Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    And Cashman said no offer was made. Martin too. I'm pretty sure one is the general mgr , one is the player and one is a scribe making $40k a year.

You choose...
    It's just a matter of who/what you choose to believe. I choose to believe that in the off-seasons ninja-mode is in full affect and believe little of what gets said, especially after-the-fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    It's for one season. And even then, your post is wrong. He offered Martin a multiyear deal.
    Quite sure he didn't. The reports I read said that Cash told Martin they didn't have enough money to compete with the Pirates, which tells me he did not offer a multi year deal, if any deal at all. Not sure what we're gonna do about a catcher, but I'd rather not have a broken-backed Romine, C-Stew and Cervi lead our new catcher platoon.

My take: it's unfortunate that we can't be spoiled with big contracts this offseason, and perhaps our team of 30+ year old veterans can get it done, but I just don't think that losing Swisher and Martin and then keeping the same roster pretty much will help us get to the World Series any better than last year. In fact, did we get there with the last 3 years' rosters? Nope. I think 2014 is our year. Hopefully Cash and the Steinbrenners go all in on some top names, hopefully at least one or two.
    Last edited by Decimotox; 12-01-2012 at 01:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    What the headline of this thread should be:
    7chuck7 ruining the board with one ridiculous post

What the message should say:
    So everyone is all pumped up that a new thread is on the board? It looks good at face value. However there is going to be a ton of top moderators who cross this thread off the list.

Unless they start banning trolls, get used to a terrible board or worse for the next decade
    This thread is about Brian Cashman possibly ruining the Yanks roster for years to come. If you think it is anything than that you have not understood it. You running around the forum with 120 posts under your belt calling someone a troll is a joke. If you don't like a thread just find another one. There is no reason for you to be insulting...which by the way is against forum rules. Just be nice.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    George Steinbrenner and his two moronic cant run a baseball team sons are the reason we are in this situtation. Not cashman.

vCash
    Who cares who offered Martin what. Or didnt offer Martin. He's gone. Personally I hope they stay away from free agents and spend on player development.

vCash
    not sure why people are calling it a dumb thread, there's a lot of truth to it. how the hell are they going to get under 189 and fill all the holes they've created for themselves next year? no kidding it's early, but the mentality is already set it. don't just blame george either. if cashman's only solution for the problem is to do nothing, he's an idiot too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    And Jon Heyman said they offered 2 years 12-14 million to Martin.
    Holy crap. Can you actually check all your sources before claiming Heyman is right? The guy is an idiot. I can find 5 sources saying Yanks never offered Martin a contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Who cares who offered Martin what. Or didnt offer Martin. He's gone. Personally I hope they stay away from free agents and spend on player development.
    The two aren't inter-connected. They can do both, easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    not sure why people are calling it a dumb thread, there's a lot of truth to it. how the hell are they going to get under 189 and fill all the holes they've created for themselves next year? no kidding it's early, but the mentality is already set it. don't just blame george either. if cashman's only solution for the problem is to do nothing, he's an idiot too
    i doubt cashman is doing nothing, hes doing something about it, he is signing 1 year deals to put the team in a better position to reach the 189$

and still have wiggle room to make moves once the 189 mark hits

cashman shouldnt aim at 189, he should aim below 189 say 160 to 170 that way he has the room to make signings or trades to fill holes that we may need now but might need in the future

this isnt cashmans mess, he was all for letting arod go when he opted out. Im not saying he doesnt have his share of blames cause he does but cashman isnt ruining this team, hes trying to fix it. the same way sandy anderson isnt the reason the mets are in their mess , he gets the blame yet hes just trying to fix it, not be cheap

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    This thread is about Brian Cashman possibly ruining the Yanks roster for years to come. If you think it is anything than that you have not understood it. You running around the forum with 120 posts under your belt calling someone a troll is a joke. If you don't like a thread just find another one. There is no reason for you to be insulting...which by the way is against forum rules. Just be nice.
    ruining the roster for years to come happen when you give big long contracts with no trade clauses having no room to make trades or sign people because you are either maxed or constrained from drafting because of the new CBA

you complain a lot but show no valid points, you are just like the guy who spreads the fart in an elevator and then steps out so everyone has to go on smelling it and accusing the guy next to him for throwing it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    ruining the roster for years to come happen when you give big long contracts with no trade clauses having no room to make trades or sign people because you are either maxed or constrained from drafting because of the new CBA

you complain a lot but show no valid points, you are just like the guy who spreads the fart in an elevator and then steps out so everyone has to go on smelling it and accusing the guy next to him for throwing it
    Farting in elevators is not cool. Especially after a night of drinking and eating deer chili.

vCash
    the guys who ruined the yankees and put cashman in this position are george steinbrenner, his sons and randy levine

Certainly you speak truth in this matter but in being honest Cashman has demonstrated quite a plethora of ineptitude all by his lonesome.

We can start with fritting away our greatest offensive prospect not named Cano since Jeter for...................and work backwards from there.

Cashman gets a lot of overrated credit for pulling off David Justice when all reports indicate that that deal basically fell out of the sky from Cleveland and only an idiot would second guess that coming across their table.

Granted George was out on suspension while Michael, Watson, and Showalter laid the seeds for the dynasty lineups, but he was certainly back in the picture from 1995-98 before the esteemed tenure of one Mssr. Brian Cashman and managed to make the necessary moves to put us over the top such as Cone, Fielder, Sierra, Raines, Williams, Polonia, and for factual fidelity, Cashman wasn't hired as full time GM until February of 1998 well after the deals for Brosius and Knoblauch were in the pipeline.

So yes, I agree that Hal and Levine are basically clown shoes management types, but Cashmans resume goes back A LOT further than theirs.....

Wow!

Never thought I'd live to see the day that that analogy come out in a PSD thread. Nice!
    Last edited by sauronthepower; 12-01-2012 at 03:51 PM.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Has it really come to this we should worry about not signing a catcher who hits 200 and does nothing in the playoffs and trust me Im a Cashman hater he has made bad deal after bad deal and lived off of the once in a lifetime team Gene Micheal and Bob Watson built sorry to say what we had will never happen again how many teams in history have had 5 potential hall of famers come up together like we did in the mid 90s we made amazing trades in wich we got rid of guys that were never heard of again signed big time big game lights out pitchers we spend all of our money on guys past there prime why not invest in our scouting where we dont get charged a luxury tax on devoloping real players this team is in big trouble not just now but for years to come and cashman will be exposed we need a real baseball gm to clean up this mess not a guy with a band aid we did this in the 80s and it was real bad in the end and we are going down the same road if Boston can dump bad contracts so can we break it down and rebuild for another 10 year run we couldnt hit 4th and 5th game starters in the playoffs its time to rebuild!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorecurry View Post
    Has it really come to this we should worry about not signing a catcher who hits 200 and does nothing in the playoffs and trust me Im a Cashman hater he has made bad deal after bad deal and lived off of the once in a lifetime team Gene Micheal and Bob Watson built sorry to say what we had will never happen again how many teams in history have had 5 potential hall of famers come up together like we did in the mid 90s we made amazing trades in wich we got rid of guys that were never heard of again signed big time big game lights out pitchers we spend all of our money on guys past there prime why not invest in our scouting where we dont get charged a luxury tax on devoloping real players this team is in big trouble not just now but for years to come and cashman will be exposed we need a real baseball gm to clean up this mess not a guy with a band aid we did this in the 80s and it was real bad in the end and we are going down the same road if Boston can dump bad contracts so can we break it down and rebuild for another 10 year run we couldnt hit 4th and 5th game starters in the playoffs its time to rebuild!!!!!!!!!

Nice.

And I agree that Martin is a good riddance situation.

Just a suggestion though...........try to separate your thoughts out into paragraphs.....much easier to read.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorecurry View Post
    Periods do wonders.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast