Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 82 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    Comparable stats, maybe. Comparable stuff? Absolutely not. Masterson has considerably more potential so it's not fair to call them similar.
    Masterson is older than Wood and has had more seasons. If his stuff hasn't translated to TOR than it probably never will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Cubs25 View Post
    Maybe you should look at the stats. I've already compared the two in previous posts before but you probably know more than me because I bet you're super smart.
    Compare what the **** you want if u put masterson and wood on waivers every mlb team would put a claim on masterson...wood not so much. Kobe and john doe have the sams stats as well.

Ohhhh and yeah i am pretty damn smart.
    Last edited by ABE32; 12-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Ehhhh...

If that's the best reasoning we can come up with, especially considering how actively Barney is reportedly being shopped, I think I'd rather just go for Ubaldo and hope he can dig up any of what he had for 4+ consecutive seasons that he's only 2 years removed from. He's still only 28 so logic would dictate all that stuff is still buried in there somewhere.
    I could be totally off, but didn't Jimenez lose velocity?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I could be totally off, but didn't Jimenez lose velocity?
    Yes, he did.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    Price is reasonably a 5-win pitcher for the remainder of his current contract. Shark could easily be a 3-win pitcher over the same span. Let's not get crazy about how much surplus value is reasonable to give up to likely improve your rotation by a total of six wins over a three year span.
    I'm all for moving Shark for price. Shark + Rizzo ++ I'd never do. I'd do Shark +++ for sure. Rizzo I'd need to think long and hard about. Not trying to over value him but he's not just offense or defense. He's both at a power position 24 years old and extremely cheap.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Cubs in agreement with Japanese closer Kyuji Fujikawa. Rival executives involved in bidding had expected him to go to #Angels.
    HOLY ****!! YES, YES, YES!! This is a move we should all be elated for!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    I'm all for moving Shark for price. Shark + Rizzo ++ I'd never do. I'd do Shark +++ for sure. Rizzo I'd need to think long and hard about. Not trying to over value him but he's not just offense or defense. He's both at a power position 24 years old and extremely cheap.
    Rizzo is 23 and wont be 24 until near the end of the season next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    I was unaware things like that were available. Thanks

vCash
    Yeah the signing seems pretty good with what bull pen pitchers are getting in this market.

vCash
    I honestly can't think of two pitchers less similar than Justin Masterson and Travis Wood. Seriously....maybe R.A. Dickey and CC Sabathia? This is tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaclown View Post
    I honestly can't think of two pitchers less similar than Justin Masterson and Travis Wood. Seriously....maybe R.A. Dickey and CC Sabathia? This is tough.
    Agreed and Thank you and jfc... SB is back. That's classic sb right there. Apples meet oranges.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Hmm, wasn't aware of the sharp velocity decline for Ubaldo. I mean I figured something was obviously wrong for the past 2 seasons. He's started 30+ both of those last two years though so if it's an injury it must be an underlying one.

Seems odd that a 26, 27, 28 year old would just all of a sudden start tanking in velocity when he should be gearing up to enter his prime. Makes you wonder if Cleveland saw something mechanically midway through 2011 they thought they could fix and maybe just ****ed it up even further.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    Rizzo is 23 and wont be 24 until near the end of the season next year.
    Is he really? My god, didn't realize we were the same age. Yeah, I'm really not sure I could force my self to move him unless it was a straight up deal.

vCash
    I thought velocity peaked around 24/25

vCash
    David Price > Anthony Rizzo

Page 7 of 82 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast