll, the prospects to get it done and having King Felix and Price at the top of the rotation would be dangerous for the next decade.
    Yeah, they could potentially.

But why would the M's do it?

They are better off keeping their big three, developing them and keep Felix in the fold and have a legit rotation one day together. It will likely be a negative in cost to trade for a current ace at top of the market value then trading away some similar pieces who they are still waiting to trend up.

I think the Royals still make sense here. The Rays would probably trade Price for Butler and Myers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yeah, they could potentially.

But why would the M's do it?

They are better off keeping their big three, developing them and keep Felix in the fold and have a legit rotation one day together. It will likely be a negative in cost to trade for a current ace at top of the market value then trading away some similar pieces who they are still waiting to trend up.

I think the Royals still make sense here. The Rays would probably trade Price for Butler and Myers.
    Yep, totally agree that it makes the most sense. I guess the reason I think the Mariners would do it is because other than Josh Hamilton (who they could pursue independent of this) there isn't really any real means of making a splash to improve their offense.

Prospects are great assets to have but as often as not, they seem to not work out. Using them as currency to pickup someone like Price when they become available is something that I think is worth the risk. I think it'd also be the core of a really competitive rotation in the AL West.

It was just a theory though, and I agree it's not likely to happen. If, for no other reason, than the Mariners seem so dedicated to finding offense.

vCash
    Dodgers get: LHP David Price

Rays get: RHP Zach Lee, RHP Chad Billingsley, SS Dee Gordon, OF Joc Pederson, cash considerations

vCash
    Now HE is someone the Royals should pursue. I see them as a true contender with him in KC.

Would absolutely need to giv eup Myers +, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    Because there is an extremely high possibility he will be spending time in Center Field next season if Ham bone walks.
    Really? So why has he seen zero, count 'em, zero starts in CF playing winter ball for Licey? Why didn't the Rangers ask Licey to stick him at the spot to get him experience there seeing how he has zero, count 'em, zero starts in CF over his entire minor-league career? Wouldn't that be a logical move to make? Oh right, they have absolutely no plans to move him to CF.

And cite one source that has him possibly moving to CF? Jon Daniels? Nope. Nolan Ryan? Nope. Anyone in Rangers management? Nope. Hey, I'd settle for media/blogger sources. Scott Lucas? Nope. T.R. Sullivan? Nope. Evan Grant? Nope. AJM? Nope. Jason Parks? Nope. Jamey Newberg? Nope. Ken Rosenthal? Nope. Etc. Why not just man up and admit you made a mistake in excluding Profar instead of trying to cover for yourself like a loser with your widdle pwide at stake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Now HE is someone the Royals should pursue. I see them as a true contender with him in KC.

Would absolutely need to giv eup Myers +, though.
    a contender to do what exactly?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    a contender to do what exactly?
    You don't think they'd be in a playoff race, even with Price as their ace?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    You don't think they'd be in a playoff race, even with Price as their ace?
    They definitely wouldn't be a WS contender ... They wouldn't be a wild card contender because you got at least 3 WS contenders from the other two divisions in the AL ... and they very likely wouldn't be a contender to win their division either because lets pretend like Price is actually as good as Verlander ... which he isn't ... so take those two out of the equation and the Tigers still have a much better team then the Royals... especially on offense... it just isn't even close.... Maybe a contender to finish above .500 though if that matters at all

vCash
    cmon theo... just the type of player we need

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    They definitely wouldn't be a WS contender ...
    Ok. I agree, never said they would.

They wouldn't be a wild card contender because you got at least 3 WS contenders from the other two divisions in the AL ...
    ....Okay? Three WS contenders in 2 other divisions. 2 of them win their divisions and one of them gets WC number 1. How does that exclude the Royals from the second wild card?

and they very likely wouldn't be a contender to win their division either because lets pretend like Price is actually as good as Verlander ... which he isn't ... so take those two out of the equation and the Tigers still have a much better team then the Royals... especially on offense... it just isn't even close.... Maybe a contender to finish above .500 though if that matters at all
    Okay, again, I agree and never said they'd beat out the Tigers, but anything is possible. If KC does trade for Price, I see no reason to believe why they wouldn't be involved in a wild card race.

vCash
    Dodgers will get him

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast