Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Any chance they add a dempster to go with shields? I think Santana can bounce back. Davis should be better leaving the al east. That could be a solid rotation.

vCash
    ABTY7... Didn't Royals like Barney as well? For some reason I was thinking Royals was one of the teams that talked to the Cubs about Barney.

It would be interesting to see what Royals would trade for Barney/DeJesus if they liked both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    An extreme down year from Hosmer (injury) and most of the year without Perez while Frenchy was god awful most of the year... not exactly a fair assessment...
    I'm sorry I just don't see it. I'm not even sure the Royals are better than the White Sox next year let alone the Tigers. Giving away two major league ready pieces for 2 years of Shields and a guy who has no history of success as a starter. I'd say Odorizzi would be the odds on favorite to provide more value than Davis this year.

vCash
    Ty, I know you're connected with the Royals via scouts and what have you...are you a fan as of the team as well? Like secondary to the Cubs, equal with the Cubs, just a curious onlooker, or none of these at all?

Like others have said you obviously have a better grasp on the KC specs than most, but the very early feedback I'm seeing from even the national writers seems to be in agreement with the masses here that Friedman may have made out like a thief in the night on this one.

Jill Garvey <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    You obviously know Royals prospects a ton better than I do, but I don't see a lot of 37-HR minor league seasons on Cruz's prospect resume.
    Braun topped out at 22 HR in the minors, Beltran had 19, Votto had 22, Kemp also had 22... matter of fact, sans an 18 year old Giancarlo Stanton, almost no MLB superstar has posted that many HR in a minor league season... Russell Branyon did hit 40 which is amazing expect that Ron Kittle did as well only he followed it up by hitting 50 the next season...

Not knocking Myers... He'll likely be my favorite player for years to come with how closely I've been privledged to follow him thus far but to say that since Nelson Cruz never hit 37 in a minor league season that Myers is obviously a superior hitter is weak and lazy, two things which you are very much not...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    I'm sorry I just don't see it. I'm not even sure the Royals are better than the White Sox next year let alone the Tigers. Giving away two major league ready pieces for 2 years of Shields and a guy who has no history of success as a starter. I'd say Odorizzi would be the odds on favorite to provide more value than Davis this year.
    Not even close... Where is this Odorizzi overvalue coming from exactly?
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Ty, I know you're connected with the Royals via scouts and what have you...are you a fan as of the team as well? Like secondary to the Cubs, equal with the Cubs, just a curious onlooker, or none of these at all?

Like others have said you obviously have a better grasp on the KC specs than most, but the very early feedback I'm seeing from even the national writers seems to be in agreement with the masses here that Friedman may have made out like a thief in the night on this one.
    Become a fan of their younger players just from exposure... Ironically, I have a pretty solid 'relationship' with Myers... Again, hate to see him go but the others included should NOT impress anyone. I compared them to Archer and McNutt before, and I stand by that expect that I believe Archer has a high ceiling than does Odorizzi...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Not even close... Where is this Odorizzi overvalue coming from exactly?
    I think Odorizzi can come in right now and be a solid back of the rotation guy. Wade Davis on the other hand has posted years of .6 and 1.1 WARS as a starter. With FIP/XIP being in excess of 4.5 each year. He was great out of the bullpen last year, but I have serious doubts any of that translates into being a starter.

vCash
    Become a fan of their younger players just from exposure... Ironically, I have a pretty solid 'relationship' with Myers... Again, hate to see him go but the others included should NOT impress anyone. I compared them to Archer and McNutt before, and I stand by that expect that I believe Archer has a high ceiling than does Odorizzi...
    They've also just gone from a system that has had loads of trouble developing their top pitching specs to one that seems to have a golden development touch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    They've also just gone from a system that has had loads of trouble developing their top pitching specs to one that seems to have a golden development touch.
    This. I think Montgomery has a real shot at regaining his shimmer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    Ugh... this is why I have trouble discussing the Royals to others outside scouting circles or regional media guys... Danny Knobler just wrote about this a bit... Everyone hates everything the Royals ever do, while the Rays are social media golden children... Will say this, at the Winter Meetings, neither the White Sox nor the Tigers were happy about the possibility of the Royals dealing Myers for Shields- not in the least. Will also say that the Rangers had Olt and Perez on the table at the Meetings for Shields, while the Angels offered anyone not named Trout...

Hate sounding like a fanboy... not that at all... just it amazes me how off based some of these assessments are...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    Ugh... this is why I have trouble discussing the Royals to others outside scouting circles or regional media guys... Danny Knobler just wrote about this a bit... Everyone hates everything the Royals ever do, while the Rays are social media golden children... Will say this, at the Winter Meetings, neither the White Sox nor the Tigers were happy about the possibility of the Royals dealing Myers for Shields- not in the least. Will also say that the Rangers had Olt and Perez on the table at the Meetings for Shields, while the Angels offered anyone not named Trout...

Hate sounding like a fanboy... not that at all... just it amazes me how off based some of these assessments are...
    The Rangers are legitimate world series contender as are the Angels. As things stands the Royals are not on that level.

vCash
    Do the Royals have an interest in Barney or are they going with Getz at 2B? I wonder if they'd have an interest in Barney/DeJesus/Marmol, if we paid 10 mill or so of their deals? Maybe get Duffy and Crow?

vCash

Are you saying that the Rays development is overrated? Is there really a strong separation between them and the rest? It can be irritating just how much praise the Rays get when the internal structure is not relatively known by fans and people outside of scouting; I can definitely understand your perspective.

vCash
    I haven't had a chance to read much on the trade and everyone's comments, but my immediate reaction was, "****ing go Royals! Win one for my dad and we'll celebrate at Winstead's."

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast