Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The problem is that everybody needs pitching and everybody is in contact with those guys. I mean, I don't hate our chances, but I'm not exactly penciling them in either.

At this point, I kind of really want Dempster back.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind dempster back. Jackson is my first choice though. If dempster came back it would get bad in here. If you thought Stewart was bad dempster would be worse IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Come on, it couldn't be that that much fun. They spent all that money!
    Honestly, though? I bet it eats at him at least a little that everyone thinks a monkey could do his job.

vCash
    If the Dodgers get Annibal as well, which evidently is independent of whether they sign Ryu or not(they're shopping Capuano and Harang), the bidding could get pretty crazy on the next tier. That said, I do think we'll land one of Marcum, Liriano, or Jackson. In that order of likelihood for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    If the Dodgers get Annibal as well, which evidently is independent of whether they sign Ryu or not(they're shopping Capuano and Harang), the bidding could get pretty crazy on the next tier. That said, I do think we'll land one of Marcum, Liriano, or Jackson. In that order of likelihood for me.
    Baker and Feldman signings look pretty out-of-this-world at this point, don't they?

They're going to get another starter... May be one of the three above, may be Villanueva, could be trade- market is impossible to judge at the moment...anything outside of just knowing they are deadset on obtaining another SP is just guesswork, even for me...
    Ombudsman

vCash
    I wouldn't want Dempster on a 3yr deal which is what he is set on getting. He will be expensive too since he has already gotten two year offers for 25 and 26 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    Honestly, though? I bet it eats at him at least a little that everyone thinks a monkey could do his job.
    I would take solace in them being wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Baker and Feldman signings look pretty out-of-this-world at this point, don't they?

They're going to get another starter... May be one of the three above, may be Villanueva, could be trade- market is impossible to judge at the moment...anything outside of just knowing they are deadset on obtaining another SP is just guesswork, even for me...
    That makes me very, very happy to hear.

vCash

I've not seen Villanueva connected to anyone yet. Is he still dead set on being guaranteeed a rotation spot? If so, I'm not sure we can even offer that. Second question: I can't get a single guy on Twitter to answer it either......Does Barney net a top 100ish type prospect on his own? And is the FO leaning towards dealing him? I'd guess the Cabrwra thing has to be resolved first, maybe Drew signing somewhere as well, but I had high(unwarranted perhaps) of netting a nice return on him over the offseason.

vCash
    They're going to get another starter... they are deadset on obtaining another SP...
    Happy Hanukkah, indeed.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydoc45 View Post
    I have a feeling that we may already be in contact with their agents. I know we aren't happy with the rotation going forward, but would either of those be guys we could sign long term (as an option when we are in contention) or as a 1 year sign and deal at the deadline?
    I think we could keep Edwin for the long term, but Marcum most likely would be a rental

vCash
    If they aren't satisfied with the rotation, hopefully that means they aren't satisfied with the OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    If they aren't satisfied with the rotation, hopefully that means they aren't satisfied with the OF.
    True dat, flip DeJesus to Seattle whenever they lose out on Hamilton, get Bourn, sign another starter and I buy some tickets

vCash
    Sometimes I wonder what we could have gotten for Marmol around the 2010 trade deadline. Oh, what a season he had.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    So... Wood starts in the AAA then? Crappy for him.

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast