Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ugh im like getting a headache just looking at reynolds stats gawd he belongs in the american league as a dh...i want no part of his 200 k a season either...whippy dooo he walks some

vCash
    Dismiss walks, hang on K's...Sounds about right. His batting average is pretty low as well, and he's only had 100 RBIs once.

vCash
    Are you guys hoping for some sort of rebound? I feel like valbuena could put up a season above .5 fWAR. Or is it just that his power is attractive?
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    To be fair, 200Ks knocks about half a win in value compared with 100ks for the same offensive slash line.

vCash
    Of course I would be hoping for some rebound with Reynolds.

He's not the dream option but the other FA options have plenty of their own questions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Felt the same however I was assured it had more to do with putting the Ricketts families mind at ease than anything else... Heard some believe that once Henry sells the Sox (which apparently is more of a when not if) that the lure of going back home and righting his wrongs would be too appealing for Epstein to pass up... I for one tend to believe that as well... Have always had the feeling that Hoyer and McLeod are the long termers here, a feeling I felt was backed up by the signing of Scott Harris whom I've heard is already a guy around baseball that most feel will be the next wunderkind 28/30 year old GM...
    I know this was posted a couple days ago TY, and correct me if I am wrong but are you implying that Theo would leave, Hoyer then would become President and Harris the new cubs GM, or just Harris getting experience here and leaving?

vCash
    After looking at his numbers, and his terrible defense, I'm not real impressed
    #Turtlepower

vCash
    I think strikeouts get glossed over too much by today's stat junkies. A strikeout is not the same as any other out because of situational hitting scenarios.

A player that struggles making contact is going to have less sacrifice flies, less likely to be able to move a runner to 3rd with a groundball to the right side, less likely to be able to use in a hit and run etc. RBI's aren't a great indicator of someone's value but he could easily tack on 10-15 more a season by not striking out so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisjon View Post
    I think strikeouts get glossed over too much by today's stat junkies. A strikeout is not the same as any other out because of situational hitting scenarios.

A player that struggles making contact is going to have less sacrifice flies, less likely to be able to move a runner to 3rd with a groundball to the right side, less likely to be able to use in a hit and run etc. RBI's aren't a great indicator of someone's value but he could easily tack on 10-15 more a season by not striking out so much.
    Also less likely to hit into a double play

vCash
    what is the average number of dps hit into by a player in a year?
    #Turtlepower

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    what is the average number of dps hit into by a player in a year?
    I'm sure its not much, neither is the average number of sac flies or successful hit and runs. There are also RH pull hitters who don't advance runners from 2nd to 3rd with any sort of regularity.

Obviously if you had 2 identical players you would want one who strikes out less. I think kyle said the difference between a 200 K player and a 100 K player with identical lines is .5 wins. If thats accurate, that is a huge difference in K's for a modest difference in WAR.
    Last edited by CubRhetoric; 12-06-2012 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Are you guys hoping for some sort of rebound? I feel like valbuena could put up a season above .5 fWAR. Or is it just that his power is attractive?
    For me at least, it's his power that attractive. Outside of Rizzo, we have very little power (assuming Soriano gets moved). Reynolds could provide that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    For me at least, it's his power that attractive. Outside of Rizzo, we have very little power (assuming Soriano gets moved). Reynolds could provide that.
    What's the point though? We're gonna suck with or without Reynolds.

Jimmy <3

vCash
    Reynolds wants too much money Welcome back Ian Stewart ...don't rule out Ryan Dempster.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash

2012 Free Agent and Trade Ideas Thread 17

Posted this in the winter meetings thread and it got no responses. Try in here...
    The chatter in here for some time has been about how good the Rays match up with the Cubs as trade partners. If the latest three team trade rumors were to go down (with Olt going to the Rays), would that make him easier for us to acquire than when he was with the Rangers? Or does he become their 1B now that Longoria is locked up? What could we offer to get them to flip him to Chicago?

Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast