Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Could it be that you pooped yourself while coming up with that? it would explain the odor...
    Could have sharted a bit, when its your own right? Anyways, its not like all this bantering and jibberish is worthwhile, we all going to be dead in 21 days anyway. Eat snacky smores!~

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Could have sharted a bit, when its your own right? Anyways, its not like all this bantering and jibberish is worthwhile, we all going to be dead in 21 days anyway. Eat snacky smores!~
    exactly

vCash
    you do realize that the yanks are doing this for a reason? you do read the post or the daily news or hell you do watch espn? so you should know that the yanks are trying to get to 189 mil. by 2014. offering multi year deals is not in their plans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DGriff23 View Post
    you do realize that the yanks are doing this for a reason? you do read the post or the daily news or hell you do watch espn? so you should know that the yanks are trying to get to 189 mil. by 2014. offering multi year deals is not in their plans.
    That's just smokes screen. As if the Yankees are not going to sign someone to a multi year deal because of one year ? It's not like A-Rod and Teixeira are coming off the books in 2014. It's only Granderson whose only making 11 mill

vCash
    Lets be truthful, though the Yanks are not spending big this offseason, we need to really ask ourselves "who is available that they should want to spend big on?" Once you get past Hamilton (who will command Albert Pujols money), I don't see anyone that would even make me care.

The best of the FA crop signed prior to the end of the season (Cain and Hamels.), so in the end it does not matter anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Lets be truthful, though the Yanks are not spending big this offseason, we need to really ask ourselves "who is available that they should want to spend big on?" Once you get past Hamilton (who will command Albert Pujols money), I don't see anyone that would even make me care.

The best of the FA crop signed prior to the end of the season (Cain and Hamels.), so in the end it does not matter anyway.
    I think Hamilton knows he's not getting Pujols money. I don't think he's even getting a eight-year deal.

vCash
    maybe someone already posted this, but we r offering one yr deals because for the 2014 season we need to b under 189. so if i'm correct, our hands r tied for this & next off season. we will b able to spend again for 2015. but like many said, this off season is barely started, we'll do something. that being said, Romine can probably hit .211, & please bring back Ichiro, we need HITTERS, not Bashers

vCash
    Two reasons I think one year deals are happening(which I am absolutely fine with)

1. Signing a catcher to a long term deal only blocks our catching prospects(outside of Romine whos got a bad back anyway, we really don't have any knocking on the door anyway)

2. RF is going to be a platoon this year, giving some younger guys a shot as well. So we know what we have for 2014. Everyone complains that we don't give young guys a shot..well they are going to be getting them now.

3. Keeps more options of trades open.

So I'm fine with 1 year deals.

I'm also fine with a year or two of rebuilding.

The yankees need to get away from this extremely long term deals with no trade clauses. They are causing this team payroll and flexibility issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    That's just smokes screen. As if the Yankees are not going to sign someone to a multi year deal because of one year ? It's not like A-Rod and Teixeira are coming off the books in 2014. It's only Granderson whose only making 11 mill
    actually he is correct, and its effect all teams, yankees, red sox, etc. the new CBA is in a way a salery cap, you go over it to many times in a row you get penelized with $$$ and potentally draft picks.. so the years of the sox and yankees throwing brinks trucks at FA is coming to an end...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    actually he is correct, and its effect all teams, yankees, red sox, etc. the new CBA is in a way a salery cap, you go over it to many times in a row you get penelized with $$$ and potentally draft picks.. so the years of the sox and yankees throwing brinks trucks at FA is coming to an end...
    At first I was against the new CBA. Never been a fan of punishing success. But after I thought about it, it could mean kids on the farm may be getting more chances to come up and show what they got. Hopefully this will sway all the bandwagon fans I know to a new team.

vCash
    I'm not going to lie. I didn't read most of the posts without any punctuation in this thread.

With that being said, this is not rocket science. the Yankees do 1 year contracts this year, be frugal to get under the 189 and not get taxed out the ***. Once that is over we can spend. It is actually a good time to do this because the free agent market is very weak. Once we get through this one year of 1 year contract vets and scrap heap players we can go back to properly fixing this team. Every year we sign big names and it has given us ONE championship in over a decade. What is one down year going to hurt? We will still make the playoffs.

And please do not talk to me about Hamilton. Signing this guy to ANY kind of lengthy deal is Russian roulette. No one knows what kind of damage he has done to his body through his years of abuse, regardless of his current or future mental state. A lengthy deal is simply NOT worth the gamble. Have we learned nothing from past mistakes? We are all up in arms about Arod, Jeter and soon Teix being over paid with lengthy contracts, so why do we want to do more of that? Simple fact is we don't.

One year and than the real changes will begin. It's a good plan and better than spending like fools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Yankees haven't done anything big in the FA market since 2008 when we got CC, A.J and Tex. All the other years, we only got Soriano, and Granderson was from a trade. So, Yankees don't go nuts every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    So everyone is all pumped up that Cashman is showing his mojo with one year deals. It looks good at face value. However, there is going to be a ton of top players who cross the Yankees off of their lists.

Unless they start offering multi-year deals get used to finishing third or worse for the next decade.
    All these whiny posts drive me crazy This is a very weak FA class, and the amount they are saving by being under the threshold will free up a lot of money when there is a class with more to gain.

PLUS, the one year deals have been to pitchers near or over 40. You wanted them to go longer term? Come on.

vCash
    You realize that there is more to what is happening than just the CBA's new rules. Only 10 years ago, UFA's were getting big contracts with big $$$$. Players were playing well into their late 30's and early 40's.

Since the advent of PED testing, suddenly players are starting to taper off in their 30's again, moreso after age 35. That is now making many of these superstar UFA's less attractive because most are not hitting UFA until 32, 33 years of age, meaning anything more than 2-3 years is nuts. That will make guys like Robbie Cano more valuable because he will hit UFA prior to 30.

Still, it means that buyer beware. GM's should tread very lightly into the UFA markets because anything past age 35 is now getting similar odds as you'd get at a roulette wheel.

The hard part is that we have not seen true UFA without PEDs. Free Agency was much different in the 70's and 80's than today. Still, George picked up many a big name in the 80's that burned the Yanks because they suddenly got OLD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    You realize that there is more to what is happening than just the CBA's new rules. Only 10 years ago, UFA's were getting big contracts with big $$$$. Players were playing well into their late 30's and early 40's.

Since the advent of PED testing, suddenly players are starting to taper off in their 30's again, moreso after age 35. That is now making many of these superstar UFA's less attractive because most are not hitting UFA until 32, 33 years of age, meaning anything more than 2-3 years is nuts. That will make guys like Robbie Cano more valuable because he will hit UFA prior to 30.

Still, it means that buyer beware. GM's should tread very lightly into the UFA markets because anything past age 35 is now getting similar odds as you'd get at a roulette wheel.

The hard part is that we have not seen true UFA without PEDs. Free Agency was much different in the 70's and 80's than today. Still, George picked up many a big name in the 80's that burned the Yanks because they suddenly got OLD.
    Cano will be 31 when he hit's FA.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast