Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Larry ******* Sanders

Major Props out to him the way he's been playing. My favorite Buck!

vCash
    Once those fouls go down he may be one of our best players.

vCash
    Hammond has to be smart so we have enough payroll to go around. Sanders could get a contract similar to Clippers DeAndre Jordan.

vCash
    Yep, he will.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    It looks like Sanders does really like it here. I'm not sure he'll neccesarily take a big hometown discount, but I could see him signing an extension before free agency as long as we offer him a reasonable deal.

But I will say I was wrong in him. When we originally drafted, I thought he might turn into this type of player, but after his first couple years I was skeptical. Even after this summer league it looked like he might get leap frogged by Henson and Udoh, but he's turned it on and he's fun to watch.

vCash
    He controls the crowd out there.

It's awesome to see someone like that. Heaven for bid Monta or Jennings show a little appreciation towards the fans out there.

I just wish Jennings would be that type of player. He needs to be the face of the franchise and I just feel like too often he refers to others too often. Like in the 4th for instance rather then having Monta Ellis shoot a terrible 19 foot jumpshot why not Jennnings step up and be THE man.

He hit a big shot last night, but I'd like to see that more.

vCash
    Yea, Ellis really is the offense down the stretch. Basically we give it to him and let him do what he wants with it. Jennings isn't really any part of it.

Also, we have basically zero creativity on offense. I think we have the only offense in the league that is designed to start the play by passing it to a big guy at the top of the key. I would say 30 times a game one of Udoh, Sanders, Henson or Sammy D have the ball at the top of the key. None of them are a threat to hit the 3 there, and outside of Sanders (who probably shouldn't handle the ball too much) none of them are really a threat to drive or anything either. I really don't get that play.

Then last night, in the 4th quarter, we would always have Lamb or Jennings dribble it up, Monta starts on the right side, comes off of 3 screens to get it on the right side. Then come off of another screen from Ersan who pops to the 3 pt line and Ellis drives. That's not a bad play to run occassionally, but we ran that basically the entire final 5 or so minutes last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea, Ellis really is the offense down the stretch. Basically we give it to him and let him do what he wants with it. Jennings isn't really any part of it.

Also, we have basically zero creativity on offense. I think we have the only offense in the league that is designed to start the play by passing it to a big guy at the top of the key. I would say 30 times a game one of Udoh, Sanders, Henson or Sammy D have the ball at the top of the key. None of them are a threat to hit the 3 there, and outside of Sanders (who probably shouldn't handle the ball too much) none of them are really a threat to drive or anything either. I really don't get that play.

Then last night, in the 4th quarter, we would always have Lamb or Jennings dribble it up, Monta starts on the right side, comes off of 3 screens to get it on the right side. Then come off of another screen from Ersan who pops to the 3 pt line and Ellis drives. That's not a bad play to run occassionally, but we ran that basically the entire final 5 or so minutes last night.
    Yeah that's been a staple of Skiles offense since he's coached the Bucks. They used to run that for Redd all the time.

I think they have the players to run a system similar to what D'Antoni runs.

High pick and roll with one of Sanders/Henson, with either Monta or Jennings running the point. Put shooters at the 2-4 spots and space them out around the perimeter. No matter how the defense defends it, there should be either an open lane or an open man. It's simple, but it works, and it would be perfect for the quick guards and the athletic big men.

Jennings, Lamb, Dunleavy, Ersan, and Sanders could run that very well. Henson could probably play either the 4 or 5 too as he continues to develop.

vCash
    Agreed and you could get away with Ellis running the pick and roll and Jennings being considered in one of the "shooter" roles too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Agreed and you could get away with Ellis running the pick and roll and Jennings being considered in one of the "shooter" roles too.
    Yup.

Skiles is just a frustrating coach because he does such a good job of motivating players on the defensive end, but besides that, I really don't like much about him as a coach. Players play hard for him. That's it.

His rotation minutes hardly ever seem to make sense, and he doesn't seem to have the mind to coach offense at all. To his credit, he has allowed for a little more running since it's so obviously a strength of this team.

If he would just make logical playing time decisions on a semi-consistent basis, and actually taylor some of his half court offense for the players on his team, I think he would be a great coach.

First game of the year, Harris scores 18 points on 8-11 shooting, and pulls down 6 boards. The next game, he plays 13 minutes.

Against the Heat, Henson goes off for 17 and 18. Next game, plays 1 minute.

I know this one is somewhat chicken-egg, but when Sanders plays 30 minutes or more this season, he is averaging 14.5 points, 11 rebounds, and 5.5 blocks. With Larry though, he fouls himself out of playing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Yep, he will.
    well so far we were both right when we were telling everyone all off season larry has to stay and we cant trade him that he will come around and when he does he will be a hell of a player
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Hey I come on here enough and have enough BS spewing out that something's got to be right...lol

Cheers to that indeed.

vCash
    Curious if Sanders improvement are from having vets in practice like Dalembert and Przybilla?

vCash
    Jennings is going to get paid like a leader..but he isn't a leader..and we cannot afford to dish out what he will want.

vCash
    And what are we saving that money for? Realistically who the heck are we going to sign? Sure we'll probably have to overpay for Jennings a little bit. But would you rather overpay for him or continue to bring in vets like Gooden and Dalembert? Because that's really the quality of the free agents we can bring in.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast