Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Ive always like Dexter Fowler, if we can trade for him I be happy. Maybe Wood + for Fowler.
    Well of course we would. The Rockies, would not.

Fly ball pitcher for their CF'er who posted a very nice OPS (fueled by Coors or not, they actually play in Coors so they benefit from that)?
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Along with Choo and Masterson I would love to try and pry Carlos Santana away from the tribe.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Along with Choo and Masterson I would love to try and pry Carlos Santana away from the tribe.
    Me too. And given a choice between the two, I'd rather dump prospects for Santana.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    He'd be priority one from them if I thought it was possible, but he's making half a million next year or something. That would be a game changing move....

I would also prefer Cabrera, especially if he's willing to move to 2B, over Choo. Choo is most appealing because he's probably the easiest of their 4 to acquire (obviously he also fits a need here).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    He'd be priority one from them if I thought it was possible, but he's making half a million next year or something. That would be a game changing move....

I would also prefer Cabrera, especially if he's willing to move to 2B, over Choo. Choo is most appealing because he's probably the easiest of their 4 to acquire (obviously he also fits a need here).
    Was posted somewhere in here that they're asking the moon for Choo. And Theo ain't George Bailey!

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Me too. And given a choice between the two, I'd rather dump prospects for Santana.
    And play him where? Most people think Santana isn't going to be a catcher much longer.

vCash
    Didn't know where to ask this- who the hell are 'MB' and 'ABTY7'? Actual, honest to goodness sources or just 'puter jocks that guess well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    And play him where? Most people think Santana isn't going to be a catcher much longer.
    I'm not one of those people.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Yeah, Santana is catching until his knees fall apart or he hits FA. Either way, he's not moving any time soon.

Epstein and friends know the value of a franchise C btw. Varitek was one of the few Red Sox who stayed employed for his intangibles there, while they tried to sell high or relatively high on everyone else they could. Padres went right out and landed Grandal after paying up for Hedges the prospect...It's a huge position for a franchise...the position most often seen as the captain of the infield, the position that works closest with the coaches on the staff...I think what they do with this position is going to be very interesting as I'm not 100% convinced that they're convinced Castillo is "that guy."
    Last edited by SenorGato; 12-03-2012 at 12:21 AM.

vCash

2012 Free Agent and Trade Ideas Thread 17

@ CPorter07: ABTY and MB are actual, honest to goodness sources

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Yeah, Santana is catching until his knees fall apart or he hits FA. Either way, he's not moving any time soon.

Epstein and friends know the value of a franchise C btw. Varitek was one of the few Red Sox who stayed employed for his intangibles there, while they tried to sell high or relatively high on everyone else they could. Padres went right out and landed Grandal after paying up for Hedges the prospect...It's a huge position for a franchise...the position most often seen as the captain of the infield, the position that works closest with the coaches on the staff...I think what they do with this position is going to be very interesting as I'm not 100% convinced that they're convinced Castillo is "that guy."
    Be interesting to see what they do with Tito. I could easily see them dealing Santana, Jimenez and Choo to the Rangers for Ott, Perez, Ogando and Leonys Martin, possibly another arm in there as well- deal would give the Indians multiple rotation arms (Ogando, Perez) while Olt and Martin become regulars for Tito immediately. Rangers solve their catching issues for the foreseeable future while Jimenez offers a solid 4th (with upside) for them and Choo helps offset Hamilton leaving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    @ CPorter07: ABTY and MB are actual, honest to goodness sources
    I can't find a site that has one let alone two. Think I'll stay for awhile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter07 View Post
    Didn't know where to ask this- who the hell are 'MB' and 'ABTY7'? Actual, honest to goodness sources or just 'puter jocks that guess well?
    ABTY7 is human. His identity is known.
    MB is a robot. Or he's Jim Hendry, one of the two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CPorter07 View Post
    I can't find a site that has one let alone two. Think I'll stay for awhile
    Good idea, unless you start posting stupid ****. Here's to hoping you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    ABTY7 is human. His identity is known.
    MB is a robot. Or he's Jim Hendry, one of the two.
    Randy Bush

vCash
    Porter's been pretty solid so far. Best new poster since Elvis.

Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast