Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Stat might sneak in well atleast I hope

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Folks who have it in thier heads that Stat sucks believe he is a scrub and that he is not better then most pfs in the league. Sure he is not elite on some elements of his game and may not be a perfect fit fornthe team right now. Yet, other folks here wanted JJ Hickson and Andre Blatch on our team for the bench. Amare if healthy is a top tier all NBA talent but because of his contract and health issues is currently untradeable but he is all star worthy. When he returns and plays 25-30 minutes and gives us 15 and 8 and makes the team that much more deadly folks will come around.

vCash
    Melo in the allstar game. Novak and Kidd in the 3 point contest. Pablo rookie game. Smith in the dunk contest. NYK takeover.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    No chance Tyson gets in as a starter, and that's primarily because centers aren't a option on the ballot.

Starters will be....

Deron Wade Melo LeBron Bosh

Now as far as the reserves go, I can see Tyson getting the nod, especially if the Knicks are at worst 2nd seed.

Not like he has any comp out there.

vCash
    We are getting a little greedy. We really have no one else that is really deserving. Tyson maybe if he keeps up his recent play. Remember that time when we had no all-stars besides David Lee for like a decade??? Having Melo start is good enough for me.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    We are getting a little greedy. We really have no one else that is really deserving. Tyson maybe if he keeps up his recent play. Remember that time when we had no all-stars besides David Lee for like a decade??? Having Melo start is good enough for me.
    How are we getting greedy?

STAT started for the Knicks two years ago. Melo started last year. And I'd put money on the fact if STAT was healthy this year he would've been a shoe-in to start alongside Melo and LeBron.

You can't dismiss the fact Amare has a strong chance at starting because of the fans and the fact that Bosh has never been popular enough to be voted into the starting lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    Stat might sneak in well atleast I hope
    that would be straight gangster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewmania View Post
    12pts 9rebs and shooting 71%, thats pretty good especially doing it on a team as packed as NY when andy is on a team full of scrubs and his team sucks so of course his numbers will look a whole lot better due to his touches

the way the coaches vote I see tyson chandler getting that spot faster than andy... maybe not lopez since hes having on of his best seasons

but for some reason I see chandler getting it especially if Brooklyn starts to slow down and face harder teams
    Tyson had a much stronger case last season and still wasn't an all-star.

Their are simply to many front court players this year that will get the nod before him.
    He had the most efficient season ever last year had it counted and wasn't an all-star. Why is this year any different?

It's pretty clear LeBron, Melo, Bosh, Lopez, and Andy V are likely all-stars than him this year.
    Last edited by 29$JerZ; 12-01-2012 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    The more and more I think about it Amare will be super vital to us, just hope he is in top form in the playoffs. Amare no more than 30 minutes this season please. Cant wait to see him play with our three pgs and shooters. Amare and Chandler lets see how the work out together because that is the key dynamic.

vCash
    Andy V ?????4real

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Tyson had a much stronger case last season and still wasn't an all-star.

Their are simply to many front court players this year that will get the nod before him.
    He had the most efficient season ever last year had it counted and wasn't an all-star. Why is this year any different?

It's pretty clear LeBron, Melo, Bosh, Lopez, and Andy V are likely all-stars than him this year.
    I don't think our team was good enough last season for Tyson to get the credit he deserved. I think coaches and players respect what he does out there far more than some on this board. You hear nothing but rave reviews from guys who have played with or coached Tyson - be it in the Olympics or NBA. Being selected starting C on Team USA says a lot about how much he is revered by his peers.

All Star selection has never been fair, the best guys don't always make it, the sexy names on the best teams do. That is why Andy V. has no shot, and that is why Tyson does.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    If the Knicks are seeded 1-2 by the all star break and Chandler is averaging 12pts 12rbs he should be there, especially if he keeps his offensive percentages going. But the Knick's starters are barely playing the fourth quarter which would allow Chandler to string enough rebounds to improve his rebounding and block numbers... We are going to have to see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    If the Knicks are seeded 1-2 by the all star break and Chandler is averaging 12pts 12rbs he should be there, especially if he keeps his offensive percentages going. But the Knick's starters are barely playing the fourth quarter which would allow Chandler to string enough rebounds to improve his rebounding and block numbers... We are going to have to see
    If the Knicks are seeded one or two, reserves will feature some Knicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    How are we getting greedy?

STAT started for the Knicks two years ago. Melo started last year. And I'd put money on the fact if STAT was healthy this year he would've been a shoe-in to start alongside Melo and LeBron.

You can't dismiss the fact Amare has a strong chance at starting because of the fans and the fact that Bosh has never been popular enough to be voted into the starting lineup.
    If he did he probably wouldn't have deserved it.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Didn't they make it 2 guards 3 forwards? There's no way in hell Chandler's making the team

What I'm dying to see is James White in the dunk contest. It'd be a travesty if he wasn't a participant

2014-2015 New York Knicks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast