Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post OJ Mayo out for the season with fractured ankle

Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2 View Post
    Snuck in behind all of the Kidd talk, Brian Windhorst reported the Bucks are working on a big deal to relocate OJ Mayo and start shaping their roster! - my 2 cents, although Larry has had his issues I really hope we give him one last chance because he could be a special player
    Milwaukee Bucks general manager John Hammond pegged O.J. Mayo as a future star at shooting guard. He gave Mayo a generous, three-year, $24 million guaranteed contract. However, Mayo hasn't lived up to the expectations, and he could be on his way out of Milwaukee.Image By Scott Mecum, via Wikimedia CommonsAccording to Racine Journal Times columnist Gery Woelfel:"It's no secret the Bucks would be willing to trade him, although that will be easier said than done because of his inflated contract."Mayo played only 52 games this season, shot 40.7 percent from the field and averaged 11.7 points. These are disappointing numbers for a $24 million player.Unfortunately, the Bucks have limited alternatives at shooting guard. Both Giannis Antetokounmpo and Nate Wolters played the two guard spot at various times this season, but they are not long term solutions. Giannis is more of a forward with his seven-foot frame, and Wolters is more of a point guard.The Bucks spent a great ...
    http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articl..._mayo/16513372

The Milwaukee Bucks are said to be working on a potential Ďre-brandí this offseason which will likely be centered around Jabari Parker, the second overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft. One player it wonít be centered around is shooting guard O.J. Mayo who the Bucks are apparently attempting to trade.

Thatís the word from Brian Windhorst of ESPN who says Mayoís time with the Milwaukee Bucks is likely coming to an end as the team has held trade discussions involving the former USC guard.

Windhorst made the sentiment during an airing of SportsCenter though didnít give any specifics as to who the Bucks were speaking to or if any trade was close.

Mayo has never lived up to expectations and was effectively benched for his play in Milwaukee this past season, which isnít going to make any move easy. On top of that, heís still owned $16 million dollars over the course of the upcoming two seasons so itís likely the Bucks are going to be forced into taking back an equally poor contract in a trade.

Mayo isnít the only Milwaukee Bucks player who is likely to get the boot this Summer as itís been stated the Bucks are attempting to clean house, including players like John Henson, Ersan Ilyasova and Larry Sanders who may also find themselves playing in a new zip code come October.

Itís going to be another rough season in Milwaukee this year, but hopefully with the addition of Jabari Parker and some new blood on the roster, fans will see a bit of improvement.
    http://fansided.com/2014/06/29/nba-r...j-mayo/#!5XqgE

I figured to make a separate thread of the Mayo trade rumor. See if it gains traction soon. Like I suggested in the free agent trade idea thread. Pacer wanted Mayo a few times and tried to trade for him twice. Grizzlies back out last minute as well as the Mavs. Mayo for Hill? We take on the extra year of Hill.

KC ‏@kc1nyk ∑ 1h
    Report: #Bucks have been in talks to trade SG O.J. Mayo.

Sports Update ‏@MySportsUpdate ∑ 1h
    Bucks are trying to trade OJ Mayo. (via ESPN)

I said when we signed him OJ Mayo is a scrub. In order to dump Mayo we are going to have to eat a **** contract. The bad contract guy that jumps to my mind is Javale McGee, Denver just added Afflalo and Gary Harris though so that's unfortunate, doubt they'd part with Harris to dump McGee and land Mayo.
    Young Guns

Martell Webster also has a bad contract right now, but he just had surgery I believe. Washington has some young guys who could be appealing though like Rice.
    Young Guns

Remember last years draft we thought Wizard were gonna trade us a lottery pick for Ersan? lol Funny how times have changed.

David Silverman @TheSportsMatrix ∑ 4h

Report: Multiple teams in talks with #Bucks on SG O.J. Mayo.
    Curious who all wants Mayo? Pacers? Thing is if we trade him and eventually Ersan. Then who is our shooters on this team? Would mainly be Parker and Middleton and Delfino. Kinda scary......

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBuck View Post
    Martell Webster also has a bad contract right now, but he just had surgery I believe. Washington has some young guys who could be appealing though like Rice.
    Rice would be a nice sweetener. Not sure about taking on Webster.

Martell Webster $5,381,750 $5,613,500 $5,845,250 Final year nonguaranteed.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/wa...s-team-salary/

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...artell-webster

Webster averaged .392 for his three ball. But we have no need for a sf though. Already have a cheaper three ball expert in Middleton. But if Gortat leaves Wizards. Maybe Zaza for Webster and Rice? Maybe toss in a second rounder to Wizards? Then Henson be primary back up center? Then we keep Ersan? I know Parker is a PF. But wouldn't mind him at SF in some stretches and have Ersan in at PF with him.

Then go a line up of Knight, Middleton, Parker, Ersan, Sanders. Gives us three guys outside waiting to take the three while Sanders alone in the pain waiting for garbage put backs or ally oops while Knight slashes into the lane for the lay up or kick out to one of the open guys for three.

The TWolves had wanted Mayo when he was a FA last year. They have Kevin Martin all that $$$ though so there's that...shabazz and Martin? Lol

I believe the Clippers had wanted him too, but we did that JJ sign and trade with them lol.
    Young Guns

Multiple teams would not want a guy that sucks, OJ was just a little out of shape during the tank.

But I would still be a little interested in a cheaper PG.

Kevin Martin $6,792,500 $7,085,000 $7,377,500 last year player option.

Not as bad as I remembered. Wolves at $66M to $68M depending on renouncing players. Also who knows if they keep Love till trade deadline or try a huge blockbuster deal after the dust settles on LeBron,Melo,Bosh sign somewhere. Sounded like Wolves were waiting on the Love trade till the losing teams that miss out on super star sweepstakes get desperate and go after Love. Wolves should of just dealt Love to Cavs on draft night for Wiggins and other pieces.

I had a feeling they were going to try moving him. I hope we get a solid contributor in return..I liked this signing last summer, but really he didn't do ***.

I think they should keep him for another year. You'd be surprised how much a high character guy can change things.

Been saying it for years...

Sidebar: My name is finally coming true!!

If all they can do is trade him for another disappointing player with a not team friendly contract, then whats the point? Plus, it seems silly to trade a 2 when the major problem with this roster right now is that there aren't enough 2's and way too many 4's.

Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    I think they should keep him for another year. You'd be surprised how much a high character guy can change things.

Been saying it for years...

Sidebar: My name is finally coming true!!
    Who is the high character guy?
    Young Guns

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast