Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SINCESTARBURY25 View Post
    I can't stand these threads talking about old players and bashing them.
    yesterdays trash apparently.

vCash
    Ronnie Brew was on ESPN radio a few days ago, said this Knicks team is better and more equipped to win it all than the Bulls teams he was on. Said the vets and depth give us the edge. When asked if STAT should start or come off the bench, he said they're happy to have him back either way, but went out of his way to state that bringing him off the bench gives us the league's best second unit player and a matchup nightmare for opposing benches. Also said he thinks STAT, like everyone else on this team, is prepared to do whatever coach wants and sacrifice for the team.

You could tell Ronnie Brew is a very intelligent dude, puts a lot of thought into his Q & A. Would have liked them to ask how his knee is doing though and if its something that will continue to linger for awhile.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=8692432
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 12-01-2012 at 07:31 PM.

vCash
    How many teams are prepared to deal with Stat off the bench at the four and five. The starting unit as is fine but when facing big teams Melo should play the sf and either Kurt or Wallace at the pf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    Couldnt even read your full post. Please stop, Fields is AWFUL. Should not be in the NBA

Omg..thank you....lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    How many teams are prepared to deal with Stat off the bench at the four and five. The starting unit as is fine but when facing big teams Melo should play the sf and either Kurt or Wallace at the pf
    Kurt doesn't look like he has much of anything left in the tank. I am tired of him starting, looking 70 years old and coming out in 2.5 minutes before moving Melo back to the 4. With coming Kidd back I think we won't see anymore of that.

Even if our plan is to move Melo back to the 3, I would start Wallace over STAT. STAT makes our bench and overall team incredibly dynamic.

We have a matchup nightmare in the starting unit - Melo at the 4. Than comes STAT as the 5 off the bench for another matchup nightmare.

Ronnie isn't really built for the bench, hes a perfect glue guy as a starter. I like the Felton-Kidd-Ronnie dynamic at the 1-2-3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Kurt doesn't look like he has much of anything left in the tank. I am tired of him starting, looking 70 years old and coming out in 2.5 minutes before moving Melo back to the 4. With coming Kidd back I think we won't see anymore of that.

Even if our plan is to move Melo back to the 3, I would start Wallace over STAT. STAT makes our bench and overall team incredibly dynamic.

We have a matchup nightmare in the starting unit - Melo at the 4. Than comes STAT as the 5 off the bench for another matchup nightmare.

Ronnie isn't really built for the bench, hes a perfect glue guy as a starter. I like the Felton-Kidd-Ronnie dynamic at the 1-2-3.
    I like the way you think. There would be a lot of nights our 2nd unit would carry the team. Wonder if we could use the same tactic through the playoffs.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    Yall leave Sr. Kurt Thomas alone! lol Everyone knows it take more minutes to warm up those old knees. Sure Sheed is one of our best steals on the cheap but don't sell Thomas out just yet. Obviously Sheed is better for us and you can see he is loving his 2nd chance to play in the NBA after 2 years off. No matter who we play or what town we are in all you hear is "SHEEEEEEEDDDDDD" ! I'm happy he is on our team. LAUNDRY WHO???? I think we all almost forgot he was on our team last season. I like Fields because he is a good guy. However, he has not been nearly the same since Melo came to town. Brewer is doing so much better for us on a consistant basis and you can't buy that! I love our team right now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    Couldnt even read your full post. Please stop, Fields is AWFUL. Should not be in the NBA
    LOL why do you insist on making yourself look like a joke?

vCash
    Fields has been injured and only played in 5 games so far, but he had a 1.37 PER

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY3487 View Post
    Fields has been injured and only played in 5 games so far, but he had a 1.37 PER
    so some posters understand what that means, the league average is 15.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    When Fields went to Toronto I was upset only because I hoped we could trade him for Nash. If we had traded.for.Nash would we still have gotten Felton or Kidd ?

vCash
    Thomas doesnlook like he should be an emergency big, when Shump and Amare returns I would not dress White and Kurt. Copeland would be the 12.man. Prigs, Camby, would be spot players, Brewer, Wallace would be out of the rotation possibly, what depth. Play off rotation Melo, Novak, Amare, Chandler, Kidd, Shumphert, Felton, Smith wll be it. But the depth can play to keep the 8 fresh for the tournament.

vCash
    When Fields went to Toronto I was upset only because I hoped we could trade him for Nash. If we had traded.for.Nash would we still have gotten Felton or Kidd ?
    Maybe I think the Knicks wouldn't have even tried to match Lin then, clearly they found Lin to be expendable in Woodsons system. Not sure if Felton would come in to be the back-up though. Nash and Kidd plus Priggs would be the oldest PG trio in history lol.

vCash
    The trade to get nash included Iman which Knicks refused, and I'm very happy about that.

Instead of Nash we got Felton, Kidd and kept Iman............12-4, 12-4, and 12-4.

And Landry with his 1.35 PER...............see ya............

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    The trade to get nash included Iman which Knicks refused, and I'm very happy about that.

Instead of Nash we got Felton, Kidd and kept Iman............12-4, 12-4, and 12-4.

And Landry with his 1.35 PER...............see ya............
    I'm not convinced the Knicks said no to adding Shumpert. More that Nash choose the Lakers over us. I love Shumpert and didn't want to add him either. Sometimes you luck into the right move, I think that might of happend in this case.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast