Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rays thinking about moving David Price?

According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Rays could trade David Price this offseason.
    This isn't the first report by Olney indicating that Price is available. The Rays don't have to the payroll to sign him to a long-term deal, and the expectation is that he'll eventually be dealt. Olney lists the Rangers, Red Sox, and Orioles as possible landing spots. After agreeing to a one-year, $4.35 million contract last offseason, Price is arbitration-eligible and has a projected salary of $10 million for 2013.

vCash
    If the price is right, he can be a Yankee I guess

vCash
    He isn't a FA till 16'

I don't see them moving him this off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    He isn't a FA till 16'

I don't see them moving him this off season.
    Just because he doesn't hit free agency for another couple of season's doesn't mean he won't get a lot of money through arbitration. The sooner the Rays trade him, the more value he has in a trade.

vCash
    If traded 3 years before free agency. Pretty much only the Rangers would have enough talent to trade. Their top 3 prospects at a minimum would be the starting price!

vCash
    Of course they're thinking about it, but unless a team (likely from the NL) is offering a boatload of prospects they'll keep him.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Don't see him being moved this offseason either, but it is not so far fetched either. He's going to be getting expensive as all heck, and they have a replacement in the making in Moore.

Cubs trade offer:

Jeff Samardzija (3 years of a more cheaper SP before FA, slots right in), Darwin Barney (fills their starting SS hole), Javier Baez (long term MIF prospect, one of the best in the game), Wellington Castillo (plug and play C, another Rays hole), Josh Vitters (UT 3B/1B/LF), Brett Jackson (OF depth, another current hole on the Rays), and Gioskar Amaya/Ronald Torreyes/Arismendy Alcantara (long term 2B or UT options).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305 View Post
    If traded 3 years before free agency. Pretty much only the Rangers would have enough talent to trade. Their top 3 prospects at a minimum would be the starting price!
    A whole bunch of teams will be in that conversation, and the Rangers' top 3 (I assume we're talking Olt, Martin, Perez) is less exciting than the hype machine makes them seem. Olt is already blocked from his best position by their best player, Martin isn't a high upside guy, and Perez has a long way to go before he is who he might be able to become.

vCash
    his price will never be higher. young and controllable for a few years at a cheap price. a cy young pitcher who hasn't even entered his prime. There is probably only a few teams with the necessary prospects to make this deal happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    A whole bunch of teams will be in that conversation, and the Rangers' top 3 (I assume we're talking Olt, Martin, Perez) is less exciting than the hype machine makes them seem. Olt is already blocked from his best position by their best player, Martin isn't a high upside guy, and Perez has a long way to go before he is who he might be able to become.
    Why didn't you factor Jurickson Profar into the discussion about the top 3 prospects from the Rangers?

vCash
    I don't like this move for them But i would absolutely love him on the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I don't like this move for them But i would absolutely love him on the Yankees
    I would like him on the Blue Jays as well, but can you see any reason why the Rays would trade him to a division rival?

vCash
    They won't trade him in division. Look at the top farm teams, and those who could add payroll.

I only see Rangers, Nationals and the maybe Pirates that could be a fit. I doubt Theo would empty the cup boards to get Price, too many holes on the cubs right now.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Call em up Cash!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Of course they're thinking about it, but unless a team (likely from the NL) is offering a boatload of prospects they'll keep him.
    yup.

The Rays will have to be over-joyed with the offer made for him. They don't have enough reason to trade him.

I can see them trying to extend him extremely long term soon honestly (but that depends on how badly he wants to be a Ray). If they don't start to get head-way on an extension, then they might start shopping him more aggressively next off-season along with Shields.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast