Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    do not want.

I think Detroit will go after him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I think he'll end up in Anaheim, or Boston.
    Me too if the angels sign Fukajima we will need 2 more relievers one will need to be left handed, but i think there would be room for him, i would be down to give him 5-6+ incentives to push it up to to 9mil, he could be pretty good for the angels as a 7th, 8th or even the closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenstater View Post
    ??? this statement makes absolutely no sense, your aware of that right? clutch hitting, strong pitching, good Defense and excellent coaching. what does someones personality have anything to do with playing baseball?
    You know, personality was probably the wrong word, i have no idea what he really meant, but i think it was chemistry, and the giants do have good team chemistry, and while a lot of baseball fans do find him annoying as hell, his teammates all seem to like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    Yes, he did.
    in fairness, Wilson wasn't on the team last year, except for like 2 games, and if he was in our bullpen he probably would be the 5-6th option, though that is in part the depth we have in it, and he is coming off surgery.

vCash
    I don't see him coming to the dodgers just because we don't need anyone else for the bull pen, and in fact, when we trade away harang and cap we will probably get a BP guy in return.

vCash
    since fukijawa is going to the cubs i think wilson will be a real target for the angels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Me too if the angels sign Fukajima we will need 2 more relievers one will need to be left handed, but i think there would be room for him, i would be down to give him 5-6+ incentives to push it up to to 9mil, he could be pretty good for the angels as a 7th, 8th or even the closer.

You know, personality was probably the wrong word, i have no idea what he really meant, but i think it was chemistry, and the giants do have good team chemistry, and while a lot of baseball fans do find him annoying as hell, his teammates all seem to like him.

in fairness, Wilson wasn't on the team last year, except for like 2 games, and if he was in our bullpen he probably would be the 5-6th option, though that is in part the depth we have in it, and he is coming off surgery.
    i agree. he was a good teamate and really good to the fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenstater View Post
    i agree. he was a good teamate and really good to the fans.
    i think many baseball fans find his schtick annoying, but his teammates all seemed to like him.

P.S. i know i have the least room to talk out of anyone, and i assume it was just a typo so don't take this the wrong way, but teammate is spelled with two M's not one.

vCash
    I think Detroit will sign him.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Giants still want to re-up with Wilson. They're thinking about a lower 1 year deal with incentives.

vCash
    I want him in Boston, then Swisher too

Him, Pedroia and Swish would be ****ing hysterical

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Giants still want to re-up with Wilson. They're thinking about a lower 1 year deal with incentives.
    Wilson seems pretty insulted by being non-tendered, I don't think he'll even talk to the Giants unless no one else makes him a half decent offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    His loss.
    just like it will be scutaro's loss, and pagan's loss, and next year it will be pences loss?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    just like it will be scutaro's loss, and pagan's loss, and next year it will be pences loss?
    Pagan, yes. The rest no. I still think Scutaro returns and same with Pence if he produces like he has the past several years.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Dodgers not expected to pursue Wilson

Brian Wilson might want to pitch for the Dodgers, but it appears the interest isn't mutual.

The colorful and magnificently bearded closer wasn't tendered a contract for next season by the San Francisco Giants, making him a free agent. Wilson lives in Los Angeles in the off-season, and the Dodgers are among the teams with which he would like to sign, according to multiple reports.

Though the Dodgers won't publicly comment on free agents, people familiar with team officials' thinking say they aren't looking to sign Wilson.

Wilson pitched in only two games this year, as he underwent reconstructive elbow surgery in April. Wilson could sign an incentive-laden deal similar to the one Ryan Madson signed with the Angels. Madson, who underwent a similar procedure, is guaranteed $3.5 million and could earn another $3.5 million in roster bonuses and performance-based incentives.

With Brandon League, Kenley Jansen and Ronald Belisario under club control, the back of the Dodgers' bullpen appears to be close to set. The Dodgers continue to look for bullpen help, but are primarily focused on adding a left-hander. They have also talked to the Pittsburgh Pirates about Joel Hanrahan, but a trade appears unlikely, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Dodgers executives were traveling on Sunday to baseball’s winter meetings in Nashville. The meetings are scheduled to run from Monday through Thursday.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodger...Dodgers+Now%29

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Wilson will rationalize the situation soon when teams arent willing to commit guarenteed money to a pitcher coming off his 2nd TJ surgery. He will be back with the Giants next season.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d79cheese View Post
    Wilson will rationalize the situation soon when teams arent willing to commit guarenteed money to a pitcher coming off his 2nd TJ surgery. He will be back with the Giants next season.
    that depends if the giants offer the most, i think he can expect a deal similar to Ryan Madson.

Though i think he feels insulted by the giants, so that's what makes me believe that he will be somewhere else, probably Anaheim or Boston

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast