Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I don't ever anticipate him being a great shooter, and I'm not sure he'll ever really range out to the 3 point line, but if he can hit an open 15 footer with some consistency, his value jumps immensely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't ever anticipate him being a great shooter, and I'm not sure he'll ever really range out to the 3 point line, but if he can hit an open 15 footer with some consistency, his value jumps immensely.
    Agree completely. I don't think he'll ever be a great shooter. But if he could be a threat to consistently knock down threes, it would stretch out defenses and really help with floor spacing.

Like Illyasova. The guy is a career 35% shooter from beyond the arc, and really has only had one season where he was a great shooter, last year.

If Luc can become even a 33% 3 pt shooter, then teams can't sag off him the same way that they have in the past. Luc's biggest problem is that he is really a SF who can really only get offense near the hoop, and it tends to clutter things up. As a SF he can still slash, but if he can help space the floor as well, he becomes a much more valuable player.

Luol Deng is a good example of a guy who plays hard, defends and rebounds. The only thing he really brings to the table that Luc doesn't is good jump-shooting.

vCash
    He's never going to be able to shoot the 3 ball. However i did notice much improved mechanics last night and he looked very good out to 15 feet, which is all he needs.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    ^^^And that's pretty much his ceiling. But I'm fine with that. The effort, intensity and intelligence he brings on the defensive end is enough to offset his offensive liability, especially if he can just hit that 15 footer. It allows him to step out of the lane when Jennings or Ellis drives and at least make his defender think about not sagging off him too far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    He's never going to be able to shoot the 3 ball. However i did notice much improved mechanics last night and he looked very good out to 15 feet, which is all he needs.
    See, I don't agree. If his mechanics are good, then it's just a matter of repetitions, and I think Luc is the kind of guy who wants to put the work in.

It's not like guys add a couple feet to their range every year with practice. If the dude just has sound mechanics and shoots a couple hundred a day in the offseason, he should see results.

A couple years ago, Luke Ridnour shot .403% for the Bucks, and the next year shot .478 and .381 from deep. I asked him about his improvement. He said he just examined his mechanics and fixed them with repetitions over the offseason. Took a ton of shots every day, and the results were great.

With Luc, it's won't be a matter of shot selection. He'll really only shoot jumpers when he's open off a pass. If he fixed his mechanics and took a lot of shots, I have no reason to believe that he won't be much improved, and that should include 3 point range. The mechanics don't really change.

vCash
    he seems to be able to hit shoots down in the corner of the court and is always working on em before games i wish he could also expand his shot from the corner to a few more spots also kind of like around the world that you play as a kid but from 15 all the way around
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12