Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1224
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    If you look at all the Justin Upton to the Rangers talk....it centered around Elvis Andrus and the Braves talk? Andrelton Simmonds.

I think Kevin Towers has become tunnel visioned on getting that next stud, young, defensively slick, young, SS. Didi Gregorious is that next one he focused on, and found a way to keep Upton in the process. He very well may be wrong here, but this reeks of a case of Towers becoming fixated on this player and this player alone.
    Well that's a terrible character practice for a GM to have IMO.

I mean I am all for having "your guy" like Hoyer had with Rizzo but, we got him for a RP (good one albiet) but, clouding judgement and selling short is dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I hope Theo has a trade like this up his sleeve. It would be awesome if the Rangers got desperate and traded Olt for Garza. I know it's not going to happen, just let me dream.
    At the rate prospects are changing hands, why not?

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Wonder if he inquired on hak-ju lee
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    Kinda like how I feel that KC may have been just REALLY after Shields. Not that I think it makes it right, but hey.
    These are the kinds of deals you get when you push the market and you don't let it unfold.

I don't think the Royals did putrid by trading Meyers for Shields. But I think they could have done better, and they got a little desperate and made the move quickly. Same here. The Diamondbacks got desperate for that SS, and made the move on December 11th, when they had months to wait the market out a little more.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I hope Theo has a trade like this up his sleeve. It would be awesome if the Rangers got desperate and traded Olt for Garza. I know it's not going to happen, just let me dream.
    with the price of pitching being what it has been this offseason i wouldnt be suprised. i mean the mets want Olt+ for dickey and the haul of highly touted specs for two years of shields. the only problem is that garza is in the final year of his deal, but i can see the rangers moving olt pretty soon seeing as they are still trying to find playing time for all those infielders and olt seems to be the odd man out, but i just dont see him getting thrown back in the minors at this point when he can be dealt for pitching. its plausible but i think its unlikely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Well that's a terrible character practice for a GM to have IMO.

I mean I am all for having "your guy" like Hoyer had with Rizzo but, we got him for a RP (good one albiet) but, clouding judgement and selling short is dumb.
    Welcome to GM's, dude.

These things happen. But you can see how this played out, somewhat. It's been "defensive SS" over and over again all offseason in concert with the D'Backs. Elvis Andrus. Andrelton Simmonds.

Towers had a preset type of player he wanted, and he was dead set on getting it.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    These are the kinds of deals you get when you push the market and you don't let it unfold.

I don't think the Royals did putrid by trading Meyers for Shields. But I think they could have done better, and they got a little desperate and made the move quickly. Same here. The Diamondbacks got desperate for that SS, and made the move on December 11th, when they had months to wait the market out a little more.
    Yup, I agree with this. It seemed to be fixated on just going "Here's a hole (#1 starter/shortstop). Here's a player that can fill it. Let's do this." It's not terrible, but I do think it's rather shortsighted and it may have cost them by moving so early in a sense.

vCash
    Soriano for Dom Brown straight up? Surely Jayson Stark is kidding, but one can hope I guess.

vCash
    Would anyone do Samardzija for Olt? I just want to find a way to trade for Olt. Kaplan said in a article today that if Garza wouldn't of gotten hurt last year, Olt would already be here.

vCash
    Would anyone do Samardzija for Olt? I just want to find a way to trade for Olt. Kaplan said in a article today that if Garza wouldn't of gotten hurt last year, Olt would already be here.
    No.

I like Olt, allot and still no.

vCash
    Straight up? No.

vCash
    I can't say I would. We need pitching. We need to trade for pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    No.

I like Olt, allot and still no.
    Obviously there would be more involved but those would be the two main pieces.

vCash
    Wow what an awful trade by the D-Backs...

vCash
    I see Samardzija like most seem to see Barney: sell high.

Also saw that someone suggested that Barney was one of the worst hitters in baseball last year. This is a false statement. He's not a good hitter by any means except maybe batting average, but he's a competent bat overall.

I hate that I have to champion a mediocre talent, but I think Cubs fans underrate Barney. I mean come the **** on...Logan Watkins? It's not that easy folks.

The only way they should be trading any player - be it Soriano or Shark or Barney or Garza - is if the deal is of extremely high quality ala the Rays. Those are high quality players/talents and the Cubs should be getting back high quality in return.

Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast