Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Question Edens,Laszry interested in Bryan Colangelo?

The Bucks’ new owners, Wesley Edens and Marc Lasry, are expected to clean house, meaning veteran GM John Hammond’s days are numbered. Former Toronto president Bryan Colangelo is on the new owners’ radar. The Raptors’ Atlantic Division title and good playoff showing against the Nets has done nothing but help Colangelo, as he looks to run a team again.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1796220

Our first rumor with new owners and it has to be this garbage? Yuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1796220

Our first rumor with new owners and it has to be this garbage? Yuck.
    Coangelo brought Lowry to Toronto, and signed Derozan and Amir Johnson to contracts that looked bad at the time, but now appear to be bargains. Also drafted Valancunas who appears to be a budding star. Sure he had his fair share of fumbles, but I don't think he's that bad...is he evil because he came out and said the cold reality that tanking is how bad teams get better? That's pretty much what we say in here on a daily basis.

I don't think Hammond is necessarily the problem though, it's Larry Drew that needs to go. Hammond only has had so much to work with when looking at free agents...so while it isn't a great track record I think the new owners will give him alot more power & capital to use. So I guess I'm fairly indifferent on the situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Coangelo brought Lowry to Toronto, and signed Derozan and Amir Johnson to contracts that looked bad at the time, but now appear to be bargains. Also drafted Valancunas who appears to be a budding star. Sure he had his fair share of fumbles, but I don't think he's that bad...is he evil because he came out and said the cold reality that tanking is how bad teams get better? That's pretty much what we say in here on a daily basis.

I don't think Hammond is necessarily the problem though, it's Larry Drew that needs to go. Hammond only has had so much to work with when looking at free agents...so while it isn't a great track record I think the new owners will give him alot more power & capital to use. So I guess I'm fairly indifferent on the situation.
    I couldn't agree more. Hammond has had a pretty similar track record compared to Colangelo. Both have done well in areas and fumbled in others. But I would trust Hammond more with this top-4 pick than I would trust Colangelo. Larry Drew on the other hand is the guy that needs to go too. I think we either need to go after a college guy or someone with a proven winning record. I don't trust Drew as much and I think he gets out-coached by almost every coach in the league.