Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Wilson

vCash

Brian Wilson

Non-tendered by SF yesterday. I think he would be a great signing. Give him a 1 year deal, with a couple team option years. Great closer, and could get him for relatively cheap. This would also give Rondon extra time in the minors, or he could be sent away in a trade, in which case, just give Brian an extension

vCash
    Ya. I think he would be a solid fit and should come at a incentive laden deal. Another quality arm.

vCash
    We need a lot of help in the bp so of course I would like the Tigers to look at him.

vCash
    Tbh, I'm sick of these high profile closers who create antics every time they are on the mound.

vCash
    A one year deal is okay but his antics will get old after a while, just like Jose Valverde's did.

vCash
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    As long as you put in his contact he must be shaven at all times in ok with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    Ya. I think he would be a solid fit and should come at a incentive laden deal. Another quality arm.
    Wilson may never pitch effectively again. He is not ready for mound duties, let-alone game duties. He is healing at a snail's pace and the prognosis is cloudy.

Pass.

vCash
    I don't see him being any more effective than Valverde was last year. Not sure if I am open to another year of all flash/no results.

As of now, I am game with seeing what Rondon can do. Get another solid arm and go by committee if you have to. I don't see Wilson being the answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Tbh, I'm sick of these high profile closers who create antics every time they are on the mound.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Wilson may never pitch effectively again. He is not ready for mound duties, let-alone game duties. He is healing at a snail's pace and the prognosis is cloudy.

Pass.

Thank you. The way to put together a solid bullpen is not by overpaying blown out RPs. And that stupid beard thing ...

vCash
    yeah for sure. I'm perfectly fine with rolling out Rondon in the 9th and seeing if his 102 mph heater can get the job done. If that means Ilitch can spend his pizza money somewhere else, all the better

vCash
    I like the idea of Rondon closing too, but I'm worried about the prospects of him being horrible. I'm not sure who we have on deck in case he's not ready

edit: something just worries me about Rondon's rise, I'm too drunk to articulate what I mean, but I don't want to bank on him.
    Last edited by GuySir; 12-03-2012 at 02:38 AM.

vCash
    Last I read on Wilson a few days ago in a Frisco newspaper is he was throwing 60 feet maximum on flat land-only.

Still a work-in-progress. Many that undergo their 2nd TJ Surgery, are never the same again.

vCash
    I would rather bank on rondon than give the bank to another closer who will fall in line with the high profile closers we have had of late who get paid a lot to put me on the edge of my seat in the 9th.

vCash
    Honestly, I would have liked to have seen the Tigers scoop up Soria. Prior to his injury, he was about as money as anyone not named Rivera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast