Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    I really thought Tex would have a great season this past season, but no. I'm afraid he might become what Jason Giambi became at the end of his stint, minus the defense. Like I said, Cashman will be in a tough spot in a couple of years. At some point you have to start thinking about replacing Tex, ARod, Jeter (maybe even this coming season if his ankle doesn't hold up).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I really thought Tex would have a great season this past season, but no. I'm afraid he might become what Jason Giambi became at the end of his stint, minus the defense. Like I said, Cashman will be in a tough spot in a couple of years. At some point you have to start thinking about replacing Tex, ARod, Jeter (maybe even this coming season if his ankle doesn't hold up).
    I understand A-Rod and Jeter, but Teixeira is in his prime. He's a great player. You compare him to Giambi; that is not fair to Tex.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Firstly, I never said A-Rod is killing us defensively, I know he's great 3B, which is something some ppl don't see.

Second, Daric Barton is not Mark Teixeira. Period. Teixeria -- not only brings great talent -- is a presents in the infield. He has that intangibility that not many 1B have.
    Personally, I find the worst argument for a player being something that you claim cannot be measured.

vCash
    I understand A-Rod and Jeter, but Teixeira is in his prime. He's a great player. You compare him to Giambi; that is not fair to Tex.
    It isn't fair.... to Jason Giambi.

vCash
    Well I guess it's not fair...yet. But his numbers have been on the decline every year and this past season was by far his worst as a Yankee. Every spring he talks about how this is the year he's gonna be hot from the get-go and then he hits barely .200 in April and May. I hope I'm wrong, but he didn't look like a player whose best years are still to come this past season.

vCash
    Nunez is the replacement.....He just need extra work on his throwing.....and some work on how to field a ball, besides that he is a hell of a hitter, just think Jason Giambi at SS.
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Nunez is the replacement.....He just need extra work on his throwing.....and some work on how to field a ball, besides that he is a hell of a hitter, just think Jason Giambi at SS.
    Giambi was one of the best offensive players in the game. Nunez is..... well, Nunez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    He has a nice bat, yeah. Depends on whether his fielding problems are just mechanical issues that can be fixed or if they're mental.

vCash
    He has a nice bat, yeah. Depends on whether his fielding problems are just mechanical issues that can be fixed or if they're mental.
    Mental

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Giambi was one of the best offensive players in the game. Nunez is..... well, Nunez.
    Has Nunez ever played a full season? 500-600 at bats?
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    True but Cano will be the sticky situation this year.
    If I haven't made this abundantly clear yet, this should be the test case of Hal's philosophy.

Get rid of him and get rid of him now.

His lackluster approach combined with an assuredly elephantine contract is a recipe for long term disaster.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Tex isn't a great player anymore. Him being in his prime makes it even worse that he is declining as bad as he is right now. His decline has been very much on par with A-Rods the last 3-4 years. At least ARod has an excuse in that he's 37 years old. What is the excuse for Tex?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Aren't we only doing this for one offseason and then we will spend big again?
    That is the speculation. I don't think there was a press conference.

Yankee fans should lay the blame at the feet of Hank Steinbrenner, not Brian Cashman. Cashman is actually in a position similar to Sandy Alderson, both are looking to recover from bloated payrolls and regain flexibility. In Casman's case that means not tying up the payroll with long term contracts, and in anticipation perhaps of having to sign Cano, and adding free agent pitching arms.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    if it wasnt for his spectacular defense, it wouldnt be close that giambi was the better player
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    nunez blows. i cant wiat for the day they trade him
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast