Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    that depends if the giants offer the most, i think he can expect a deal similar to Ryan Madson.

Though i think he feels insulted by the giants, so that's what makes me believe that he will be somewhere else, probably Anaheim or Boston
    I'm not quite sure why people keep comparing his situation to Madson. Madson had his surgery like over a month before (which is a big deal) and was only his first TJ surgery. Wilson will work harder then anyone else in baseball to get healthy, but that doesn't mean he can do it by the beginning of the season. I honestly would be shocked if Wilson can be fully back before late May/early June. 3.5 guarenteed is a LOT for missing over a month and not sure how he will respond the rest of the season.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    There's going to be a lot of teams interested in him. I think his ego will want to close, so he may not necessarily just jump on the biggest offer.

I don't know that there is a contender looking for a closer other than Detroit though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    that depends if the giants offer the most, i think he can expect a deal similar to Ryan Madson.

Though i think he feels insulted by the giants, so that's what makes me believe that he will be somewhere else, probably Anaheim or Boston
    If he's going to get 3.5M then I think the Giants are going to re-sign him. The only reason he's a free agent right now is because he wants something around what he made last year (8.5M).

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Wilson to the NYM

vCash
    I just don't see the Angels ponying up 3+ million for two pitchers coming off TJ. They'd be better off spending a little more money and another year or two and go after Sean Burnett to go alongside Downs as lefthanders in the bullpen. If the Giants and Cardinals have provedanything the last 3 years, its having a matchup bullpen that is invaluable in the playoffs. Sometimes even more then just have guys that strictly pitch the 7th, 8th , or 9th innings.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    Wilson to the NYM
    One can only hope ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d79cheese View Post
    I just don't see the Angels ponying up 3+ million for two pitchers coming off TJ. They'd be better off spending a little more money and another year or two and go after Sean Burnett to go alongside Downs as lefthanders in the bullpen. If the Giants and Cardinals have provedanything the last 3 years, its having a matchup bullpen that is invaluable in the playoffs. Sometimes even more then just have guys that strictly pitch the 7th, 8th , or 9th innings.
    The angels need to get another lefty regardless of wilson or anyone else

vCash
    Josh Outman lol

vCash
    Or Wandy Rodriguez

vCash
    I don't really understand the comparison from Brian Wilson to Ryan Madson. they shouldn't be in the same category just because they both had TJ surgery.
    Madson has 52 career saves, Wilson has 171 career saves.
    Madson has 26 career blown saves, Wilson has 25 career blown saves.
    Madson has 1 good season as a closer, with 32 saves in 2011.
    Wilson has 4 seasons as closer, with saves of 41, 38, 48, and 36.
    other than TJ surgery, they should not be compared. Wilson is a well proven closer.
    I might not be remembering this correctly, but back in 2010/2009 were there not multiple opportunities where Madson was given chances to close and he couldn't handle the situation blowing multiple save chances as "the closer"?
    Ryan Madson to me is still just a reliever, where Brian Wilson is a closer.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    Or Wandy Rodriguez
    Wandy's a starter.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I hope we don't re sign him. My heart can't take his pitching style. He comes into a game with a 3 run lead and says, "Lets make this interesting, i'm gonna walk 2, let one steal, then i'll get down to business." It's like the characterized hitter who takes 2 strikes while yawning, then steps in to actually try. Thanks for the memories beard! You'll always have a place in all Giants fans hearts for helping to end the drought and bring us our first title! Good luck where ever you land.

vCash
    Wouldn't mind the Rangers signing Wilson to a 1-year-show-me-your-healthy deal with a team option for a 2nd. We need a couple of RH'ed vet setup guys in front of Nathan. Not sure if he'd settle for a setup role and that kind of deal though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Yankees, him and the New York media is gold.
    he;d have to shave his beard though
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I'd take him on a one year deal here to prove himself(even though we already have two good closers) but I think people are seriously ignoring his arm problems. If you expect the guy you saw a few years ago then you're ignorant. If he was still that guy, he'd still be under contract with the Giants without hesitation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345