Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHI_Fan412 View Post
    Where would we have even played Colvin at?
    Seriously? We weren't scraping the barrel for guys who could play CF/RF during the season?

vCash
    Just let the guy go. They made a mistake and just move on at this point. People on here should just admit that they were wrong about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    I'm not tearing my hair out over losing Colvin, but even his road OPS last year would have been a nice piece as a lefty 4th OFer who can play CFer.

And seeing as how he's a former first-round pick, he's exactly the kind of reclamation project people usually drool over these days.
    DJ LeMahieu isn't a bum either. He could have provided more flexibility to move Barney. That was a horrendous trade all around. No other way to say it.

vCash
    Hope hes gone, i hate this guy so damn much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    DJ LeMahieu isn't a bum either. He could have provided more flexibility to move Barney. That was a horrendous trade all around. No other way to say it.
    No man. I'm telling you. Stewart's wrist is going to get better any day now. Any day now.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Just a bad trade all around, losing DJ doesn't matter, but Colvin looked solid last year and that blows
    He's garbage outside of Coors.

Home: .338/380/3652/1.032
    Away: .244/.274/.413/.687

vCash
    Neither player is worth losing sleep over. I thought losing Flaherty hurt more than DJ and Colvin, to be honest.
    Screw sabermetics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    He's garbage outside of Coors.

Home: .338/380/3652/1.032
    Away: .244/.274/.413/.687
    A .687 OPS out of a guy who can play CF in a pinch isn't garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Neither player is worth losing sleep over. I thought losing Flaherty hurt more than DJ and Colvin, to be honest.
    DJL > Flaherty

LeMahieu can out defend most players in his sleep. He's going to be one of my favorite utility players in the league, and I bet he ends up doing that job for good teams.

vCash
    But saying he's garbage helps the Stewart sympathizers sleep at night.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    We're defending a sub .690 OPS from a guy who can barely play a premium position? C'mon now, Kyle. The dude's a complete product of Coors and can barely play CF. He's a worse option in CF than DeJesus.

Not even defending the trade, but that kind of production in CF is garbage. Better than Joe Mather? Yes. But still garbage for any sort of team who wants any sort of idea of winning to permeate their brain.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 12-04-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I'll take Stewart over Betancourt
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    We're defending a sub .690 OPS from a guy who can barely play a premium position? C'mon now, Kyle. The dude's a complete product of Coors and can barely play CF. He's a worse option in CF than DeJesus.

Not even defending the trade, but that kind of production in CF is garbage. Better than Joe Mather? Yes. But still garbage for any sort of team who wants any sort of idea of winning to permeate their brain.
    Well, yes. A sub .690 OPS from a guy who can play CF to a -5.9 UZR/150 for his career makes him a valuable player, borderline between bad starter and good bench player.

The "better than Mather" comment was referring to LeMahieu.

We got a .640 OPS out of our CFers last season and .688 OPS out of RF. So even if we go with the idea that his road performance last year was his real ability level, he still would have been an upgrade for us last season.

And that's assuming that his road OPS is his one true ability level. He's got better performances in his background and is a former high pick, exactly the kind of player people are drooling over most of the time these days.

LeMahieu and Colvin were worth 3.8 fWAR last season. We paid Ian Stewart and Joe Mather to roughly $2 million more to provide -1.4 fWAR in the same positions.

It was a horrible, horrible trade.

vCash
    Well, yes. A sub .690 OPS from a guy who can play CF to a -5.9 UZR/150 for his career makes him a valuable player, borderline between bad starter and good bench player.

The "better than Mather" comment was referring to LeMahieu.

We got a .640 OPS out of our CFers last season and .688 OPS out of RF. So even if we go with the idea that his road performance last year was his real ability level, he still would have been an upgrade for us last season.

And that's assuming that his road OPS is his one true ability level. He's got better performances in his background and is a former high pick, exactly the kind of player people are drooling over most of the time these days.

LeMahieu and Colvin were worth 3.8 fWAR last season. We paid Ian Stewart and Joe Mather to roughly $2 million more to provide -1.4 fWAR in the same positions.

It was a horrible, horrible trade.
    The fWAR for Colvin and LeMahieu are highly skewed towards Coors. And you know that. They're probably closer to 1.0-1.5 fWAR at Wrigley. So honestly, while it was a horrible trade, it's 100% and completely accentuated by the fact that it happened with the Rockies and not one of the other 29 MLB teams.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    So we don't want or need 1.0-1.5 fWAR players in their pre-arb years?

Especially at two positions (LH 4th OFer and utility man who can be a platoon option at 3b) that we are looking to fill this offseason?

Also, LeMahieu had a slightly higher OPS on the road last year. Not that it proves Coors didn't help, but it's worth noting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast