Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    He was a murderer, and he orphaned his kid. Respect? I don't think so.

-Stork
    Agreed!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider in FL View Post
    Picture this. A close relative of yours, perhaps a brother, has an undiagnosed mental health issue and does the same thing. I'm standing next to you and I say "What a douchebag" or "He should have done the world a favor and killed himself long ago". Would you not think that those comments would be a lack of class and compassion towards you, the surviving family and your brother? Think about it. If not, then maybe you should change your name to themaddork. It would be more fitting. I'm done reading your BS as well.
    Belcher was your brother? My sympathies. But if my brother pulled that stunt, no one in the world would be angrier at him than I.

At least my BS isn't sanctimony. Dork, eh? How very clever of you.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    BG please close this
    It's getting too personal.
    Widow, I have to explain that suicide is very unforgiving, and even more horrendous when taking one's life with you. I spent 20 years in the Air Force, and now I'm currently working for the Air Force, a total now of 31 years, We've had numerous suicide cases on this base alone, not once has it not been mentioned that it's a very selfless act. A Master Sgt committed suicide back in 2008 here, left kids behind, and he was actually decorated for it, go figure why a man was recognized after committing such an act. you did start this thread, I don't know what kind of responses you expected, but now you realize there is a lot of controversial views from others surrounding this subject.

vCash
    Belcher deserves as much respect as Scott Peterson is/was shown. He shot her SEVERAL times, not just once, over an argument? If he had some type of mental illness it would have been seen by others. Seems he had an anger problem, still no reason for MURDER. I have 2 daughters, if this happened to one of them I would kill him myself. If he didn't take his own life how would you feel about the man? He'd be a POS murderer and nothing more. But because he killed himself we should show respect? No thanks.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    What happens when you don't respect the deceased? NOTHING. What happens when you respect the deceased? NOTHING. I feel for the families involved but not for the murderer. The world doesn't need another murdering POS locked up in jail for life. Killing himself was the best thing he did all day. Either way, alive or dead, his kid still doesn't have her parents. In jail he would just take up space and waste tax payers dollars. Plus all the time and money for a trial to prove what we already know.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    A couple of things:

This is a controversial discussion topic, it will yield controversial responses. If a person starts a thread with this topic or replies in kind its not the place to impose their views of morality, I have been guilty of that in the past btw, and this discussion has enlightened me so to speak as I am still a new(er) father. BW, you didn't start this thread for posterity, you started it to open a discussion, allow it to take its course...

If I offended someone, I am sorry, that's not my intent, but I don't recall calling anyone else here a douchebag other than the piece of garbage that murdered his girlfriend. I am a father of two daughters and those events are a fathers worst nightmare. In another thread NavajoRaiderfan commented that you cannot legislate morality, thats very fitting for the topic at hand.

Stork, you want to call me Joesy or Uncle Joe, go right ahead, but your off the mark with the Swami accusations.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 12-02-2012 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    for once I can agree with Snake. A murderer is just that, a murderer, and deserves no respect. I also have 2 daughters and one shares the name of the woman killed. Maybe that's why I take it so personally.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Belcher deserves nothing! He should have went to the woman he murders father and let him kill him.. Not everyone has mental issues. People use it as an excuse. Had he not killed himself would you still feel bad for him? Get over it.. Hes a punk and couldn't man up to what he did.. Close this crap!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king_eastwick View Post
    Even if you dont respect the guy, show some respect for the murdered girlfriend, the orphaned child, and the families of both of these people who lost their lives. All the attention is focused on the player, there are more parties involved and that is the thing everyone seems to forget.
    This is my whole point.

Some of y'all need to get off that pedestal and chill.

No one is ever in their right mind when they kill someone or themselves, hence the term "crime of passion." Some people just snap and literally go crazy.

Honestly this is all a matter of opinion.

I'm done.
    Last edited by BlackWidow; 12-02-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    This is my whole point.

Some of y'all need to get off that pedestal and chill.

No one is ever in their right mind when they kill someone or themselves, hence the term "crime of passion." Some people just snap and literally go crazy.

Honestly this is all a matter of opinion.

I'm done.
    Thats right. It is a matter of opinion, and its of my opinion that no-none should short sell what this is. A heinous crime by a member of society's trash bin.

vCash
    Alright, I kept this open hoping there would be more sympathy/thoughts and prayers for the families of the deceased. But it's turning into another Jr Seau type thread so I'm going to have to close it.

Before I do so, I'm going to say this though. My thoughts and prayers are with families of both Belcher and his girlfriend because they need the strength, especially the daughter. This is unfortunate and as much as I'd like to say what I feel about what he did, I won't.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234