Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'd much rather take every single $ you plan to give to someone like bourn and give it to greinke
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I'd much rather take every single $ you plan to give to someone like bourn and give it to greinke
    I feel the same way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    What issues are there to Greinke's durability?
    My bad, I thought he had an injury history but the only he has had is a rib injuey he suffered prior to the 2011 season by playing basketball. He seems to be way past the depression issues that plagued him in Kansas City. I still feel though Price's stuff makes him a true number 1 over Greinke if I had to choose.

vCash
    Gato, what if they demanded Almora as PTBNL instead of say Brett Jackson? I think I would still do that.

vCash
    I would probably give up just about anything for Price.

vCash
    No way what Gato said was an overpay for Price. If TB would accept that, it'd be done already. I actually think thats a great deal for both sides.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    This is the trade:

Samardzija (a more cost controlled starter with premium stuff for them to slot in), Barney (a starting SS for them), Baez (instantly their best propsect), Vitters (supposedly they like him), Jackson (they lack OFers), and Castillo (instantly their starting C) to the Rays for Price and fodder without really thinking too hard about it.
    Yeah I'd do that, without even thinking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    He's not a FA until 2016.

I'm perfectly fine with that being viewed as too much (it isn't), I'd rather that than not enough. Price is one of the few true #1s in the league, and would be a monster in the NL. I'd even extend him for CC money.
    That very arguably IS too much. Too many ML players who immediately slot in as starters for them. You have to give up a lot of prospects in a deal because they're risk/reward pieces that aren't even guaranteed to make the majors and provide any kind of value. In that package, you're giving up almost nothing but guys who have already made the majors, all with years of cheap control, on top of your best prospect.

Barney put up 2.5 WAR last year and would be more valuable to them as a SS. Castillo was worth 1.2 wins in 52 games and could be another 2.5 WAR type in a full season as a starter. BJax, even with his strikeout issues, could probably be a 2 WAR player for them with his skillset. Shark was worth 3.3 WAR as a starter.

You're giving up something like 10 annual wins worth of major league players with damn near 20 years of combined control. And then a fringy ML prospect they happen to like and your best blue chip prospect on top of that. It's an enormous amount of projected surplus value for a single package.

I mean, I might still do it, but you're definitely giving up more than fair surplus value.
    Last edited by Rynoplasty; 12-01-2012 at 02:15 PM.

vCash
    I'd probably replace Bjax with almora. True #1 type pitchers like that do not come along very often. I think before doing something like that though, I would probably want an extension in place with him.

vCash
    I think the Cubs will be one of the very few teams (Large market) that will have the payroll flexibility this year and next to offer the kind of extension Price will command.

vCash
    I think Manny Parra would be a great buy low candidate. I'd take him over Liriano

vCash
    I bet the Rays would want Rizzo in any Price deal. Which is fine, I think people here tend to overrate Rizzo's value anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaclown View Post
    I bet the Rays would want Rizzo in any Price deal. Which is fine, I think people here tend to overrate Rizzo's value anyway.
    Just curious, how would you alter that deal to include Rizzo?

vCash
    Not sure I'd give up Rizzo and Shark + for Price. That'd leave us with a lot of holes.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Not sure I'd give up Rizzo and Shark + for Price. That'd leave us with a lot of holes.
    I agree here, would much rather include Vogelbach at this point.

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast