Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Holy crap. Can you actually check all your sources before claiming Heyman is right? The guy is an idiot. I can find 5 sources saying Yanks never offered Martin a contract.
    Exactly.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post

Certainly you speak truth in this matter but in being honest Cashman has demonstrated quite a plethora of ineptitude all by his lonesome.

We can start with fritting away our greatest offensive prospect not named Cano since Jeter for...................and work backwards from there.

Cashman gets a lot of overrated credit for pulling off David Justice when all reports indicate that that deal basically fell out of the sky from Cleveland and only an idiot would second guess that coming across their table.

Granted George was out on suspension while Michael, Watson, and Showalter laid the seeds for the dynasty lineups, but he was certainly back in the picture from 1995-98 before the esteemed tenure of one Mssr. Brian Cashman and managed to make the necessary moves to put us over the top such as Cone, Fielder, Sierra, Raines, Williams, Polonia, and for factual fidelity, Cashman wasn't hired as full time GM until February of 1998 well after the deals for Brosius and Knoblauch were in the pipeline.

So yes, I agree that Hal and Levine are basically clown shoes management types, but Cashmans resume goes back A LOT further than theirs.....

Wow!

Never thought I'd live to see the day that that analogy come out in a PSD thread. Nice!

but cashman isnt to blame for having to lower to 189, he may have made blunders or not better prepared for this before but its hard to do so when everyone wants big talent, everyone saw the yankees as an unlimited bank account so they signed them to long term contracts now cashman is forced to play bargain GM even if you think his moves are dumb he is not the culprit of the expensive old team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Nice.

And I agree that Martin is a good riddance situation.

Just a suggestion though...........try to separate your thoughts out into paragraphs.....much easier to read.
    If I ever do this for a living I will keep that in mind

vCash
    no matter what GM they bring we would be stuck on getting band aids, i dont get the point, we cant trade teix, arod, cc, jeter, trade value of guys that we can trade granderson and hughes wouldnt net us enough to fill the needs we do have, trading away the small amount of prpospects we do have for a temp fix just hurts us down the road, trading cano would be the ideal move but it would be a PR hit and the yankee brass wont allow it

so I think people here are very unrealistic in how we are really stuck.

management wont say we are, they wont say hey, we are low on money and moves, they will play the We are the yankees card look out for us, we are still capable of a lot, but they really cant.

So any suggestion that is brought up in a forum is useless cause you guys are just fans not scouts or executives that work for the yankees and theres no quick easy fix but to wait it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    no matter what GM they bring we would be stuck on getting band aids, i dont get the point, we cant trade teix, arod, cc, jeter, trade value of guys that we can trade granderson and hughes wouldnt net us enough to fill the needs we do have, trading away the small amount of prpospects we do have for a temp fix just hurts us down the road, trading cano would be the ideal move but it would be a PR hit and the yankee brass wont allow it

so I think people here are very unrealistic in how we are really stuck.

management wont say we are, they wont say hey, we are low on money and moves, they will play the We are the yankees card look out for us, we are still capable of a lot, but they really cant.

So any suggestion that is brought up in a forum is useless cause you guys are just fans not scouts or executives that work for the yankees and theres no quick easy fix but to wait it out.
    There is nothing un realistic on how bad we are stuck and anybody can be traded but you have to come to terms there is no such thing as equal value at the time of the trade you have to be looking to dump salary and hope your scouts got lucky with what you got back and its obvious everybody on here are fans thats what this is here for to waste time during the day and talk about your team so have a good time at the winter meetings with all the other executives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorecurry View Post
    There is nothing un realistic on how bad we are stuck and anybody can be traded but you have to come to terms there is no such thing as equal value at the time of the trade you have to be looking to dump salary and hope your scouts got lucky with what you got back and its obvious everybody on here are fans thats what this is here for to waste time during the day and talk about your team so have a good time at the winter meetings with all the other executives
    how are we dumping salary when the main guys who have us in a fold are Arod - jeter - cc -and teix and the contract they will give cano

only one guy can be moved and they wont cause hes our current best player

vCash
    I love what they are doing stop paying guys that aren't worth it! We need a right handed hitter, to bad we didn't get Hunter but the same time we need to get younger! Hopefully winter meetings lead to someone. Go Yanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    George Steinbrenner and his two moronic cant run a baseball team sons are the reason we are in this situtation. Not cashman.
    George was the most successful owner in pro sports. He was far from perfect but look at the empire the man built. Far from a moron.

Chuck you do realize that one year deals are so we can get under the $189 million dollar budget right? This is not going to be permanent.

vCash
    ten year deals for everyone!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    can it be 2014 already

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    i doubt cashman is doing nothing, hes doing something about it, he is signing 1 year deals to put the team in a better position to reach the 189$

and still have wiggle room to make moves once the 189 mark hits

cashman shouldnt aim at 189, he should aim below 189 say 160 to 170 that way he has the room to make signings or trades to fill holes that we may need now but might need in the future

this isnt cashmans mess, he was all for letting arod go when he opted out. Im not saying he doesnt have his share of blames cause he does but cashman isnt ruining this team, hes trying to fix it. the same way sandy anderson isnt the reason the mets are in their mess , he gets the blame yet hes just trying to fix it, not be cheap
    I get that. I know he was put in a tough spot. I just don't see how one year deals get you down to 189. that's what they're doing now, they're not any cheaper. a multi year deal with a lower per year cost is more effective in getting under the luxury tax than picking up a huge option for one year, then forcing yourself to find a replacement for him the very next year.

vCash
    the other thing is a lot of people are using the argument that if george were still alive this wouldn't happen because he only cared about winning and not making money. that's not entirely true. george knew if he could create the biggest brand name in sports he would make more money than he knew what to do with. so while throwing money away on a luxury tax is a bad business model, so is diminishing the product your selling. I don't live in new york so in the end I could care less, but it does piss me off in a way that they're planning on making the same amount of money while reducing the quality of the team. Again, I'm all for getting under 189, but they got to do a better job of doing it than this.

vCash
    Yankees never wanted Martin, I think

vCash
    The year Hamilton hits free agency is the year the Yankees cannot spend. I smell conspiracy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    The year Hamilton hits free agency is the year the Yankees cannot spend. I smell conspiracy!
    Could it be that you pooped yourself while coming up with that? it would explain the odor...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast