Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

David Freese unhurt in Wildwood car crash

ST. LOUIS COUNTY • Police say St. Louis Cardinals third baseman David Freese was not hurt Thursday afternoon when he crashed into a tree in an attempt to avoid a deer in the road.

Freese, 29, was heading south on Wildhorse Creek Road near Rieger Road in Wildwood when he crashed his 2011 black Range Rover into a tree to avoid a deer, said St. Louis County Police Officer Randy Vaughn. The crash occurred at 2:30 p.m.

Freese did not hit the deer, Vaughn said. Freese was already out of his SUV when police arrived for what was originally called in as “automobile accident with injury.” After two police cars arrived, an ambulance was not called to the scene. While talking at length with officers Freese refused medical treatment when offered, Vaughn said. The SUV was towed from the crash scene.
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...acbba19a6.html

Glad he's okay.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Because of his history when I saw this on twitter earlier I panicked some when I read Freese and car accident

vCash
    Same here

vCash
    Freese should just get a driver.

Bad luck for him behind the wheel.

vCash
    He has had some bad luck. Wildwood is apparently a very wooded area with winding roads, so an accident with a deer would not be unexpected. I drive windy roads pretty often and have come close to having a few accidents.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    We have a ton of deer all over Ohio, we see them here all the time and there are tons on the side of the highways from people hitting them.

My sisters hit 2 full grown and 1 juvenile

vCash
    In the post dispatch some locals near the accident seem to be questioning David Freese's story. They think he fell asleep.

vCash
    I'm basically going off the logic I don't care if it was a deer or he fell asleep, he's okay and it wasn't drinking related.

There's no way to prove he was asleep or it was a deer either way

vCash
    as long as it aint drug related and he is ok its all good

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    The property owner thinks Freese fell asleep, though witnesses saw no sign of impairment.
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...a48e3fc21.html

I'm glad Freese is alright anyway. Speeding and falling asleep is not good, but not uncommon, either. There's no evidence he had been drinking.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    My thing is on falling asleep while driving. It's incredibly stupid, he knew he was tired. Pull over, get a ride, do something.

But he could have been driving awhile and its not like he meant to do it. Not like getting in a car drunk and driving