Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's not important to get a lefty, but I think they sign Liriano anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    It's not important to get a lefty, but I think they sign Liriano anyway.
    Perhaps. Of note, Liriano already passed on at least one offer from the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ABTY7 View Post
    Liriano was offered the exact same contract as Feldman, turned it down...

McCarthy is waiting for Greinke to sign... smart, mainly because I keep hearing him attached to the Angels now...

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Yes to Choo

vCash
    I wouldn't mind bringing gorzelanny back. I never really wanted him traded in the first place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Sweeney, Moylan and Reynolds interest me out of the non-tender group

I guess Brian Wilson too
    I'd like to see what this kid Juan Oramas can do...looked to have some good numbers in the minors.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Back to the Price talk, Gato, good trade. I think he would dominate the NL personally.

vCash
    This is the trade:

Samardzija (a more cost controlled starter with premium stuff for them to slot in), Barney (a starting SS for them), Baez (instantly their best propsect), Vitters (supposedly they like him), Jackson (they lack OFers), and Castillo (instantly their starting C) to the Rays for Price and fodder without really thinking too hard about it.

vCash
    This is the trade:

Samardzija (a more cost controlled starter with premium stuff for them to slot in), Barney (a starting SS for them), Baez (instantly their best propsect), Vitters (supposedly they like him), Jackson (they lack OFers), and Castillo (instantly their starting C) to the Rays for Price and fodder without really thinking too hard about it.
    And we have the payroll flexibility to extend him and he fits (In my mind) the Theoyer mold of paying for future performance.

vCash
    This is the trade:

To me that seems like to much. Plus in another year your'e going to have to turn around and sign him long term, im sure for over 100 million.

To me you might be better off just signing Greinke and not trading all the prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan87 View Post
    To me that seems like to much. Plus in another year your'e going to have to turn around and sign him long term, im sure for over 100 million.

To me you might be better off just signing Greinke and not trading all the prospects.
    He's not a FA until 2016.

I'm perfectly fine with that being viewed as too much (it isn't), I'd rather that than not enough. Price is one of the few true #1s in the league, and would be a monster in the NL. I'd even extend him for CC money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan87 View Post

I can't see the comparison between Greinke and Price. Price has so much more upside and I can see him dominate in the NL with his stuff. Greinke has too many question marks for my taste about durability.

vCash
    That is also not even remotely close to all the prospects.

vCash
    Why don't we get price and Greinke? One of the benefits of a cost controlled core is that you have the $ to spend other places. Such as having a 1-2 lefty righty punch that have both won a cy-young
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    What issues are there to Greinke's durability?
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Why don't we get price and Greinke? One of the benefits of a cost controlled core is that you have the $ to spend other places. Such as having a 1-2 lefty righty punch that have both won a cy-young
    Right? One costs prospects, of which there are and will be many, and the other only costs money and a 2nd round pick...Both will be high end starters for a long time.

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast