Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Who has the best chance in making the All-Star team besides the given in Melo?

Melo's a lock to start on the All-Star team.

After that, it's a little fuzzy. Amare normally is a lock, but last year had an injury prone season. If he comes back and dominates, I could see him grabbing the 3rd starter frontcourt vote via the fans.

Keep in mind an important tidbit is that Amare was 3rd in frontcourt voting (after you take away Howard) and that Bynum is maybe out for the season. And Amare was still third, even with a terrible, awful season.

Otherwise, I see him with an outside chance to prove his worth for a coaches vote on the All-Star bench.

But out of the active players right now, if the Knicks keep pace at their 11-4 record, coaches usually feel a team like that deserves a second All-Star.

You'd have to say Chandler. After a poor start (which he openly admitted last night his body wasn't right), he's playing excellent D, averaging 12 and 9 and shooting 70%.

I could see him making it as a backup finally. Might have to bump up those numbers to 12 and 10. He deserves it after a hard working career. And won DPOY last year.
    Last edited by NYSpirit1; 12-01-2012 at 02:02 PM.

vCash
    I think Chandler is gonna make it after Melo. Was hoping JR would make it but I don't think that's likely now unless he rips it up from here on.

vCash
    No one.
    Chandler doesn't deserve an all-star vote before Andy V, Lopez and Bosh

We have no other stars so Melo will be the only one repping the Knicks at the All-star game. I'm hoping to see Pablo in the Rookie game and and Novak/Smith both at the 3 point contest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    No one.

We have no other stars so Melo will be the only one repping the Knicks at the All-star game. I'm hoping to see Pablo in the Rookie game and and Novak/Smith both at the 3 point contest.
    You can't really say that. Bosh will get a backup big man spot or start (if Amare doesn't get the votes). That leaves two open spots on the bench if he did start. Andy V's team is awful and who knows if he keeps this up. Lopez doesn't play much defense or rebound, but is an excellent scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    You can't really say that. Bosh will get a backup big man spot or start (if Amare doesn't get the votes). That leaves two open spots on the bench if he did start. Andy V's team is awful and who knows if he keeps this up. Lopez doesn't play much defense or rebound, but is an excellent scorer.
    I can say that. It's officially a front court roster now, no set position so Bosh can/will start at C for the game.

Melo/LeBron/Bosh will be the front court.
    Backups should be Andy V and Lopez as of now.
    Chandler has done nothing all-star worthy this season.

vCash
    I can say that. It's officially a front court roster now, no set position so Bosh can/will start at C for the game.

Although I agree with you that Chandler won't make the team, I disagree with you on the statement that he hasn't done anything all-star worthy- shooting 72% from the field and 78% from the line is pretty solid. Also, if this past week is any indication of how he'll continue to play then he actually might have a shot.

vCash

12pts 9rebs and shooting 71%, thats pretty good especially doing it on a team as packed as NY when andy is on a team full of scrubs and his team sucks so of course his numbers will look a whole lot better due to his touches

the way the coaches vote I see tyson chandler getting that spot faster than andy... maybe not lopez since hes having on of his best seasons

but for some reason I see chandler getting it especially if Brooklyn starts to slow down and face harder teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewmania View Post
    12pts 9rebs and shooting 71%, thats pretty good especially doing it on a team as packed as NY when andy is on a team full of scrubs and his team sucks so of course his numbers will look a whole lot better due to his touches

the way the coaches vote I see tyson chandler getting that spot faster than andy... maybe not lopez since hes having on of his best seasons

but for some reason I see chandler getting it especially if Brooklyn starts to slow down and face harder teams
    Tyson had a much stronger case last season and still wasn't an all-star.

Their are simply to many front court players this year that will get the nod before him.
    He had the most efficient season ever last year had it counted and wasn't an all-star. Why is this year any different?

It's pretty clear LeBron, Melo, Bosh, Lopez, and Andy V are likely all-stars than him this year.
    Last edited by 29$JerZ; 12-01-2012 at 09:11 PM.

vCash
    No one.

I was Jr, before our losing streak. If he can get his average back up to 18 PPG on 45% shooting he has a good chance of making it especially if our record is similar percentage wise as it is now. Wade is the only clear cut SG ahead of him and even he wasn't ahead of him before our losing streak.

vCash
    No one outside of Melo should make an all star appearance IMO. I also believe Lebron, Melo, and Bosh have to start which will make things difficult to add more centers like Chandler. Lopez and Hortford make it over Chandler and maybe even Noah and Andy V. I actually believe Lopez should start, maybe that helps but it would put out a funky lineup.

Honestly who even cares, we have an older team, let them get rest.

vCash
    Melo in the All Star Game
    Novak and J.R. in the 3 pt contest
    James White in the dunk contest
    Prigioni in the rookies game

That is what I'd like to see.

vCash
    I used to care but I hope all our players rest up and I hope Melo declines to participate.

vCash
    If melo doesnt start on this team Im killing 20 people

Just FYI

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Melo's going to start. I think fans are pretty smart, LBJ, Melo and Rondo are three players that should be starting if the game was today.

I think Chandler has a good chance to be picked by coaches over Bropez/KG/Vero if he starts getting those boards and tears the league for 70% shooting like he is showing over the last 3 games(and most of last season).

I think Felton has a 1% chance if he strings together a 18 and 8 first half again with Dwill looking sub par so far and Jrue as a starter in my eyes.

As of today I voted:
    Duncan
    Love(small sample)
    KD
    Kobe
    Harden

Bosh
    Melo
    LBJ
    Jrue
    Rondo

Last edited by Anji; 12-01-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Jr should be in the dunk contest.

Born a Knick Live a Knick Die a Knick
    Knicks-Jets-Yanks-Chris Paul-St.Johns-Duke Fan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast