Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    I really hope Cano is traded in the next 3 days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I really hope Cano is traded in the next 3 days.
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You, my friend, have just become my favorite PSD poster.

For what that's worth.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    I've always said that the only reason cashman is concidered a good GM is because of the Yankees big wallet. Now everybody will see how bad he really is. With a limit on payroll he's just going to throw in his towel because he know nothing about baseball, He can't evaluate talent or develope it. He's terrible at trades, does'nt give it extension at the right time like the redsox do with their players to keep at a cheaper rate. Supposedly its a club policy not to give out extensions.

The guy got lucky with have a great core when he started out as GM, and got to spend twice as much other teams. Now people will get to see how great he really is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you, my friend, have just become my favorite psd poster.

For what that's worth.
    :d

vCash
    I'd like to see Cano and Grandy BOTH traded this week in a blockbuster. No idea with who but Grandy is in fixable and cano is due to start breaking down and he doesn't have the fire any more. It's time for him to go. We need a stock pile of talent and would love to see Cano & Grandy head to Seattle? Or somewhere where we can get an *** load in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    I'd like to see Cano and Grandy BOTH traded this week in a blockbuster. No idea with who but Grandy is in fixable and cano is due to start breaking down and he doesn't have the fire any more. It's time for him to go. We need a stock pile of talent and would love to see Cano & Grandy head to Seattle? Or somewhere where we can get an *** load in return.
    I've seen a few proposals here regarding cano and the Nationals. Morse, Espinosa with Cano as the centerpiece, if I remember right and it looked good. I'd be all for trading Granderson as well. I'd even take back an overhaul of prospects for them both. I'd love if we could pry away Jordan Zimmerman from the Nats but I dont see that happening. The only problem with trying to trade Cano and Granderson is said team would only have them for 2013. That could make them both less appealing. Doesnt help Cano is represented by Boras either.
    Last edited by JobaRules26; 12-03-2012 at 10:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    In terms of the current mess you are 100% correct.

However, almost all of us were salivating over Sabathia and Teixeira when they were signed going into 2009. I don't think we should all be hindsight back walking this fact because now we are facing the down side of their career bell curve.

Without ARod there would be NO 2009 championship and Cashman's track record of failure would be one decade and counting.

Yes he is a contractual albatross, yes he will be nothing but a financial drain going forward but Cashman has had 10 years to build around that fact and again seems to lack any semblance of long term franchise vision going forward but prefers (and this situation is not unique to this year or the 189 Hal edict) to employ cheap, c-grade, bargain basement, stop gaps that play as such against superior October competition.

Montero is but one shining example, Joba another, of Cashman being a reactionary instead of a long term visionary.
    we could have been salivating but back then the CBA was different we didnt know and I dont know if owners and gms knew what the new terms were going to be, i doubt they knew because in 2011 they offerreed Lee that huge contract , glad he didnt take it cause we would be in a bigger mess.

As for Arod, who knows if we could have won the WS without him.

the Joba trade would have us having to extend haren before time or pay more for a guy who right now isnt getting a lot of buzz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    we could have been salivating but back then the CBA was different we didnt know and I dont know if owners and gms knew what the new terms were going to be, i doubt they knew because in 2011 they offerreed Lee that huge contract , glad he didnt take it cause we would be in a bigger mess.

As for Arod, who knows if we could have won the WS without him.

the Joba trade would have us having to extend haren before time or pay more for a guy who right now isnt getting a lot of buzz
    In fairness though, not one GM or owner is going to broker or non-broker a deal based on what collective bargaining changes may or may not come down the pike five years down the road.

Also, without Arod's multiple clutch, late- inning, game-changing HR's the Yankees were on pace to lose. I cant say what may or may not have happened otherwise but those specific hits certainly brought the Yankees back from the brink. Without them, there would be no 2009.

I can agree with you on Haren except that this is a hindsight arguement on Haren when at the time he looked quite appealing as did Sabathia and Teixeira when they were signed to turn around the disastrous cost efficiancy experiment of 2008 with Joba, Hughes, and Kennedy.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Tex isn't a great player anymore. Him being in his prime makes it even worse that he is declining as bad as he is right now. His decline has been very much on par with A-Rods the last 3-4 years. At least ARod has an excuse in that he's 37 years old. What is the excuse for Tex?
    ARod's decline is all about an injury, his hip. Tex's decline is about his lack of athleticism and refusal to hit to the opposite field.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567