Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A.J. Pierzynski

vCash

A.J. Pierzynski

Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com hears that the Dodgers have emerged as a potential suitor of A.J. Pierzynski.
    The Dodgers tried to sign Pierzynski two offseasons ago before the White Sox swooped in to re-sign him. A.J. Ellis had a pretty nice year in 2012, but with the Dodgers trying to become World Series contenders in 2013, they would likely view Pierzynski as an upgrade. The soon-to-be 36-year-old batted .278 with a career-high 27 homers in 2012.

Source:http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/2685/aj-pierzynski

Thoughts?

vCash
    Both A.J.'s can battle it out in spring training.

vCash
    I think this is a move they need to stay away from doing, Ellis is doing more than fine as our catcher and this would just wrap us up in a potential nother bad contract, PASS
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    as long as its no more than 2 years why not?

vCash

Dodgers interested in AJ Pierzynski

The Dodgers are suitors for free agent catcher A.J. Pierzynski, reports Jon Heyman of CBS Sports. "People familiar with [the Dodgers'] situation suggested not to rule [Pierzynski] out as a possibility," writes Heyman, who notes that L.A. general manager Ned Colletti almost signed Pierzynski as a free agent two years ago before the catcher re-signed with the White Sox.

Pierzynski had new career highs in homers (27) and OPS (.827) in 2012, putting the veteran in good shape for a multiyear contract even though he turns 36 in December. While Pierzynski and the White Sox share some mutual interest in a new contract, it seems as if the two sides are ready to move on as Chicago has young catcher Tyler Flowers ready to take over behind the plate. That said, Pierzynski's departure also seemed imminent after the 2010 season before he re-upped with the White Sox.

If the Dodgers were to sign Pierzynski, it could make a trade candidate of current Los Angeles catcher A.J. Ellis, who had an impressive .270/.373/.414 slash line in 505 plate appearances last season. The likelier scenario is that Ellis becomes Pierzynski's backup, relegating incumbent backup Tim Federowicz back to the minors.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#LcM1fJ3wUjIpwzdp.99
    Yep

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    though others saw a possible 2 AJ tandem, #dodgers officials suggest a run at pierzynski is unlikely.
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    I'd rather use that money to go after greinke.

vCash
    What more does our current AJ have to do to prove his worth? Jesus.

Spend that money on pitching for christ sake.

vCash
    Ned never ceases to amaze me.

vCash
    Who isn't the dodgers interested in??

vCash
    Im not saying I want him but I wouldn't be mad if we got him for a short-term deal I want GREINKE before anybody...
    I love that were linked to every player though it sends a message that we are indeed "in it to win it."

vCash
    I'm only really interested in Greinke and Ryu, beyond that, I think we can work with our current squad
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    I'm only really interested in Greinke and Ryu, beyond that, I think we can work with our current squad
    For the first time I agree with u. Greinke and Ryu is all I want for a happy Dodger christmas.

vCash
    Dodgers could be positioning themselves to move Ellis in a package for a pitcher, paving the way for T Fed to backup Pierzynski and take over in a year or two.

It actually makes a lot of sense if you remove loyalty to Ellis from the equation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    For the first time I agree with u. Greinke and Ryu is all I want for a happy Dodger christmas.
    I agree with both of you.
    Kershaw
    Greinke
    Billingsley
    Beckett
    Ryu

That would be nasty
    Any other offseason move will just be gravy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast