Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Enntea View Post
    And Starlin is a top major league shortstop signed to a long term, team friendly contract. Bauer would make a great piece in a Castro trade, but you'd need to get one more top prospect and 2 low-A lottery tickets at least.
    What does "top" mean?
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    I would want the Cubs to get back Bauer, Skaggs, and a couple others before I even think about trading Castro. And I highly doubt the D-Backs would ever do that.

vCash
    isnt starlin top 3 in hits since his call up? thats called top

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan21 View Post
    What would it take to get Granderson? Any chance Marmol and a prospect would get it done?
    Only if the Cubs allow Yankees to throw in Cano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    isnt starlin top 3 in hits since his call up? thats called top
    I can't tell if you are serious? There is so much more that goes into a short stop than the number of hits they get
    #Turtlepower

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Where do you plan on playing Tank?

I was briefly intrigued when I saw 3b in his playing history, but he's beyond awful there and really can't do anything other than DH, 1b or LF.
    If we were to acquire Tank then play him a few games at 3b or platoon in RF w Schierholtz. We had Sosa all those years in RF, am sure Tank is not that bad in RF as Sosa was. Until Soriano is traded then he plays LF. Like some one posted this guy has ton of power, I sacrifice some Defense to get his bat in the lineup.
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    I find it difficult to believe the Cubs didn't have an offer, at the very least, in the ballpark of the one McCarthy signed. I'm guessing when your team is so awful you're going to have to overpay to get any decent non-reclamation project FAs. And that's the situation we're in right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    If we were to acquire Tank then play him a few games at 3b or platoon in RF w Schierholtz. We had Sosa all those years in RF, am sure Tank is not that bad in RF as Sosa was. Until Soriano is traded then he plays LF. Like some one posted this guy has ton of power, I sacrifice some Defense to get his bat in the lineup.
    If you are referring to my post about him it was complete sarcasm. It's just what hawk said about 50% of the white sox hitters..one being him
    #Turtlepower

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I find it difficult to believe the Cubs didn't have an offer, at the very least, in the ballpark of the one McCarthy signed. I'm guessing when your team is so awful you're going to have to overpay to get any decent non-reclamation project FAs. And that's the situation we're in right now.
    My question is why do the Dbacks need McCarthy with their SP depth?! Good Lord they have a stout staff.

Kennedy, Cahill, Corbin, Skaggs, Miley, McCarthy, Hudson(relatively soon), then Bauer and Anderson not far off. Must be nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    My question is why do the Dbacks need McCarthy with their SP depth?! Good Lord they have a stout staff.

Kennedy, Cahill, Corbin, Skaggs, Miley, McCarthy, Hudson(relatively soon), then Bauer and Anderson not far off. Must be nice.
    Don't forget about Archie Bradley in a couple years. They have to trade at least 2 of these guys. I'd guess one of Bauer and Skaggs for an impact player and Corbin or Hudson.
    Last edited by Cubsfan365; 12-07-2012 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Sosa was a good RF.

vCash
    Why don't the Royals just trade some of their young bats for some of the D-Backs pitching and call it a day?

vCash
    tulo and andrus are only ss you can argue to be better than starlin. hits matter a lot... its kinda the most important stat. offensively. it factors into every stat outside of walks. unless you go really advance stats on me like ...

glove re-velcroing rate / eye blinks per sec X jersey tightness / hat proximity to sun = a slow winter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    What does "top" mean?
    in War he is 2.3,3.5,3.3 over his 3 seasons

in 2012 he was 7th in the Majors. While being 4th in the NL.

yea when you have a player in the top 3rd of the league 3 years in a row. You start talking about him be a top player. Not talking about a player who is still only 23 (in march) where guys ahead of him are nearly 10 years his senior. Castro can be Elite bat at a spot where Elite bats aren't common.

PS Tag darkfire423 - call of duty black ops 2, battlefield 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    tulo and andrus are only ss you can argue to be better than starlin. hits matter a lot... its kinda the most important stat. offensively. it factors into every stat outside of walks. unless you go really advance stats on me like ...

glove re-velcroing rate / eye blinks per sec X jersey tightness / hat proximity to sun = a slow winter
    Fan graphs WAR disagrees with you.

Edit: I just noticed the bolded part in your response. Ha
    Last edited by gaughan333; 12-07-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    #Turtlepower

Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast